Sign in to follow this  
fecksake

Early Mist Review

Wow, excellent review. Now I'm even more excited to see this film. I can't wait! Thanks for sharing that.

Mediumfan

Oops! Just found and posted the same link under "The Mist" thread...

It's a great review; now I really, really want to see the film. I was a tiny bit hesitant about it when I saw the 1st preview online (not enough darkness and tension), but now I will go with no doubts.

Jen

damn can't it be Nov 21st already! seems I have been waiting forever for this film.

Aaron

Anyone know when this film will premiere and where it will make it's debut?

Mediumfan

November 21st.

November 21st.

ooops, almost forgot. It's a nation wide release.

Anyone know when this film will premiere and where it will make it's debut?

Mediumfan

I am hoping that Tom is there for the premiere!! :D He'll be deep in work for Dark Country, so I don't know what he schedule will be like, and if he'll be able to get to the premiere - but I really hope he does make it! :)

Us fans want to see him out 'n' about more. ;)

Jen

I am hoping that Tom is there for the premiere!! :D He'll be deep in work for Dark Country, so I don't know what he schedule will be like, and if he'll be able to get to the premiere - but I really hope he does make it! :)

Us fans want to see him out 'n' about more. ;)

Jen

I totally agree, Jen. I love seeing pics of him out 'n about. I was just wondering if they will have the premiere in LA or where and when they will premiere it. It's usually just before the nationwide release, isn't it? I hope he is able to be there as well. Would love to see him. Hated not seeing him at the Emmys this year.

Mediumfan

I'm assuming (and it's a big "if" on my part) that they'll premiere the film in L.A. probably as early as the week before the release, so maybe Thursday or Friday, November 15 or 16... This is just based on other premiere dates for other films that I've noticed...

Oh, and I know! I was sooo disappointed too that Tom wasn't at the Emmys, especially because he said he would be there - and I was wondering why Patricia looked kinda down and nervous.

Jen

I'm assuming (and it's a big "if" on my part) that they'll premiere the film in L.A. probably as early as the week before the release, so maybe Thursday or Friday, November 15 or 16... This is just based on other premiere dates for other films that I've noticed...

Oh, and I know! I was sooo disappointed too that Tom wasn't at the Emmys, especially because he said he would be there - and I was wondering why Patricia looked kinda down and nervous.

Jen

I noticed the same thing too, Jen. I wondered why she didn't look happy that night. And she did seem kinda uptight. I guess she was probably worried about TJ and anxious to get home. Just guessing. Glad to hear that he's better now and see him going full speed ahead on the Dark Country project. Love reading Bradstreets's diary too. That's kinda fun to get a peek behind the curtain, so to speak. Look forward to hearing more about that.

Can't wait for the premiere of The Mist. Hope TJ is able to be there for the big night. I think this movie is going to be big. It's getting a lot of talk in the press, and almost anything with "Stephen King" on it is gonna be a hit, plus add some of the names that are attached to this, like TJ, Darabont, Marcia Gay Harden, and others, it's almost sure to be a hit.

But what do I know? Lol.

mediumfan

Thanks, James, for sharing those. All these great reviews are just whetting my appetite for this movie. I can't wait to see it.

Now if I could only finish the book. :lol:

Mediumfan

Thanks James. Interesting reading and great to see all these positive reviews.

Thanks, James, for sharing those. All these great reviews are just whetting my appetite for this movie. I can't wait to see it.

Now if I could only finish the book. :lol:

Mediumfan

Your both welcome;)

It's always good to see a movie with are favorite actor (Tom) in it to get good reviews. Lets hope there's more reviews like them.

I agree completely, James. I think Thomas is a great actor who has largely been overlooked by Hollywood. So it's great to see him getting such positive reviews for his work. I hope we see a lot more of these. :D

mediumfan

King Loves Frank Darabont's "The Mist" Adaptation

November 12, 2007 —

At a press conference today for the highly anticipated film THE MIST by Academy Award nominated director Frank Darabont ("The Green Mile," "The Shawshank Redemption"), Stephen King, whose novella the film is based on, gave his blessing of the film adaptation as well as sent out a chilling message to anyone who dares to give away the film's ending.

Stephen King stated, "Frank wrote a new ending that I loved. It is the most shocking ending ever and there should be a law passed stating that anybody who reveals the last 5 minutes of this film should be hung from their neck until dead."

http://www.pop.com/movies/3915279/news?item_id=4002330

Wow, those are strong words coming from the master of macabre himself. I can't wait to see this. Every review I"ve read has been great, with the exception of one in Variety, and even that one gives kudos to Thomas for his preformance.

If anyone is interested, right now, The Mist is the featured movie on Yahoo's movie page, and it showcases two trailers for the movie, as well as behind the scenes clip hosted by Frank Darabont with commentary. It's kinda neat.

Mediumfan

Well lets remember that the movie could get mix reviews or only a few good reviews and then that's it.... before you know it every critic and everybody hates it.

Whew, I haven't had time to pop in here lately and add updates, but if you go to my Thomas Jane 2 Yahoo Group, I've basically posted all the links to reviews/video clips that I've found online - and I know it's not all of 'em, but it's a start! :D

Jen