Sign in to follow this  
Mike V

Drag Me to Hell

Yeah, it looks pretty cool, I'm gonna have to see it!

Dammit, I LOVE this movie. And the trailer serves as an awesome reminder of how much I dig it.

Well, as we told you earlier this morning, the trailer for Drag Me to Hell (early thoughts) was approachin'. And now here it is! You can watch the preview in QuickTime and Flash here!

Click here for ten new hi-res photos!

Christine Brown (Alison Lohman) is an ambitious L.A. loan officer with a charming boyfriend, professor Clay Dalton (Justin Long). Life is good until the mysterious Mrs. Ganush (Lorna Raver) arrives at the bank to beg for an extension on her home loan. Should Christine follow her instincts and give the old woman a break? Or should she deny the extension to impress her boss, Mr. Jacks (David Paymer), and get a leg-up on a promotion? Christine fatefully chooses the latter, shaming Mrs. Ganush and dispossessing her of her home.

In retaliation, the old woman places the powerful curse of the Lamia on Christine, transforming her life into a living hell. Haunted by an evil spirit and misunderstood by a skeptical boyfriend, she seeks the aid of seer Rham Jas (Dileep Rao) to save her soul from eternal damnation. To help the shattered Christine return her life to normal, the psychic sets her on a frantic course to reverse the spell. As evil forces close in, Christine must face the unthinkable: how far will she go to break free of the curse?

Sam Raimi directs from a script he penned with his brother Ivan. Look for it in theaters on May 29th!

Source: http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=9858

Fantastic! I wonder who Bruce will play in this one.

If he's in it at all, it'll probably just be a cameo. One things for sure 'the Classic' Oldsmobile is going to be making an appearance.

dragmeposter.jpg

ShockTillYouDrop has the new poster for Sam Raimi's upcoming horror movie Drag Me to Hell, which you can see after the jump.

Raimi (the Spider-Man trilogy) returns to the horror genre with this original tale of a young woman's desperate quest to break an evil curse.

Christine Brown (Alison Lohman) is an ambitious L.A. loan officer with a charming boyfriend, professor Clay Dalton (Justin Long). Life is good until the mysterious Mrs. Ganush (Lorna Raver) arrives at the bank to beg for an extension on her home loan. Should Christine follow her instincts and give the old woman a break? Or should she deny the extension to impress her boss, Mr. Jacks (David Paymer), and get a leg-up on a promotion? Christine fatefully chooses the latter, shaming Mrs. Ganush and dispossessing her of her home.

In retaliation, the old woman places the powerful curse of the Lamia on Christine, transforming her life into a living hell. Haunted by an evil spirit and misunderstood by a skeptical boyfriend, she seeks the aid of seer Rham Jas (Dileep Rao) to save her soul from eternal damnation. To help the shattered Christine return her life to normal, the psychic sets her on a frantic course to reverse the spell. As evil forces close in, Christine must face the unthinkable: how far will she go to break free of the curse? Drag Me to Hell opens May 29.

Source: http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/check-out-the-new-poster.php

Believe the fucking hype, the fact that it's PG-13 doesn't mean shit, this is Raimi returning to form.

This movie is essentially Evil Dead IV.

So, that means Bruce returns as Ash ;)

I haven't had a chance to see this yet, but everyone at work who has have been raving about it. I'm glad that Sam has returned to his roots. We need more good ol' fashioned horror films.

No Bruce, but the Oldsmobile does make an appearance.

The old woman is supposed to be a witch :o . At least that's what I thought at first. Hmm, the part when the woman was lying on her bed was kind of funny.

No Bruce, but the Oldsmobile does make an appearance.

You can't have a Raimi film with out the lemon ;) (Except for The Quick And The Dead, but I guess Bruce said Sam did try to sqeeze it in)

Actually, I recall reading that Raimi used the axle or something for a wagon, whether it's true or not I don't know.

Believe the fucking hype, the fact that it's PG-13 doesn't mean shit, this is Raimi returning to form.

This movie is essentially Evil Dead IV.

Awwww, Mike V! This brings a tear to my eye!

"This movie is essentially Evil Dead IV."

:-)

We saw this with a Q&A from the actors who played young lady & her chap, plus Sam Raimi.

The highlight was when asked about a new Evil Dead film and he said

"Because of the success of this film with people like you (ie elite London horror crowd) ...

... there will be no Evil Dead film"

It's great fun, and very droll how they have toned down the Evil Deadity of the "gore".

He more than made up for the lack of gore with all the gooieness, I mean the poor girl gets embalming fluid vomited on her.

Also I just recently watched the trilogy, and I had forgotten how Raimi just seemed to not give a shit about continuity and just rewrote around the problems and made fun fucking movies.