Sign in to follow this  
ReCoil

Ryan Reynolds soon to be the Green Lantern

Budget was quoted at 200 million but an additional 300 was spent on promotions and advertising... that's what i hear. I mean Tron 2 had a budget over 200 as well.

What’s bad is that even movies that are shot in 3D aren’t too impressive, such as Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. I was very disappointed in this one; it looked like it was converted. Plus, the storyline in it is pretty dull. For me, the whole movie sank (couldn't resist).

Since the price is so high for 3D tickets, I’ll see a 2D movie if it’s available. When I went and saw The Green Hornet, I had to see it in 3D. Surprisingly, the Special FX were excellent. Even better than Pirates 4. I always feel that if a theater doesn’t offer an alternative to 3D, then there shouldn’t be any extra fees.

3D movies have the potential of being worth the ticket price, if only they actually fully utilized 3D.

One of the reasons I don’t want to see Green Lantern is the excessive use of CGI in it. Some is acceptable, but why does the suit have to be CGI?

Just got back from seeing this. I know nothing of Green Lantern as a comic book other than its a group of space police that get powers from a ring. So, knowing nothing of the book or the characters, I though the movie was pretty good. All the Cg stuff was pretty well done. In some parts it was amazing. The mask could have went. Close-ups, it just looked rediculous. Story-wise, it was pretty standard stuff. Really, it was the effects that sold this film.

With Ryan, there was a comedic element, but no worse than Iron Man. Thinking about it on the drive home, this was the DC version of Iron Man, only with green instead of red and gold, and aliens. I kind of wish there was more interaction with the aliens. That was some of the best stuff. The suit did not look CG all the time, which was good. In the end, I liked it better than Thor, but it suffered from the same thing as Thor, not enough of the stuff that made the film work, which also happened to be the stuff that could have made the film horrible.

Also, if you go see it, there is a bit after the first set of credits. Pretty predictable, but it's a summer movie. Not bad, but not anything I'm going to remember next year.

Just got back from seeing this. I know nothing of Green Lantern as a comic book other than its a group of space police that get powers from a ring. So, knowing nothing of the book or the characters, I though the movie was pretty good. All the Cg stuff was pretty well done. In some parts it was amazing. The mask could have went. Close-ups, it just looked rediculous. Story-wise, it was pretty standard stuff. Really, it was the effects that sold this film.

With Ryan, there was a comedic element, but no worse than Iron Man. Thinking about it on the drive home, this was the DC version of Iron Man, only with green instead of red and gold, and aliens. I kind of wish there was more interaction with the aliens. That was some of the best stuff. The suit did not look CG all the time, which was good. In the end, I liked it better than Thor, but it suffered from the same thing as Thor, not enough of the stuff that made the film work, which also happened to be the stuff that could have made the film horrible.

Also, if you go see it, there is a bit after the first set of credits. Pretty predictable, but it's a summer movie. Not bad, but not anything I'm going to remember next year.

Reading this mini review, I might go see it. I never read any of the comics either, so at least the fan in me won't be annoyed by certain things. I'll make sure to go on cheap night just in case.