Sign in to follow this  
SonOfTheDark

A Perfect Getaway

I'm always looking forward to films written and/or directed by David Twohy and A Perfect Getaway definitely looks interesting. It's a thriller starring Chris Hemsworth, Milla Jovovich, Kiele Sanchez, Timothy Olyphant, Steve Zahn and Marley Shelton. Two pairs of lovers on a Hawaiian vacation discover that psychopaths are stalking and murdering tourists on the islands. It's scheduled to be released on August 12th, 2009, after advance screenings in the UK and on August 7th, 2009, in the US. Sadly for me there is no german release date yet...

Official site: http://www.iamrogue.com/aperfectgetaway/

First review (4 out of 5) from Eye for Film:

http://www.eyeforfilm.co.uk/reviews.php?id=8366

David Twohy doesn't make enough movies, I'll definitely be checking it out.

I saw this last night at a preview screening. I like the cast. Had no idea that was Chris Hemsworth from STAR TREK. He's great. Played poker with Kiele one night when I first came out to L.A. and she was super cool. Was excited to see her in a relatively high profile picture.

I HATED this movie. I don't want to spoil anything, but it really makes no sense, despite some good acting. I hated all of the talk about screenwriting in the picture too. I really hope this bombs. I'm actually surprised that this screenplay got financed. I would understand if it was 9-10 years ago. But I think we're over the appeal of this kind of flick.

I would love to see Timothy Olyphant in a good picture. It's been a while.

I would love to see Timothy Olyphant in a good picture. It's been a while.

Yeah, he doesn't seem to have the best luck when doing big screen stuff. He's got a new FX show coming soon that's supposed be based off of some Elmore Leonard story, so here's hoping that's good.

Shame, it looked like a nice bit of escapist fun. Worth a rental if not a night in the cinema?