Sign in to follow this  
SonOfTheDark

The Vultures of Whapeton

Well, TJ posted this in the Mutant Chronicles thread and I thought I open a new thread for it:

FYI Simon and I are hard at work on an film adaptation of a Robert E. Howard novella, VULTURES. it's a Western. T

TJ in a Western... that's long overdue and I'm already sold :)

By the way, you can find the story here:

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Vultures_of_Whapeton

Paradox is also in various stages of development on film adaptations of other Howard-created properties. Vultures is based on Howard's 1936 western story The Vultures of Whapeton, and was adapted by screenwriter Michael Tabb (The Black Knight, The Uncatchable Cowgirl Bandits of Nottingham, Texas).

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/105/1050615p1.html

Hope we can update this further soon.

Also on the backburner but definitely not forgotten is another Howard western that I've been discussing with Malmberg and Andrew McKenzie.

Can't say more yet as the whole thing is in the throws of it's infancy but if Andrew succeeds in making Sweetwater the film we think he can make it then the chances of us re-teaming on this Howard story are going to be rekindled in the best possible way. The good news is that no one is breaking down Paradox's door to get at the material we want . . . more like a situation where I reread a great story thinking Andrew would be perfect to adapt. I brought it up to Fred Malmberg who not surprisingly (cause he's cool and smart), agreed that in the right hands the story would make a great film.

It's lesser known among Howard's works but nonetheless is an amazing story that with an extra dose of grit could become a seriously badass film adaptation.

Hope to update on all of this soon.

- TB

Any news on this?