Tim Bradstreet

RAW Studios at Long Beach Comicon!

Joyce, I'm sure RAW will land at a show near enough for you to visit. I know Thomas and Tim always like to share time with forum members. When they do, please make certain to let me know how it goes, since I usually only do shows near SoCal.

I can't ever see those 2 coming to Ohio but if they ever do I will really be excited. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No special announcements for RAW that I am aware of, but I just manage the booth for conventions. I'm sure Thomas and Tim are grinding away on something.

It was really cool to have special guests like Dean and Lance in our booth maybe we could see a collaboration at some point =)

There's always magic makin' happening in some way...........Lance Henriksen is a really nice & talented guy......I've only met him once, but he gave me his undivided attention. Hey, maybe he could join A Magnificent Death from a Shattered Hand and Dean Haglund could work on Bad Planet. B)

Check out the Podcast link from eat, Geek, Play at LBCC 2013. Tim Bradstreet, Scott Harben, and Lance Henriksen interviewed with host Kevin Knight together. I haven't heard it myself yet, since I am still at work, but the guys all said it was a lot of fun and turned out really well. Dean haglund and William Stout did an interview right before the trio, but I don't think it's included in this link.

http://www.eatgeekplay.com/?p=10219

Enjoy,

Mike

Ha! It's been too long, Tim. Even on facebook, it's been pretty quiet.

One things that's been bugging the heck out of me, I see a print for Escape From New York on the table, and I've seen another. Is the comic canned, or is it going to see the light of day? I was really hoping to see more Snake.

Ha! It's been too long, Tim. Even on facebook, it's been pretty quiet.

One things that's been bugging the heck out of me, I see a print for Escape From New York on the table, and I've seen another. Is the comic canned, or is it going to see the light of day? I was really hoping to see more Snake.

I don't know about Escape from New York, but Storm King Productions (Sandy King Carpenter) is doing a Big Trouble in Little China comic. I'll ask Tim about that print with Snake.

This year has been quiet for RAW in large part due to Tom having a very busy film schedule. We have been challenged to commit to shows this year, including San Diego. Fortuantely San Diego Comic Con is going to let A&E extend into our booth space this year, so we can get it back next year. Our booth has moved (I don't know where yet), but at least SDCC is probably going to give me a pass this year so I can check out the new location... I thought I wouldn't even be able to go to the show.

LBCE is the smaller of the two Long Beach showes, the other being LBCC. Raw hasn't attended LBCE yet, but we were going to this year until Tom had to cancel due to filming. We were going to do a 10x20 booth with a special guest, but with Tom canceling we decided to go for a 10x10 Tim Bradstreet booth. Clearly that made my life much easier with no setup to do :) So it was a very relaxing weekend.

Tim had some new prints, but the coolest thing he had was a new sketch book, produced by IDW. here's a llink to it:

http://shop.idwpublishing.com/art/sketchbooks/tim-bradstreet-the-sketchbook-series-vol-1.html

I could talk to Tim about the possibilities of getting books from Tim direct and signed, if someone wants, rather than IDW, but no promises :P

Tim did a panel at the show with EAT GEEK PLAY by friend Kevin Knight. Kevin is a true fan of Tim's work so he really does a great job of getting great stories and insight from Tim. It was the first panel of Tim's I have attended in forever, since I am usually at the booth. Fortunately most RAW panels have been after show hours, but this time I got to see just Tim. I even had a question for Tim I asked in the panel, since he told a story I had never heard him talk about. Kevin should be posting a podcast of the interview and I'll post a link when I find out about it.

I have to give a shout out to the Punisher's biggest fan Tony Adivari (he has a punisher skull painted on the hood of his black pickup) for watching the booth for me during the panel. Tony is between Tim and I in the image above.

Just before the panel with Tim we caught the tail end of a panel with Gerry Conway, hosted by Geoff Boucher. I have met Geoff several times, but my first experience was when he was Entertainment Editor at the LA times and he was hosting the first Hero's Complex, a film festival with some of the best genre films of all time with interviews between them. Tim and I went up for the last one that year and saw Blade Runner and Alien with Geoff interviewing Ridley Scott. That experience was completely surreal. After the second movie we were just hanging around and we ended up going to dinner with Geoff and other friends and I got to find out just how humble and cool he is. I spoke with Geoff and found out he had since left the LA Times and Entertainment Weekly and now has his own business. I talked to him about how my daugher lives in his area going to school and that she is looking for part time work. He may actually have some regular administrative work she could do for him :D I do recommend looking up Geoff Boucher Interview on YouTube, he has had some of the best interviews with the most amazing people.

That evening we were invited to dinner by the show runners Martha Donato and Mike "Scig" Scigliano. They are my favorite people to work with regarding all conventions. They are amazingly supportive and always want to work with RAW to get the most we can at every show. "Scig" and I are hoping to go big this September 27-28 for LBCC.

A strange surprise was when we checked into the hotel clerk actually remembered me from the year before. Wondering how she could possibly remember me, she reminded me that I gave her a pass to get into the show last year.

The best part of the show for me is that my daugher, Mikaela, just finished her first year at Long Beach State and was able to come to the show and dinner for Saturday and Sunday. She only lives a couple hours away from me, but I rarely get to see her since she works 2 part time jobs and goes to school. We really had a great time catching up and just chillin' in the booth together. She had fun going around the show and saying hello to people she has met through the years too. A sad, but not really bad thing for her, was that she just broke up with her boyfriend. Tim had some consoling words for her at dinner Sunday night, that really helped her mood.

Mike

Here are a few pics courtesy of Mike Hess. Hopefully we can get some info or video of Tim's pannel talk.

10313477_4289490370802_50793192112957844

I recognize that guy I think his name is Tim. Just kidding nice to see your doing well. ;)

Here are a few pics courtesy of Mike Hess. Hopefully we can get some info or video of Tim's pannel talk.

10313477_4289490370802_50793192112957844

1391744_4295363157618_554737157846592222

Great photos! Thanks for posting!

& thank you for sharing your experiences, Mike! I really enjoyed reading them. You've been our eyes & ears for RAW, and your updates are always appreciated.

It's nice to know you had a wonderful time with everyone. Plus, "Yay!" for your daughter getting a chance to enjoy the show, as well. Tim is the coolest, so it's no surprise that he knew how to cheer her up during her post-break-up. :)

Guest AdminGuyX

Enjoyed your stories about the show Mike. I always enjoy dinner with new people and there never seems like a shortage of little adventures to have to these shows.

Thanks, Noeland, I try. Yeah, dinner is always one of the best parts of the show!

I picked up Tim's IDW book when I saw it in Previews and wondered why it wasn't coming from Tim himself but didn't care. It's Bradstreet I must have IT! Great pics. Glad all is good with the Mr. Bradstreet.

Boston Comic Con says Tim will be in Boston. Is this still a go?

Checked out LBCC on Saturday, been going since first show in 2009 I believe. That's where we met Mr. Jane and took the photo in my avatar. I want to say they showed movies on Friday and Saturday and we sat behind him for The Mist. LBCC was about my favorite show behind San Diego as it always had a solid exhibition floor, guest list, programming, easy access and a ton of entertainment and dining options right across the street.

Sadly, it seems to have peaked and this year was kind of staid. I've gone as press before but this year bought a ticket and at $30 bucks, I'm not it was really worth it. Introduced myself to Mike at the RAW Studios booth after seeing him post here and attend shows for so many years. Chatted with William Stout who had another corner of the booth, he's always amiable. Last year met Lance Henriksen at the booth and picked up his book, super cool guy and a great read. I yearn for the days when Mssrs Jane and Bradstreeet had a lock on the show with screenings and panels but with TJ's busy shooting schedule, his absence over the last 2 years has been felt. There's just not as much going on, not sure if people are holding out for Comikaze, the newer but bigger show in downtown in late October.

Checked out LBCC on Saturday, been going since first show in 2009 I believe. That's where we met Mr. Jane and took the photo in my avatar. I want to say they showed movies on Friday and Saturday and we sat behind him for The Mist. LBCC was about my favorite show behind San Diego as it always had a solid exhibition floor, guest list, programming, easy access and a ton of entertainment and dining options right across the street.

Sadly, it seems to have peaked and this year was kind of staid. I've gone as press before but this year bought a ticket and at $30 bucks, I'm not it was really worth it. Introduced myself to Mike at the RAW Studios booth after seeing him post here and attend shows for so many years. Chatted with William Stout who had another corner of the booth, he's always amiable. Last year met Lance Henriksen at the booth and picked up his book, super cool guy and a great read. I yearn for the days when Mssrs Jane and Bradstreeet had a lock on the show with screenings and panels but with TJ's busy shooting schedule, his absence over the last 2 years has been felt. There's just not as much going on, not sure if people are holding out for Comikaze, the newer but bigger show in downtown in late October.

It's a shame that it's not what it quite used to be for you. I would think that watching The Mist with TJ would be a hard memory to top. I've met cool people & done cool things, but I've never done that. So cherish that moment fondly like it was yesterday. :)

I'm looking forward to the day RAW gets back into its usual unusual swing of things. Even if I'm not at a con with a RAW booth, I just want to know that there's one floating around somewhere making its circuits. Y'know?

I know its hard with everything going on but I know the fans love a good "Con" and im so gutted still I missed the London one but is it worth having a section for the "!Cons" specifically for all upcoming shows, photos etc so we can help promote and also plan enough damn time to make sure we can get there?