origin1950

WOLVERINE

I know we throw Dolph's name a lot over here but 2 characters I think Dolph would kick ass portraying are:

1. Juggernaut - Even though it's Vinnie Jones' role, I think Dolph woulda been better.

2. Omega Red - Big Russian guy. Dolph's been a big Russian guy. He'd be great. TL and I had a talk about this before. It would be nice.

-Raffi

Guest FADoss

I think Jones was perfect as Juggernaut. "I'm the Juggernaut bitch."

Lundgren as Omega Red would be PERFECT!!!!

Fred

I don't care for the x-3 version of Juggernaut. He was just too different too me, and annoying. Did anyone here watch the x-men cartoon back in the early 90's? I thought that was basically to Marvel what Batman:TAS was to DC. It was pretty good for a kids cartoon. I liked Omega Red in that, as well. All though it's been a long time since I've seen it.

He was based on the Ultimates version where he's a mutant and not a human powered by the jewel of Cyttorak or however the fuck it's spelled.

-Raffi

Raf - you meant the Ruby of Cytorrak.

*Even though technically Juggernaut was a mutant in X3, Zak Penn talked alot about the concept of him being 50% mutant and 50% something else.

The scene that suggests this, is when Wolverine stabs Juggernaut in the bicep in the extended fight at Jean Grey's house.

The Juggernaut's mutation was clearly a combination of both a healing factor and the unstoppable force of motion he can create.

What may be "something else" is the strength and size.

When he approached Kitty his body DID NOT shrink.

Hopefully X4 gets approved and we can see a deeper take on Vinnie Jones' Juggernaut.

-TL

Juggernaut was very different in X-3...Wasnt he also Professor Xavier's brother in the comics? We didnt get a hint of any of that in the movie, though it is just a minor detail.

About the Wolverine movie, I think the trailer was damn cool.I hope to see at least a glimpse of Omega Red or even Silver Samurai, maybe in a sequel.

Raf - you meant the Ruby of Cytorrak.

Yes exactaly. Thanks bub. It's been a while for me since I've read an X-Men comic.

Here's a decent quality upload of the first part of the Comicon Trailer...

If anybody can track down PART II or the FULL Trailer, please post the link.

-TL

Here is another report, basically the same stuff.

http://www.joblo.com/trouble-in-wolvieland

I don't get why they need the softer tone. It's Wolverine, not Superman. Besides that, I thought the second X-Men film was pretty dark, and take a look at TDK. If anything, TDK has taught us that a lighter tone does not mean more money.

Guest FADoss

OH MY GOD THIS MOVIE IS GOING TO BE SHIT!!! They're toning it down!!! Next they'll add a nu-metal soundtrack and rubber heads!!!

:D

Fred

Fox fucked up a lot of films in the past, but I hope that's not true about Wolverine and they will keep the right tone.

sorry about this, but it's been a long time since i read about Wolverines past, but wasnt he canadian, and he wasnt changed until after he was in the military and was in a special forces unit, and then they selected him for the project? And when he was in that unit the man that was to become Sabertooth was in that unit also? i briefly noticed you said alot of the actors in the film are from Hugh's native country, do you think that will pose a problem to make everyone canadian or are they changing Logans location? I love the Logan character and want so so so much for them to do it right....just wondering if you could clear that up....thanks

Guest FADoss

I'm sure as long as they do it in the vein of 70s action, they could make Wolverine gay and from France. Wouldn't want to make it a comic book film.

Fred

I'm sure as long as they do it in the vein of 70s action, they could make Wolverine gay and from France.

as long as Ennis says so!

Yeah, Lauren Shuler is getting her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

I like that.

She's a very dedicated woman that I feel has matched her director husband as a producer.

I also think she's wayyy too attractive for that old man.

-TL

Here's Taylor Kitsch's interview with Media Blvd Magazine, Kitsch plays Gambit in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

kitschbyq9.jpg

July 20, 2008...

MB: Did you get a chance to do anything else during your break since your last Friday Night Lights shoot?

TK: "Yeah, I went to Australia and did Wolverine. It’s kind of like X-Men 4. It’s the story of Wolverine and his origin."

MB: Who did you play in that?

TK: "I played a character called Gambit. He’s just another comic book character that has kinetic energy. It’s a fun role. You’ll have fun watching it."

MB: How familiar were you with Gambit before you got the part?

TK: "I knew of him, but I didn’t know the following he had, and I’m sure I’m still going to be exposed to that. I love the character, I love the powers, and I love what they did with him. I didn’t know that much, but in my experience, it was a blessing to go in and create my take on him. I’m excited for it, to say the least."

MB: Is it fun to play a superhero?

TK: "Absolutely! It’s a great ride. I had so much fun in Australia."

MB: Was it very different to do that, compared to the show?

TK: "I think anything I do is going to be different from Friday Night Lights because it is such a rarity. You take what you will from each gig. I’ve learned so much from Friday Night Lights, and from a guy like Hugh Jackman."

MB: Is there any common ground between Tim Riggins and Gambit?

TK: "I think so. Both have a lack of parenthood in their lives."

MB: How would you compare Friday Night Lights fans to X-Men fans?

TK: "I haven’t been bombarded yet, for the X-Men stuff. I’ve been told enough about them that I’m excited for it. I feel the project went incredibly well, and I’m excited to see the result. I’d say Hugh Jackman is a huge influence on my life, as a person and as an actor, and it was an amazing experience."

MB: How is he a huge influence on your life?

TK: "To be honest, it’s an aura that, in this business, I’ve never come across. He’s incredibly disciplined and free. There’s just something about him. You walk away and he hits you. He’s just this person that’s so grounded and so open that you question whether it’s real or not. I’ve met nobody like him. The way he welcomed me on set, it was just a huge influence."

MB: Would you like to do Broadway, like he has?

TK: "I can’t sing like Hugh, but I’d love to do theater, one day."

MB: Is playing such different characters something that’s important to you, as an actor?

TK: "Absolutely, it is! From the get go, you don’t want to get typecast. You don’t want to dig yourself into a hole where everyone is just throwing these same roles at you. Through the writing of Friday Night Lights, Gospel Hill and Wolverine, I’ve had such great opportunities. The biggest thing that I aim for is working with the best, like getting the opportunity to work with Angela Bassett, Liev Schreiber, Hugh Jackman and Kyle Chandler. All I want to do is just keep learning and growing, through the roles and the experiences with those other actors."

*Its good to hear Kitsch had a chance to work with Schreiber.

One of the things I really wanna see is Gambit's sinister connection with Sabretooth.

-TL

Guest FADoss

I'm all about Kitsch playing Gambit, but I find it funny that he can admit that he knew pretty much nothing about Gambit before being cast and that's okay...but I guess if you're going for Frank Castle you need to be an expert...

Fred