Alien remake/reboot

Guest AdminGuyX

• 1 month later...

I love all Alien films, except Alien Resurrection. Hated that one.

Alien 3 was ALWAYS my favourite, although so many people seem to hate it.

I love it, because David Fincher is one of my favourite directiors and the way his films look is just awesome!

As for the the remake of the franchise - totally unnessecary, as usually the case with remakes.....

There's no waaaay there will be any remake that surpasses the originals. "game over man?!". And if someone goes ahead with it, it'll prolly be just an (wow! great graphics!) movie, like T4 or Volvorine. Buuuut Star Trek was niiiice..

Third was always my fav, but that's because that's the third movie I bought (mom bought for me) ever when I was 10. And Alien Resurrection blew me away as well in the movies (when I was 13), but it made me sick to my stomach watching at home when it was out on VHS. And I couldn't eat Salmon for six years. I think I reacted on all the gory effects. I loved it because of Perlman, the dude in the wheelchair, Guy of fucking Gisbourne from Robin Hood!, Winona, Dourif, Orser and of course Weaver.. And when the quadrilogy came and I was even more interested in directors etc, I found out that Jean Pierre Jeunet made it. And with the exception of Resurrection being an "commercial" jeunet movie, it's so much better than alot of the effects movies being released today.

1&2 will always be legendary, but all in all it's 4 different, but great movies.

Get moving on a prequel or a 5th one instead!

Well, it's gonna be a prequel, not a remake, but I'm not sure about that either. I would prefer some indirect sequel with new characters on a different planet. Scott is a great director but they need a good script. I remain sceptical....

The only idea that I've heard Scott talk about for the prequel is to focus on the alien home planet and the events leading up to the other alien ship crash landing on LV-426. It's a tough one for the writer, who, I guess has not had a produced screenplay yet. The fan base it too large to make folks happy. We've seen it here on the threads.

Personally, I love the first above all the others. I find it almost perfect on so many levels. I'd kind of like seeing a film of that style again, with the other aliens stumbling onto the Alien world and having that clostrophobic touch that the first one nailed. Not only that, but I think it would be killer to see a film like that and to have no diolouge. From what I understand, the other aliens communicate telepathically (I can't remember which book it was mentioned in, it's been a while). Just sounds from the aliens, the ship and the enviroment, mixed with a creepy as hell score like Goldsmith's original.

If they're truly doing a prequel that tells the story of how the space jockey ended up on LV-426, I REALLY hope they don't find a way to insert some humans in there.

As much as I love Ridley Scott and ALIEN, I really wish they would leave this alone. I am NOT excited.

Carl Rinsch is the director right? I like the tradition of them always bringing in an unknown director to make an alien flick.

I don't care if there is any prequel or a new 5th one. If they suck I'll just put them on my ignore list. The franchise is probably already fucked with the AVP movies that came out anyway. So maybe baby, they can make a cool one again.

Carl Rinsch is the director right? I like the tradition of them always bringing in an unknown director to make an alien flick.

No, it sounds like that was a misinterpretation. Or at least that's what the powers that be are saying. Scott's on to direct a prequel.

No, it sounds like that was a misinterpretation. Or at least that's what the powers that be are saying. Scott's on to direct a prequel.

Aha. Scott knows his shit at least. But I'm not holding my breath for a movie that will blow the first four out of the water. Nostalgia is a powerful emotion. ;)

As a relative of mine (a 10 year old) said about the new T4, which he dug. "It had great graphics!". So, what do I know what the kids are looking for these days.

As a relative of mine (a 10 year old) said about the new T4, which he dug. "It had great graphics!". So, what do I know what the kids are looking for these days.

That about sums it up. Though, he might as well take a job as a studio head, because I think they say the same ;)

Archived