Sign in to follow this  
Jarlath

Movies & Reviewing

So, anybody in the Detroit area, June 23rd, (saturday) at 6pm, come on out and see my film, NUTSHELL, it will be premiering at the Detroit Windsor International Film Festival...Come on!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1553518405304.73666.1455491260&type=3#!/photo.php?fbid=3195341969867&set=a.1553518405304.73666.1455491260&type=3&theater

http://www.dwiff.org/

I finally saw SKYFALL last week. This is my favorite of Craig's and it all comes down to Javiar Bardem and the last 45 minutes of the film. The fist 2/3 of the film was pretty much what I expected of the film, but the third act is top notch. They really kicked it up here. To me it felt like a mix of Get Carter and Straw Dogs with Bond in the mix.

Bardem was pretty good as the villian. There were times that it seemed like they were going to play him pretty obvious, but he really took that character and made him pop. I liked the tourtured sadness he brought to him.

By the end of the film, I was left wondering if they were going to try and pull the new Bond into the traditional Bond-verse. Some of the more traditional characters are introduced. Gadgets are kept to a minimum, but Q is introduced in this film. I hope they keep it stripped down, I'm liking the rough and tumble Bond more than the ultra suave Bond,

ATTENTION: DROP WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING (unless you're holding a child, then gently put the kid down) AND RUN TO YOUR NEAREST THEATER TO SEE ANCHORMAN 2: THE LEGEND CONTINUES!!!

I watched it yesterday and can't stop thinking about it. It's the most incredible, ridiculous, funtastic (that's right...FUNtastic), hilarious movie you'll see all year. In fact, it's the funniest movie I've seen in years. I don't want to give away any spoilers....Let's just say that if you loved the first one, you're gonna LOVE LOVE this sequel.

Okay...Let's say a little more.... Nonstop laughter....Jaw-drop shock cameos.....Action-packed sequences.....Interesting plot points......Satire.....This movie will make you experience so many emotions and sometimes all of 'em at once...

Whether laughing at the line or the delivery of a line or just the expression on the face of the person saying the line, I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard.

Ron Burgundy, Brick Tamland (he's my fave), Brian Fantana, & Champ Kind bring it. They just do. B)

And if you choose to see this movie, stay 'til after the credits....It's worth it. :lol:

That is probably the best review for any movie of all time!

Definitely plan to see it and might even buy a Dodge because of it! LOL

That is probably the best review for any movie of all time!

Definitely plan to see it and might even buy a Dodge because of it! LOL

:wub: Thanks! I feel pretty passionate about it. Hope you enjoy the movie!

That must be because Ron makes Dodge look so classy. ;)

Just started a regular column where I round up all the big trailers of the week and add witty* commentary about them. This week it's Expendables 3, 22 Jump St, Interstellar and more: http://www.krank.ie/category/entertainment/trailer-roundup-22-jump-st-interstellar-expendables-3/

*not a promise

Terrific! But will you promise to continuously share your columns on here, so I don't have to hunt down every trailer by myself?

Do you have to be a member of that site in order to add comments?

Just started a regular column where I round up all the big trailers of the week and add witty* commentary about them. This week it's Expendables 3, 22 Jump St, Interstellar and more: http://www.krank.ie/category/entertainment/trailer-roundup-22-jump-st-interstellar-expendables-3/

*not a promise

Nice! Thanks for posting your reviews here! It's good to know more about the 2nd Jump Street movie. I hadn't looked into it before now. Funny commentary about that Planet of the Apes movie and James Franco!

Jen