Sign in to follow this  
Murphy

Indiana Jones 5

I don't know how many people were jonesing for another Indy after the blight on my memories that was the Crystal Crud, but it looks like another one has been rolled into production for better or worse (well, could it be worse than Indy 4?)

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=25095

Worrying that Shia Lebeouf is involved, personally I thought his character was a bit rubbish (ah, if only they have gone with the original idea of Natalie Portman as Indy's daughter, it could have been so much better)

I think I may be the only person on this board who enjoyed 4. It wasn't perfect, but it was fun.

It was a piss poor Indiana Jones movie, it led to the term "nuke the fridge" being coined.

I think I may be the only person on this board who enjoyed 4. It wasn't perfect, but it was fun.

AHEM!

I think if they stick to biblical stories it would be better. It works for Indy.

I think if they stick to biblical stories it would be better. It works for Indy.

I'm with you there. Also, I think part 4 became more of the cast and crew having fun on the set than getting a great Indy pic made. Parts of it were good, parts just God aweful, but I'm hoping it's out of their system now.

I don't think that they'll fuck anything up this time around. Once the ball gets rolling, ideas start popping up and I'm sure that Spielberg is confident enough on his idea. He doesn't fuck up much.

I'm with you there. Also, I think part 4 became more of the cast and crew having fun on the set than getting a great Indy pic made. Parts of it were good, parts just God aweful, but I'm hoping it's out of their system now.

Some parts we fun true. Most, but not all movies, have good portions.

The stupid ones however outdid the good.

The 5 mile long area 51 hangar...

The 4 mile toss of a refrigerator from a nuke with just a stagger on exit...

The miraculous perfect Tarzaning across the jungle onto a vehicle...

The X-Files wannabe ending...

Take those all out and the movie would have been sooo much better....

The movie did however make me want to go out and buy some Crystal Head Vodka just for the bottle...

I enjoyed watching them have fun and had fun with them.

And Jarlath, are you referring to the SAME hangar from the end of Lost Ark? You do realize it was supposed to be the same huge building right? That's sheer Indy canon!

There were a lot of cheesy parts, but again, it was just fun for me to watch. Glad to see Raffi is there with me!

I don't think that they'll fuck anything up this time around. Once the ball gets rolling, ideas start popping up and I'm sure that Spielberg is confident enough on his idea. He doesn't fuck up much.

But you see it's not just Spielberg, there's George Lucas to contend with. I mean Spielberg and Ford were all ready to go with Darabont's pretty great Indy script, but Lucas vetoed it and we got stuck with what was on screen.

And Jarlath, are you referring to the SAME hangar from the end of Lost Ark? You do realize it was supposed to be the same huge building right? That's sheer Indy canon!

There were a lot of cheesy parts, but again, it was just fun for me to watch. Glad to see Raffi is there with me!

The big difference is that they were not driving at 40mph for 10 minutes in the Lost Ark. It was just the burn the symbol in a huge warehouse.

If I wanted the cheesy/campy style of movie I'd watch more of Brendan Fraser's Mummy and it's offshoots. At least they have ALWAYS been cheesy and campy with the silliness and lack of realism.

Recall that the original Indy's had zero CG and actually told a good story.

I did enjoy the movie, I just feel it was the worst of the Indy's and nowhere near the type of quality storytelling that could have been.

It felt as poorly written & executed as the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (which I also thought was entertaining, but not a good movie).

I guess that makes me, you and Raffi the 3 stooges, cause I enjoyed IJ4. yeah, not perfect, but it was fun in all it's cheesy hollywood ways. I'm looking forward to IJ5. Can't wait.

Well for me the whole reason why I loved it was not only because Harrison Ford is my idol and the reason I'm trying to become an actor. It's not because my favorite films of all time are the Indy series.... This film actually felt like and Indiana Jones film. Great action, good fun....pretty much everything I wanted in ANOTHER Indy film. I accept the cheese for what it is. In fact, I'm a fan of cheesy shit in films.

Well, I loved it the first time in the movies. The second round it wasn't thaaat good (but I still liked it). I think nostalgia factor hit me hard on the premiere. Is there any blockbuster movies without CG nowadays? Maybe Nic Cage in National Treasure is more oldskool indy than IJ4 was? I dunno man..

Off all the things that happened that folks hated, only two things really bothered me, one being the Tarzan thing. Rediculous. The other was the over use of CG. I figured there was going to have to be some, but beauty of Indy films are the matte paintings and practical effects. They were meant to be "old school", but I guess it's their show. Otherwise, it was alright.