Tim Bradstreet

RAW Studios at Long Beach Comicon!

This just in from Give 'Em Hell Malone Facebook profile:

Mark Hosack sent a message to the members of Give 'Em Hell Malone.

--------------------

Subject: LONG BEACH "MALONE" SCREENING CANCELLED

Unfortunately, we can't screen "Malone" at the Long Beach Comic-Con this

weekend. A big "Sorry" to anyone who was planning on catching it. We're all

bummed we can't screen it there, but, ultimately, it's for a good reason.

More soon...

Guest AdminGuyX

Yeah, I had to cancel at pretty much the very last second. :(

I won't get into all the reasons, but there was a handful of reasons I just had to stay home. Some of them were immediate and needed to be taken care of today (roofers fixing a big hole in the roof), and other will need my ongoing attention over the next few days to make sure things will be OK (a sick pooch needing the vet who should not be left alone for long periods of time). And yet others had to do with finances and making sure that my family is covered financially. Bottom line, just didn't feel like the right thing to do to jet off to California and leave everything and go spend a pile of money. The pile of money, intended for Californ eye A is now needed here I'm afraid.

Mike, I was really looking forward to meeting you too man!! I hope there will be more opportunities!

I did have plans for lots of video coverage, and facebook updates. Really sorry I can't do it too. But, maybe in the future.

My other option for the weekend was Pittsburgh and the 24hour comic day, but even that is a wash.

I was kind of surprised to see the cancellation for Malone, and I'm VERY intrigued about what the good reason is!

And the shirts!! YEAH. I think everyone will dig the shirts. That reminds me I owe Heather an email.

Njc---------

Yeah, I had to cancel at pretty much the very last second. :(

I won't get into all the reasons, but there was a handful of reasons I just had to stay home. Some of them were immediate and needed to be taken care of today (roofers fixing a big hole in the roof), and other will need my ongoing attention over the next few days to make sure things will be OK (a sick pooch needing the vet who should not be left alone for long periods of time). And yet others had to do with finances and making sure that my family is covered financially. Bottom line, just didn't feel like the right thing to do to jet off to California and leave everything and go spend a pile of money. The pile of money, intended for Californ eye A is now needed here I'm afraid.

Njc---------

I love a man who can keep his priorities straight. I love you Noeland!!! In a sisterly kind of way. :D

Guest AdminGuyX

Aw, thanks! :)

I wish I always had my priorities straight like this, but you know how that goes . . .

I guess we'll just have to rely on Tim, Mike, and maybe even Thomas to get us some reports on the Long Beach show!

I hope you guys have a great weekend. Tell Mark to tip a Guinness for me.

Long Beach Comic Con was great. It was small...but it was nice to not have to be elbow to elbow in all the isles. :P A HUGE thank you to Tim and Thomas both...You guys were so nice to me and I really appreciate it. I'll post the pics from Fri/Sat ASAP. I wish you all the best and hope to catch ya'll at another show sometime soon.

*HUGS*

Chanel

This past weekend Tommy J screened his new film, Dark Country (his directorial debut) to a packed house at the Long Beach Comicon.

The event marked the first time Dark Country was screened to the public in 3D.

It was like a Friday night at the Drive-In and a rousing success due in large part to a fantastic audience.

Big congratulations to Tom!

After the screening our gang passed out free cast and crew T's to the crowd and there was a Q&A with Tom, Ray (3D) Zone, and myself.

Here's a review on Geek Tyrant that was posted by one of those lucky audience members (Venkman).

Lots of friends and other internet movie sites picked this up and helped spread the word - Thanks to them

Caution: Minor Spoilers in the review.

Giant thanks to the Stereo Club Of Southern California and to Ray and Eric for making the 3D screening possible.

Also - Mondo thanks to Mike Scigliano and the Long Beach Comicon for accommodating and supporting us.

Dark Country will be released on DVD October 6th.

BIG GIANT thanks to Noeland who hooked us up with a grip of BADASS T-Shirts for the shindig.

We'll have those suckers available real soon through our new online store.

GREAT weekend. Great hosts. Great friends, and we missed you greatly Noeland.

Bummer that Hannibal cancelled the Give 'Em Hell Malone screening - I got one word . . . Bullshit ;)

THANKS to Mark (private dick) Hosack for showing up and hanging out with us anyway ;)

In lieu of the Malone screening, we arranged a high def screening of Frank Darabont's THE MIST in glorious black and white.

Another great crowd, many who had never seen it, let alone seeing it in black and white.

It was amazing to watch the crowd witness the film and that ending . . . They sure looked at Jane differently when the lights came up.

There was a new level of respect for sure.

I cannot sufficiently articulate how incredible the monotone version of that film is.

Big Giant thanks to Jim Daly, Mike Hess, Chris Frobose, Kristyn, and Anthony, for assisting Tom and I.

Special thanks to Brian McQuery.

We should be seeing some pics soon. Can anyone grab some stuff off of Flicker and post?

Hope to see more of our forum members next year.

xo - TB

Sounds like a great time, Tim. Man, what a lucky bunch of people who were there this weekend. Wish I could have been there. Congrats!

Can't wait to see those shirts! Gotta have one!

I'm glad it was all a success. I wish I could've been there. Watching Dark Country the way it was intended would have been sweet. At least I have the DVD release to look forward to.

This past weekend Tommy J screened his new film, Dark Country (his directorial debut) to a packed house at the Long Beach Comicon.

We should be seeing some pics soon. Can anyone grab some stuff off of Flicker and post?

xo - TB

Hey Tim -

Here are the links to some pix that peeps posted at Flickr.com for the Long Beach Comic Con:

Tom at mic:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brianlau/3980370303/

Back of Tom's head:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brianlau/3980...57622389943857/

Tossing t-shirts to the throng:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brianlau/3980...57622389943857/

Tom 'n' Tim in front of the teeming masses:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brianlau/3981...57622389943857/

Tom next to a mohawk kid:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bron444sol/3979110116/

Tom at the RAW Booth. Wait, what's Bloom County doing behind him?:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/popculturegeek/3975593117/

Tom behind a window above the thronging masses:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/popculturegeek/3976355030/

Jen

Couldn't make the Dark Country screening so roped in friends for Saturday's Give'em Hell, Malone. The Con was full but not uncomfortable. I'm happy Long Beach is hosting a Con again, after this years turnout, hopefully they can add some programming next year as there wasn't much to keep you there all day. But the exhibitors could sell their wares and patrons wouldn't have problems searching for missing issues or killer swag. Saw Mr. Jane around the Con a couple times, at the RAW booth and outside. In a RAW shirt, stogie in hand and barefoot. The attire of awesome. Got to the screening room with no idea that Malone had been canceled. We asked Mr. Jane for a photo which he graciously obliged. The Mist in B/W is indefinitely better than in color. Was also very surprised that Mr. Jane sat in the row in front of us watching the movie like everyone else, not checking his IPhone every ten seconds or that he didn't sneak out and come back after. He and his crew were hosting a party next door but we had to cut out to meet some friends. Should have stayed for the RAW party! Can't figure out how to post a picture without linking to a site so the photo is in my signature. Thomas Jane has been one of my favorite actors with Deep Blue Sea, Stander, The Punisher, Kill Shot, even his small role in Boogie Nights. I appreciate him as a person and artist even more so now because he just seemed like a cool frigging dude.

Awesome - thanks for the first-hand account of the goings-on at the Long Beach Comic Con! :D

Jen

PS For posting images, you have to have the image hosted at a site like Photobucket 1st, and then use the "Insert Image" function here to add an image. It took me a while to get the hang of that... :lol:

Couldn't make the Dark Country screening so roped in friends for Saturday's Give'em Hell, Malone. The Con was full but not uncomfortable. I'm happy Long Beach is hosting a Con again, after this years turnout, hopefully they can add some programming next year as there wasn't much to keep you there all day. But the exhibitors could sell their wares and patrons wouldn't have problems searching for missing issues or killer swag. Saw Mr. Jane around the Con a couple times, at the RAW booth and outside. In a RAW shirt, stogie in hand and barefoot. The attire of awesome. Got to the screening room with no idea that Malone had been canceled. We asked Mr. Jane for a photo which he graciously obliged. The Mist in B/W is indefinitely better than in color. Was also very surprised that Mr. Jane sat in the row in front of us watching the movie like everyone else, not checking his IPhone every ten seconds or that he didn't sneak out and come back after. He and his crew were hosting a party next door but we had to cut out to meet some friends. Should have stayed for the RAW party! Can't figure out how to post a picture without linking to a site so the photo is in my signature. Thomas Jane has been one of my favorite actors with Deep Blue Sea, Stander, The Punisher, Kill Shot, even his small role in Boogie Nights. I appreciate him as a person and artist even more so now because he just seemed like a cool frigging dude.

Thanks so much for coming!!!

Glad you weren't too awfully disappointed that we couldn't screen Malone as planned.

We were very disappointed but I think we rallied by offering The Mist in glorious high def black and white!

We certainly weren't going to leave fans hanging with nothing to offer if we could help it!

We recruited a friend to grab his blue ray player and Tom bought a copy of The Mist at a nearby Borders so we could entertain Saturday evening as planned. Obviously The Mist is a film Tom is very proud of, and rightly so. Gutty of him to stick to the end after that performance. Hope you got some free shirts!

As for images, send them to me at tim@timbradstreet.com and I can post them for you.

Cheers and thanks for coming.

- TB

Also - I want to add that Tom went out of his own pocket to treat fans to free and very cheap T-Shirts.

The freebie cast and crew shirts were NOT supplied by Sony (as they should have been).

He's not Bruce Willis, he doesn't really have the money to throw around, trust me ;)

Says a lot about TJ that he'd do that for the people who help support us.

Here's a little overview of the Dark Country and The Mist events that took place at Long Beach, in an article titled 'Thomas Jane Brings Comic-Con Into Three Dimensions':

http://www.lbpost.com/ryan/6783#

Jen

That's a great little article, thanks for posting Jen!

And thanks to Ryan ZumMallen and journalist Mark Nero at the Long Beach Post for the great coverage.

- tb

I just have to add this pic of TJ, barefoot and strumming guitar, at Long Beach Comic Con. As they say, a picture's worth a thousand words or therabouts:

3985764949_c6c89a63ba.jpg

Jen

Here's another article that talks about the LBCC, and at the end there are a couple quotes from Tom:

"The movie, “Dark Country,” played in 3D.

“It was a fantastic screening!” Jane said."

http://www.daily49er.com/diversions/comic-...ach-1.1941183#4

Jen

Thanks so much for coming!!!

Glad you weren't too awfully disappointed that we couldn't screen Malone as planned.

We were very disappointed but I think we rallied by offering The Mist in glorious high def black and white!

We certainly weren't going to leave fans hanging with nothing to offer if we could help it!

We recruited a friend to grab his blue ray player and Tom bought a copy of The Mist at a nearby Borders so we could entertain Saturday evening as planned. Obviously The Mist is a film Tom is very proud of, and rightly so. Gutty of him to stick to the end after that performance. Hope you got some free shirts!

As for images, send them to me at tim@timbradstreet.com and I can post them for you.

Cheers and thanks for coming.

- TB

Thanks for the response, Mr. Bradstreet. Friends and I had a great time with or without Malone. Picked up some shirts right before the screening, the Raw/Bad Planet shirts are sweet. And got a few of the RAW logo tees from the screening. Will send you the pic to post.

Cool!

And now some pics -

First - Viendammage and his pals with Jane at The Mist screening.

LongBeach.jpg

These shots were taken by Buddy Scolera!

Jeph Loeb and Stan The Man Lee after officially opening the show.

3985131735_1a539b3973_o.jpg

My great buddy-pal and all around awesome dude, Darick Robertson.

3985180907_35f8d63591_b.jpg

Crowd at the premiere screening of Dark Country.

3985183159_b2e14b617f_o.jpg

TJ introducing his film.

3985184539_ab99a40732_o.jpg

Another shot of our awesome crowd - Dig the over and under projectors!

3985185135_0973a8f493_o.jpg

RAW brother and sister in arms, Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner lend their support.

I'm staked out behind (where I like it), next to Amanda is top colorist Paul Mounts!

3985186003_815efe08db_o.jpg

Jane and Ray 3D Zone getting ready to toss out some free schwag.

3985938748_4521ba4da4_o.jpg

Uploading some of my shots next.

- TB

Some snaps I took from Long Beach.

After loading in, the before picture.

Rawboothbefore.jpg

After Hess and I kicked it in the ass.

rawboothafter1.jpg

Another booth shot.

IMG_3436.jpg

The Indomitable Mike Hess, RAW Convention Coordinator and Head Foreman.

IMG_3433.jpg

Jim Daly mans the booth while Hess and Anthony P unpack our brand new shirts (courtesy of Noeland!)

IMG_3437.jpg

Some shots of our fine crowd.

People were still filing into the room here -

IMG_3444.jpg

IMG_3441.jpg

Ray and TJ doin' there thing.

IMG_3443.jpg

more next

- tb

After the screening we had some dinner. . .

From left to right - Jane, Jim Daly, Anthony Perullo (our pal and a regular on the hit show, Rescue Me), and the super-awesome Richmond Arquette.

IMG_3447.jpg

TJ and JD3.

IMG_3450.jpg

Our assistant, our brain, RAW's Ninja Assassin herself, Kristyn. No ogling, no lude comments or I break your legs.

KristynC.jpg

Mark Walters and Tom's brother Chris. Chris loved getting paid by HBO to portray the young Ray Drecker. Got to wear a lame 80's wig too!

walterschris.jpg

- tb

Awesome pics, Tim. Looks like a great time was had by all. Nice to see all the family support there too, with both TJ and PA's bros in the house. Love Richmond! He was wicked funny in The Tripper. And I had NO IDEA that TJ's bro was the one who played the young RAY in Hung. I thought it was TJ with a wig and makeup, they look so much alike. Brilliant casting!!!

And I had NO IDEA that TJ's bro was the one who played the young RAY in Hung. I thought it was TJ with a wig and makeup, they look so much alike. Brilliant casting!!!

I think both Tom AND Chris were used for pics like old photos of Ray hanging in the school's trophy cases, around Ray's house, and what not.

If ya blink, ya miss Chris ;)

Richmond is AWEsome.

Chris is insane (in a good way), it must run in the family, heheh.

- tb