origin1950

WOLVERINE

Seeing him throwing cards in the trailer was a big moment for me...I didnt really know Gambit was gonna be featured in this movie before that trailer so when I saw him I was like "Ohh shit it's Gambit..Finally!!"

Guest AdminGuyX

I like that we're finally seeing Gambit on screen too. It's overdue IMHO. I think the actor is pretty good casting too.

Njc------------

I would have liked to see Josh Holloway portray him though. They went with a young Gambit here. No biggie though, Gambit was older when he was a part of the X-Men, not when he was doing his own thing.

2352.jpg

It's that time again, and the new issue of Empire is about to hit the shelves. And this month we have a very exciting, news-packed feature from the set of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, which is why the glowering mutant himself adorns our front cover.

We got the lowdown from star Hugh Jackman, director Gavin Hood, Liev Schreiber (who plays Victor Creed) and many more for the full picture from the film's set, and here's a taster of what they're going for.

Continue reading:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=23770

Those lovable rogues over at Comingsoon.net have confirmed that the first trailer for X-Men Origins: Wolverine, the first and potentially most lucrative of the X-Men franchise spin-offs, will debut in cinemas on December 12.

That’s the day the earth slows down a bit for The Day The Earth Stood Still, of course, and now the Keanu Reeves sci-fi movie might stand to make a little bit of extra cash from fanboys who’ll line up to see the trailer on the big screen, some time before it shows up online or on TV.

Continue reading:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=23767

Can't wait to see the trailer when it's released

Fresh off being named “Sexiest Man Alive” by People Magazine, Hugh Jackman has a lot to be thankful for these days. His epic Baz Luhrmann film “Australia” hits theaters today, and he’s returning to the big screen as one of comics’ most popular superheroes, Wolverine, in next year’s “X-Men Origins: Wolverine.”

In the following video, Jackman explains to MTV that there are plenty of surprises left for the “Wolverine” audience, and not only tells us that he’d like to do another film, but teases the story he’d like to tell.

Continue reading:

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/11/26/hugh-...equel-in-japan/

Hugh Jackman will leave the "Wolverine" franchise alone - if you guys hate it.

That's what he told Moviehole today - that if audiences don't go for next year's "X-Men" prequel he'll gladly walk away from the series and forget all about the sequel he's already developing in his noggin.

''If it’s clear to us on May second or third that that’s gone, then I’ll walk away happily", Jackman says of the audience appeal in the character. ''I’m not going to flog something – or flog a dead horse, or try and make movies that people don’t really want to go and see. I have no interest in that. Even no matter how much I love the character. So there are many prerequisites".

And although he'd personally like to do a sequel, he's not going to do it just for the hell of it.

Continue reading:

http://www.moviehole.net/200816773-jackman...-from-wolverine

Ladies and Gents.... the first picture of Gambit is released!

gambitcsshh.jpg

I have faith in the young Taylor Kitsch as this younger version of the Cajun

-Raffi

Screw Gambit... Deadpool damnit!

Yes I too would love to see some Deadpool picture

That's fuckin sweet.

That pic fuckin rocks! Hugh Jackman's Wolverine has got to be one of the baddest motherfuckers alive!

I hate to be too nit-picky but the facial hair . . . c'mon guys.

If you want to ground this in reality let's really be realistic.

Why am I thinking that no enlisted man would be permitted to run around with lambchops?

Takes me right out of it.

Love the idea of our heroes beating the beach head on D-Day though.

- TB

I hate to be too nit-picky but the facial hair . . . c'mon guys.

If you want to ground this in reality let's really be realistic.

Why am I thinking that no enlisted man would be permitted to run around with lambchops?

Takes me right out of it.

Love the idea of our heroes beating the beach head on D-Day though.

- TB

But it's Sabretooth and Wolverine. They're the only one's that CAN. None of the other soldiers are sprouting facial hair?

If we're gonna be realistic, why are mutants fighting on D-Day? ;)

But it's Sabretooth and Wolverine. They're the only one's that CAN. None of the other soldiers are sprouting facial hair?

If we're gonna be realistic, why are mutants fighting on D-Day? ;)

No raff, none of the other soldiers are sprouting facial hair.

But you see my point though right Raff?

I'm not trying to take a dump on this or anyone who thinks it's neat as fuck, I'm just saying, historically it's inaccurate.

If the the filmmakers are trying to really make us believe (in that make-believe way) that Wolvie and STooth were in the house on D-Day, just dump the hair.

It grows back ;)

I say it takes ME out of it.

Not implying that anyone else can't enjoy it for what it is.

- TB

I mean, seriously- they stand out like sore thumbs amongst the rest of the enlisted men... and what is that symbol on their uniforms and helmets? Yin-Yang? In powder blue? *gulp*

That's the blue and the grey of the fightin' 29th Infantry Division. Here's some history -

"The 29th Infantry Division trained in Scotland and England for the crosschannel invasion, October 1942-June 1944. In May 1943 the division moved to the Devon-Cornwall peninsula and started conducting simulated attacks against fortified positions. Five stretches of French coastline in Normandy were selected as the sites for the landings that the allies intended as the primary effort to defeat Hitler on the western front. One of these, codenamed "Omaha," became the responsibility of the Regular Army's 1st Infantry Division and the 29th on the morning of 6 June 1944.

The 29th Infantry Division was the vanguard of the Allied attack on the hostile shores of Omaha Beach on D-Day, June 6, 1944. The 29th Division was sorely disappointed every time the D-Day invasion was postponed and felt almost a sense of relief when they finally loaded the landing craft, even though the conditions were adverse. The attack to begin the liberation of France will long be remembered as the beginning of the Allies' "Great Crusade" to rekindle the lamp of freedom and liberty on the continent of Europe. Teamed with the 1st Division, a regiment of the 29th (116th Infantry) was in the first assault wave to hit the beaches at Normandy on D-day, 6 June 1944. Landing on Omaha Beach on the same day in the face of intense enemy fire, the Division soon secured the bluff tops and occupied Isigny, 9 June. The Division cut across the Elle River and advanced slowly toward St. Lo, fighting bitterly in the Normandy hedge rows."

29thInfantry.jpg

- TB

No raff, none of the other soldiers are sprouting facial hair.

But you see my point though right Raff?

I'm not trying to take a dump on this or anyone who thinks it's neat as fuck, I'm just saying, historically it's inaccurate.

If the the filmmakers are trying to really make us believe (in that make-believe way) that Wolvie and STooth were in the house on D-Day, just dump the hair.

It grows back ;)

I say it takes ME out of it.

Not implying that anyone else can't enjoy it for what it is.

- TB

I know what you mean I was teasing..... and I didn't mean to ask if the other soldiers were sprouting facial hair. I accidentally added a question mark at the end of my statement making it a question. ;)

But yeah it's not only gonna take you out of it, it's gonna take my military buddies out of it as well. It's not only historically inaccurate, it's inaccurate period. The way I look at it is that it's a comic book movie. Anything goes. You can be accurate and inaccurate at the same time I think. I'm not disagreeing though, if you're gonna go with history, then go with history. I don't think I'll have a problem if the only wrong thing about this is the fact that they're sprouting them chops when they shouldn't