Tim Bradstreet

RAW Studios at Long Beach Comicon!

I'll be setting up on Friday and breaking down on Sunday. Unfortunately I have to work through the weekend and will only be around for Sunday... maybe....

Mike

Is RAW Studios planning anything cool for Long Beach Comic Con 2011?

We're not planning anything specific but to be there on-site and deal our insanity in person ;)

Hope some of you can join us!

Best - Tim

Guest AdminGuyX

Hope you guys have a great weekend, make lots of money, and meet many cool folks. Maybe next year I can be there to annoy you guys. :)

We're not planning anything specific but to be there on-site and deal our insanity in person ;)

Hope some of you can join us!

Best - Tim

Ummm, Tim what about this?

"... on Sunday ... a career retrospective by Tim Bradstreet, hosted by Thomas Jane and a writer’s panel with Steve Niles & Jimmy Palmiotti..."

http://www.firstcomicsnews.com/?p=34017

Say it's so! :D

Jen

Long Beach Comic-Con! Had gone the first year when Mr. Jane hosted a Black & White screening of The Mist after Give'em Hell, Malone wasn't cleared for public viewing. The Con itself was a bit small with little programming so there wasn't much to do until the night time festivities besides hit the local bars and restaurants and indulge in some adult beverages.

This year sadly did not contain a TJ hosted movie party but the show overall is growing and was quite fun. The floor had plenty of vendors selling comics and swag, there was a wrestling ring, laser tag and readings of horror stories. Decent amount of panels, gaming tournaments, a free masquerade ball, a coinciding zombie walk and a free concert. Half a dozen food trucks were lined up outside as well. Tons of cosplay, my favorite being a guy in a 70's leisure suit with a Boba Fett helmet on top. There was a decent amount of panels; checked out Robot Chicken, Shane Black (writer of Lethal Weapon and director of upcoming Iron Man III) and finally, Thomas Jane: A Career On the Edge, moderated by Tim Bradstreet.

I had no idea what to expect from this panel and neither did our hosts as they weren't even sure what the panel was called! Basically Mr. Jane spent an hour telling us how he got to Hollywood. And I gotta tell ya, it was awesome! Before the panel I was trying to explain to my lady friend that Thomas Jane is the weirdcoolest guy on the planet. What does that mean? It means a guy rolls in wearing the shirt of his own production/comic book company, not wearing shoes and proceeding to regale us with stories of dropping out of high school at 15, running away, getting stuck in Oklahoma City, dealing with homeless people, how acting changed his life, got him laid, took him to India, outsmarting cops and climbing the Hollywood ladder one rung at a time. Oh yeah, he stood on a chair for part of it too.

It was simply, very candid, informative, funny and a touch melancholy as The Jane shared with us his very personal and very unique journey. He didn't even scratch the surface of his career. There was a mention about I Melt With You coming out on VOD soon and that it's way too depressing for the mainstream. He gave away a big spoiler too but I won't hold it against him.

Mr. Bradstreet chimed in a few times but Mr. Jane really didn't need much prodding. There wasn't time for questions so not sure what the man is working on next or if he's going to be at the AFI screening of I Melt With You next week, etc.

I've attached a couple pics. Pardon the poor quality. Old camera in one hand. Crappy iPhone camera in the other...

302423_10150358709958687_505178686_8431332_1072732095_n.jpg

302192_10150358709978687_505178686_8431333_1073150888_n.jpg

ahh shoot i didn't get to the q&a part, dammit! sorry about that. i got carried away there, huh? i havent thought about or told that story in i cant remember, maybe never. i don't know how it got started, but i was touched at the applause and how much everyone seemed to enjoy the 'how i got to Hollywood' story, Jane-style.

thanks for your post, really cool recap and i take the weirdcool as a compliment, natch. not that i could change if i wanted too-- but most people drop the cool part and just go with 'weird.' can't be helped, i'm afraid!

ans THANKS for not revealing the superspoiler that i dropped like a bear in the woods. sometimes i forget tht the whole world hasnt seen the damn movie yet, especially in this time where everyone knows everything about everything. i guess that makes 'surprise' a hot commodity, huh?

so, i'm sorry for spoiling a bit of fun - but even if you know what you know about the film, it shouldn't change your experience of the film. well kinda. ok it totally will alter the way you watch the movie! BUT it won't change what you think about it after. after you see it. when it's all 'watched up.' yep.

btw, the rest of the Con was way cool. lots more hot chicks this year. great panels with shane black. and seth green.

kind of a laid back, fun show and i think i was 'nice' to every single person i talked to this year! a first! i'm sure it was a first!

no! it was not! i was 'a dick' to the guy who kept asking for my badge by the front door! he hates me! damn! damn damn damn.

btw, the rest of the Con was way cool. lots more hot chicks this year. great panels with shane black. and seth green.

kind of a laid back, fun show and i think i was 'nice' to every single person i talked to this year! a first! i'm sure it was a first!

no! it was not! i was 'a dick' to the guy who kept asking for my badge by the front door! he hates me! damn! damn damn damn.

Glad you had a nice time, Tom! :P

This is fun to read -- LBCC: 25 Years of Iconic Tim Bradstreet Illustration: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=35219

I was really disappointed to have work get in the way of the show. I was able to get everything set up with help of friends Chris Frobose and Brian McQuery Friday morning, but then I was off back to San Diego for 14 hours of straight work. I slept about 5 hours and got up to fix my car and go back to work until 5:00 Saturday evening.

I got up to the show just as they were closing and in time for Dinner with good friends: Brian McQuery, Scott Harben, Jim Daley, Billy King, Cat Staggs, and Amanda Diebert. After Dinner we met up with Tom and Tim for a good time and drinks.

I have to give a very special shout out to Brian McQuery for handling the booth all day on Saturday.

I was really disappointed to have so little time at the show. I did get my sketch book back from Cat Staggs, who did a REALLY impressive Captain America. I then passed my book on to Richard Friend, who plans on doing something old school DnD. Richard is also going to do a commission for Shattered Empire.

I did get to spend some quality time with Tom and Kristyn. I don’t get to see them often, so it’s always great o to catch up and share what’s been going on.

Sunday we were surprised by a visit from the gorgeous Bianca Bree and her lovely assistant Sara. They came by to talk shop with Tom. I got a chance to talk to Sara about her work and ambitions. She has a degree in animation from the UK and is a big time comic geek. I have to say they were both very sweet and it was a pleasure to meet them.

We closed the show with dinner at Famous Dave’s with Tim, Jim, Billy, Frobose, Jimmy Palmiotti, and Amanda Conner. It was great fun and we had a hard time splitting ways and heading out from there.

Mike

great to see you, as always, Mike! and a special shout out to Brian, who helped me out all day Saturday. LBCC is turning out to be one of my faves, because you guys rock!

Thanks, Tom! I had a blast with you guys Friday and Saturday night. And I'm glad that Kristyn is okay.

It's always great to have the chance to hang out with Tim, Tom, Mike, Chris and Jim. And this weekend I met Scott Harben and Billy King, both great guys.

I've never had the opportunity to really hang out with Jimmy Palmiotti either. That guy is a riot!

I hope Tim and Tom had a successful show, because I know they had fun.

ahh shoot i didn't get to the q&a part, dammit! sorry about that. i got carried away there, huh? i havent thought about or told that story in i cant remember, maybe never. i don't know how it got started, but i was touched at the applause and how much everyone seemed to enjoy the 'how i got to Hollywood' story, Jane-style.

thanks for your post, really cool recap and i take the weirdcool as a compliment, natch. not that i could change if i wanted too-- but most people drop the cool part and just go with 'weird.' can't be helped, i'm afraid!

ans THANKS for not revealing the superspoiler that i dropped like a bear in the woods. sometimes i forget tht the whole world hasnt seen the damn movie yet, especially in this time where everyone knows everything about everything. i guess that makes 'surprise' a hot commodity, huh?

so, i'm sorry for spoiling a bit of fun - but even if you know what you know about the film, it shouldn't change your experience of the film. well kinda. ok it totally will alter the way you watch the movie! BUT it won't change what you think about it after. after you see it. when it's all 'watched up.' yep.

It was definitely a cool experience. Went to the Comikaze expo today in downtown Los Angeles and after a packed panel with more than a few well known actors fizzled out in a mist of unorganized and uninteresting smoke, I said to my friend, that was no Thomas Jane panel!

To make up for the lack of Q&A, how about a podcast on the RAW front page where you reflect on roles you've played?! Would definitely be cooler than listening to some movie/pop culture "critic" that's never worked in the business...

I hope you stay a fixture at the Long Beach Con as it continues to grow and can spread weirdcool-ness into the universe. We're running out of unique personalities in the world it seems, especially Hollywood!

Alright, almost time for Long Beach Comic-Con! This is probably my favorite show outside of Comic-Con. It's just a nice and relaxing show with plenty of entertainment value. It's located in the heart of the Long Beach Pike so you can get away from the show for food,drinks, a movie or some quiet time by the water.

Looks like RAW has a nice space on the floor which also includes lazer tag and roller derby haha!

Mr. Jane and Bradstreet will be showing Dirty Laundry and doing some Q&A says the program.

http://www.longbeachcomiccon.com/index.php

I read on the internet that Thomas had to cancel going because of his filming schedule is that true?

Thomas regretfully did have to cancel due to a filming schedule conflict. Tim and I headed up to make certain RAW's presence was still recognized at LBCC no matter what. We ended up having an incredible time and a great show in large part due to our special guests. Lance Henriksen and his Biographer Joe Maddrey came for the second year in a row. Joe had to leave early as he is having a baby in the next few weeks (well his wife is), but Lance didn't miss a bit of the show. RAW collaborator and artist favorite Bill Stout also returned this year for Saturday. Another long time friend and RAW collaborator Scott Harben joined us along with newcomer to our crew, Dean Haglund, Comedian, Actor and Conspiracy Theorist of Lone Gunmen/X-Files fame.

Saturday night was topped off with another amazing dinner provided by Stormking productions, Sandy King Carpenter, with several fantastic people, including old friends Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner.

The show was SO MUCH FUN for all of us. We all got along like family with an odd mix of tremendous talent. We had some RAW SupreBooth events, including an hour long ad hoc panel that packed the room and webcasts with Comic Vine and Eat, Geek, Play.

This was the show to go to if you wanted a chance to get to chill out and get to know several RAW friends. We certainly intend to do something similar next year and are looking to do something with LBCC Expo, May 31 - June 1. Hopefully Thomas will be freed up for that show =)

Mike

Thomas regretfully did have to cancel due to a filming schedule conflict. Tim and I headed up to make certain RAW's presence was still recognized at LBCC no matter what. We ended up having an incredible time and a great show in large part due to our special guests. Lance Henriksen and his Biographer Joe Maddrey came for the second year in a row. Joe had to leave early as he is having a baby in the next few weeks (well his wife is), but Lance didn't miss a bit of the show. RAW collaborator and artist favorite Bill Stout also returned this year for Saturday. Another long time friend and RAW collaborator Scott Harben joined us along with newcomer to our crew, Dean Haglund, Comedian, Actor and Conspiracy Theorist of Lone Gunmen/X-Files fame.

Saturday night was topped off with another amazing dinner provided by Stormking productions, Sandy King Carpenter, with several fantastic people, including old friends Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner.

The show was SO MUCH FUN for all of us. We all got along like family with an odd mix of tremendous talent. We had some RAW SupreBooth events, including an hour long ad hoc panel that packed the room and webcasts with Comic Vine and Eat, Geek, Play.

This was the show to go to if you wanted a chance to get to chill out and get to know several RAW friends. We certainly intend to do something similar next year and are looking to do something with LBCC Expo, May 31 - June 1. Hopefully Thomas will be freed up for that show =)

Mike

That's a shame that Tom was busy...Well, it's good that Tom was busy working, but still...Too bad he couldn't attend. I'm glad you all had a great time, though and represented us proudly.

Dean Haglund is a part of your crew? That's super cool! :D You'll have to invite him on here to join the RAW playground sometime.

Were there any special RAW announcements &/or updates made that we should know about?

No special announcements for RAW that I am aware of, but I just manage the booth for conventions. I'm sure Thomas and Tim are grinding away on something.

It was really cool to have special guests like Dean and Lance in our booth maybe we could see a collaboration at some point =)

Mike

Sounds like you guys had an excellent time. Wish I lived a little closer so I could go to one. But sadly I live to far away. Thats why I like it here on Raw. Because I can see what goes on at the comic cons. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Joyce, I'm sure RAW will land at a show near enough for you to visit. I know Thomas and Tim always like to share time with forum members. When they do, please make certain to let me know how it goes, since I usually only do shows near SoCal.