Sign in to follow this  
andrew2003

The Walking Dead

I don't know if anyone else around these boards is a fan or has ever read The Walking Dead, but I just have to say that this would be great material for a HBO or Cinemax series. And the reason im posting this thought here is because I know that the people of this forum are made of Thomas Jane fans, Comic fans, and Horror fans. My first thought when I picked up the book and started reading it was that Thomas Jane would be the perfect fit for the role of Officer Rick Grimes. I was just wondering if anyone else out there has thought this. Also, let's talk about this badass horror comic!

Andy

AMEN!!! I have all the trades of this one. The wife even digs it (though she loves zombie stuff). Kirkman has created a masterpiece where nothing is sacred and anything can happen in the PERFECT zombie landscape. One of my favorites EVER. As far as zombies go I rank it right up there with the original "Night" and "World War Z".

Would make a GREAT series.

Haha, I was actually planning on starting a thread about The Walking Dead! I'm really into zombies, too. I've got all the paperbacks so far, I can get the individual issues, but I'd rather wait to read them in volumes! Someone should make a series out of this. I gotta ask, who would you guys pick for each character, and maybe post pics?

Huge fan of this book!! I happened to stumble uppon it pretty randomly. I never even really read comics till I discovered this gem. I've always just had a love for everything zombie. They always make movies out of comics, but this one definitely deserves a series. There is so much material to work with. The characters are fantastic. Vampires have gotten their turn a million times over. It's time to give zombies their chance at some prime time action. It would definitely have to be an HBO series though. Showtime wouldn't be bad either. I do really enjoy Dexter.

Andrew, we need to have like a fantasy draft pick for the actors we want to play the characters in our dream movie/series. Except of course for Rick. We already know who's playing him.

Tess

Massive Walking Dead fan (just gets better and darker as the years go by)

Yeah, it definately would have to be a mini series, would be a crime to strip it down to 90 minutes.

As for casting, well, here is a few punts based on a decent TV budget:

Rick: Going against the grain here, but I'd like to see Damien Lewis in the role. I've always loved that Rick is not your typical pulp hero, but far more vulnerable.

Lori: Amy Ryan - Great at playing flawed characters

Shane: Carlos Bernard

Glenn: no idea. Suggestions?

Allen: Xander Berkeley - A wig and a beard, and I think he's pull it off with ease

Donna: Fionnula Flanagan

Dale: Sam Anderson

Jim: Brad Dourif

Amy: Melissa Price

Andrea: Madeline Zima

Tyresse: Kevin Grevioux - Don't know if he really has the acting chops, but worth considering

Michonne: Sonja Sohn

Axel: M.C. Gainey

Cheers Fred, Just a shame we couldn't come up with someone for Glenn (always one of my favourite characters)

What about John Cho of "Harold and Kumar" and now, "Star Trek" as Sulu? It's a thought. He seems pretty Asian in the original appearance.

Maybe James Kyson Lee of Heroes?

Both are a bit older, but look young enough...

Had considered John Cho, but I figured Glenn is about 21, which is a bit of a stretch. Glenn is not exactly the most important character anyway, so they could easily give some unknown a career!

I watch this show every time it is on and your right Tom would of been good in this show.