origin1950

WOLVERINE

Hey if the Iron Man movie's got a thread, the bezerker himself deserves one - now that he's got his own film!!! I've been going on and on about this thing in several different threads, so I'll try to isolate it here. Below is a cool unofficial teaser I got off a site, notice the geography (Australia)...

wolverineteaserch2.jpg

-TL

Guest AdminGuyX

It certainly has the chance to be a great film, Gavin Hood could really make or break his career with this one too. If that's who ends up directing anyway. As long as Ratner isn't allowed on set, we should be OK! :)

There's some major controversy surrounding David Benioff's latest project The Kite Runner.

The film's being pushed back due to threats being made to one of its young actors by the Afghan government, due to a rape scene that apparently depicts a "harmful" image of Afghanistan's society and culture. Now I must see that film. I was gonna watch it anyway, but its gotta be a brutally honest film to get this kinda rep before its release. More points for the Wolverine score board: controversial writer or badass writer? same shit.

"Wait a minute, we're gettin pushed back JUST cause I chopped that guy's entire head off? This is BULLSHIT! Get me another cigar. And a protein shake!"

hughjackmaniswolverineizr9.jpg

-TL

Good news and bad news for those lookin forward to X-Men Origins: Wolverine. The bad first.

Wolverine will hit theatres Midnight April 31st, 2009. Not in the Fall of 2008.

Now the good.

Liev Schreiber (The Manchurian Candidate, The Sum of All Fears) will be joining the cast. But as who???

lievschreiberap5.jpg

Its a smart move by Hugh Jackman to get a guy he's familiar with rather than some actor he's never met.

hughandlievwf8.jpg

There are rumors that Mutant 143/Jason Stryker will make an appearance as a child. They're not giving away the timeline, but its definetely 20+ years prior to X1 - Though in X1, Xavier states that Wolverine's been on alzheimer's for 15 years, not 20. I am HYPED.

WOLVERINE RETURNS SUMMER 2009

-TL

Cool article Noeland. The whole New Orleans deal in the bar will probably kick-ass, specially if he picks a fight - or simply fights for money. My favorite moments of X1 took place at the bar it Laughlin city.

KING OF THE CAGE

hughjackmaniswolverineims4.jpg

As for the multiple Sabretooth angle, NO WAY they'll put that in there - unless it's in a dream (like Wolverine Vol. II #12). Hugh already said that Japan is out, but will be a strong part of the story in a SECOND film - IF and only IF the first makes enough money. I know I'll put in my $8, some 7-10 times when it hits. I won't blame myself if the film is good but no-one went to see it.

-TL

Guest AdminGuyX

Yeah, the cage fight, the shotgun, all of those scenes in the bar, for me, were truly the comic book come to life, as was the house raid in X2 when he went berserker on the raiding party.

Hugh Jackman has become one of my favorite actors since X-men, and I honestly love that he's championed this character in film, and tried to stay true to who he is. Hugh doesn't seem to fear the fans either, and I love that he wants his choices to meet our expectations.

I think it's a safe bet Wolverine will make money, and if they actually do Japan in a sequel, I'll be first in line. That still stands up as my favorite wolverine story, though there have been some great ones over the years.

Njc--------------

The only thing that worries me about Japan, is continuity. Will it be post X3? Or pre Wolverine? Or in between Wolverine and X1?

What would I prefer? Post X3. He needs adamantium for Japan, in this one we're getting a look at the bone claws.

-TL

I don't want a watered down Wolverine, I don't want a whole, "Damn, I broke a nail" Wolverine. Wolverine doesn't give two shits about anyone to begin with. He needs to be harsh, in your face, I'll fuck you up, cut you up and take your God Damn beer, too. Slices, dices, killing, he needs to show he has no control. He's like a damn killer that has no off switch, ya know? Throwin' people across the room. Walkin' into a bar and walkin' out, 20 people cut up inside who decided to give him shit about something.

Show me this and you'll put me in the seat, guaran-fuckin-teed.

-JO

Watered down and Wolverine don't fit in the same sentence. Hugh Jackman has stated he's always pushing for more of the killing, but FOX wants to keep him in a PG-13 realm - so when the killing takes place, it can be high in quantity but low on gore. Then again, killing is killing. Even without it, his flms still work : X1 was kill-free. I actually liked that idea by Singer of teasing us with X1 and then setting him lose during the first act of X2. 11 bodies later, I was lovin it. For X3 there was a geographic element to the kills. A fuckin hunt so to speak. Put him in a forest and watch him do what he does best...

hughjackmaniswolverineimt2.jpg

From the bar in Alberta (X1) to the Invasion at the mansion (X2) to a North Eastern forest in the U.S. (X3) The possibilities are endless now that he's got more time to kill.

-TL

Alright, the mystery man (below) will NOT be playing Sabretooth. Good. He'll be playin his dad instead, a guy called Dog Logan.

Aaron Jeffery will carry claw marks on his face...

aaronjeffery2oe9.jpg

Oh, did I mention he's Wolverine's brother?

Also, to add to the Australian roster - Brendan Cowell (like Jeffery - I've never heard of these guys) is playin a mutant.

Who will he be???

brendancowellfr2.jpg

I'm more stoked on the intel of Dog Logan being in the film than the actual casting decisions. I've been wanting to see these characters in the big screen since I read Origin. Hopefully we'll get to see the classic battle between Wolverine and Sabretooth that takes place on Logan's birthday (Wolverine Vol. I #10). It'll be reminiscent of the snow fight in X1, but hopefully much longer and bloodier...

"Ya got me an ice cream cake Victor??? You know I'm lactose intolerant!!!" -Wolverine

hughjackmaniswolverineiio3.jpg

-TL

Dog Logan looks over the last of the Howletts...

dogloganuf2.jpg

I smell the battle royale of the century. And fortunately, Jeffery seems to be in Jackman approved shape.

aaronjefferyasdogloganmp6.jpg

-TL

Well thanks to Recoil, I went over to the SHH boards and came across the following shots. Shots to enforce the raw power of Hugh Jackman, in what I feel is the best upcoming comic book movie:

Late September 2007 (4 months before shooting begins)...

wolverinetrainingem2.jpg

wolverinetraining2sv5.jpg

wolverinetraining5eu9.jpg

wolverinetraining3fl2.jpg

jackmantrainingie9.jpg

wolverinetraining6dx3.jpg

wolverinetraining4yd0.jpg

220 lbs of solid Wolverine muscle.

To make the plot thicken, I really don't think Tyler Mane will be playing Vic. And that's a good thing. After Joe Dirt, I lost even more respect for the guy. The truth is he AIN'T BIG ENOUGH. With Jackman basically living in the gym, the man to portray Sabretooth must be a freak of nature (KEVIN NASH!!!). But who can they get? (KEVIN NASH!!!). Will they get another wrestler to play him? And if so, which one? (KEVIN NASH!!!). Well I guess we gotta keep wondering. The shot below really impresses me, I wonder who the big guy is...

kevinnashintnaimpact042oz4.jpg

In this pic (below), Dog Logan and Wolverine talk about possibly going into business together...

dogloganandwolverineeu4.jpg

-TL

I was right about my previous hunch on casting for Sabretooth, Tyler Mane WILL NOT be playing Sabretooth in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Its lookin good for Victor Creed's return.

[off topic] Godspeed Malibu and southern Cali,

-TL

Ok here's the BIG ONE. Apparently, Wolverine is goin all the way to the beginning. The origin story WILL show the tragedy of the Howletts and feature a 12 year old James Howlett (Logan).

I honestly though the script for this film was Weapon X only. I even expected the subtitle "Weapon X". This is why Gavin Hood expressed great interest in following the Wolverine story into Japan for a part II (If this one can do well). We are gonna see everything we wanted to. Thank God. Thank Hugh.

hughjackmaniswolverineihu9.jpg

-TL

HUMONGOUS FUCKIN NEWS!!! James Hudson a.k.a. The Guardian, will make his cinematic debut in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. The intel was leaked when the production announced "Hudson Farm" as one of the pivotal sets in the film. The question remains, will we see all the members of Alpha Flight??? For sure, we're seeing Heather McNeil Hudson a.k.a. Vindicator (James' other half which will probably be eying Wolverine). So far alotta cool characters are being revealed in this thing:

-TheGuardian

-The Vindicator

-Sabretooth (revision)

-Dog Logan (Aaron Jeffery)

-Major William Stryker

-Young James Logan/Howlett (Troye Sivan)

Who's gonna play the Guardian? My money's on an Australian. The whole crew is Australian. I smell another Mad Max "kinda" film. Specially since the storyline starts off in the 1880s and ends in the 1970s.

Hugh Jackman is James "Weapon X" Logan in X-Men Origins: Wolverine

hughjackmaniswolverineiqu0.jpg

Let's see what the body count is in 2009...

-TL

Here's what Gavin Hood had to say about the movie.

"What appeals to me about the Wolverine character of all the other characters is that my feeling that he's the one that suffers from the most existential angst," he began. "Since I'm a guy who loves emotional complexity, it seemed to me that… when I was first approached to do it, my first thought was, 'What? Me? Do this? What is that? I don't know enough about comic book characters.' And of course, I then did some further research and I realized that the character of Wolverine, I think his great appeal lies in the fact that he's someone who in some ways, is filled with a great deal of self-loathing by his own nature and he's constantly at war with his own nature. It seemed to me that really what it is, is that it's a little like great Greek mythology, which is something I've always been in love with where the Greek Gods threw thunderbolts and Poseidon conjured up storms, but those mythological stories were designed to examine emotional truths. It seems to me that the character of Wolverine epitomizes in a modern context, a kind of great mythical tradition of using larger-than-life characters in order to play with and examine human emotion at a sort of operatic level." (Holy Sh*t! Is that an awesome answer or what?)

And before his New Line handler grabbed the phone out of his hand and hung up on us, we got to squeeze out one more question about whether he might shoot in Japan, as one might expect from a Wolverine prequel, especially considering the director's globetrotting resume:

"No, sadly no. We're not going to Japan," he responded then mischievously added, "I think that will be in 'Wolverine 2' but I won't say any more than that."

Source: Superhero Hype

This gives me a great reason to look forward to it.

Hood is an extraordinary director. I hope I'm not the only one in this board to have seen Rendition. Its the best political drama in years. I've got my money on Hood, Benioff's script concept, and of course Hugh Jackman - which as a producer now, will protect Wolverine from vultures like those that are making Punisher: Warzone.

The money man is the man with the claws.

hughjackmaniswolverineipp2.jpg

-TL

years ago when Glenn Danzig was mentioned to play the role of Wolverine i was giddy. i still get that way to this day.

Guest FADoss
years ago when Glenn Danzig was mentioned to play the role of Wolverine i was giddy. i still get that way to this day.

Glen was perfect! We even got to see him act a bit in "Prophecy 2" (I believe).

MUTHA...tell yo children not to walk my way!!!

138 Signing out...

:P

Some October Wolverine training [tanning] shots:

wolverinetraining13xp8.jpg

wolverinetraining12hg6.jpg

wolverinetraining8bkf6.jpg

wolverinetraining11bsj1.jpg

wolverinetraining10bif0.jpg

wolverinetraining15eu3.jpg

Pre-pro has not yet begun on X-Men Origins: Wolverine, it is scheduled for late January. I don't think Sabretooth has been cast yet.

-TL