Sign in to follow this  
origin1950

Nemesis

Jen is responsible for reminding me about Nemesis. This thread is an indirect product of her's. Thanks Jen. Now, I like this flick. But before I start talkin spoilers, let's see a show of hands of who's actually seen this thing...Those of you that haven't oughtta know if ya wanna see it, be prepared to spend alotta money on this dvd. I payed $50.

-TL

I've seen it, used to own it on VHS before the whole DVD thing came about. So don't have it anymore but I remember it was the 2nd time I'd seen Tom in a movie.

Very short scene, but the first time was in Buffy The Vampire Slayer, which I watched strictly for Kristy Swanson.

Anyway, I used to love this movie and remembered that the first time I saw Tom on screen I liked his style. Reminded me alot of James Dean, Marlon Brando and a little bit of Al Pacino in there. So, I instantly liked him as an actor.

-JO

Just found Nemesis in ten parts on u-toob, if anyone is interested.

Part one until I can find Tom: Nemesis (1/10)

ETA: It would have been the beginning of part four, but there's a comment about the poster cutting the clip ... because of the nudity! So never mind, folks! ;)

Oh, yes...Tom is unclothed in this one... ;) He's only in the movie for a couple of minutes, but it's a *nice* couple of minutes - for the viewer! :lol:

Jen

Yeah, I've seen his "bits" last night.... ;)

I couldn't be bothered to watch the rest of the movie, though.

But the scenes with TJ were certainly worth seeing.... :lol:

Yeah, I've seen his "bits" last night.... ;)

I couldn't be bothered to watch the rest of the movie, though.

But the scenes with TJ were certainly worth seeing.... :lol:

:lol:

Tom's voice is so different in this early movie though. When I saw it, I thought maybe they dubbed his vocals!

Jen

Tom's voice is so different in this early movie though. When I saw it, I thought maybe they dubbed his vocals!

Jen

True, I watched The Punisher before that and you can certainly tell the difference.... I love his "growling" voice he seems to have now, but there's nothing wrong with his "old" (young....) voice... ;)

Too bad my hubby is coming back tomorrow after a week in England. I really enjoyed my nights with Thomas. A different film or two every night, that is. :P

One more thing about Nemisis: Usually I really love sci-fi and trash or sci-fi trash - but this one didn't really grab me.

I remember switching that on with a friend about a year ago, having no idea Tom was in it. We were only half watching it, but when that scene came on it really made me double take. "Is that...Tom Jane?" It was definitely an unexpected surprise. :lol:

I just thought the following line was funny, especially in light of your post Padre:

Here's a quick mention of Nemesis in article about director Albert Pyun:

"It also features a young Thomas Jane who inexplicably stays naked through his entire role." :lol:

http://www.smalltowncritic.com/2009/10/14/...ancient-empire/

Jen

Now you'll be seeing a rush of people hitting the other non-censored video sites looking to see the how well hung the star if Hung is.. welll... hung...

Go Figure... :)

I remember the seeing the movie but not the details at all...

Now you'll be seeing a rush of people hitting the other non-censored video sites looking to see the how well hung the star if Hung is.. welll... hung...

Go Figure... :)

I remember the seeing the movie but not the details at all...

Tom's role was so small! I mean short, no wait...but seriously, he's only in a couple of scenes; one where he's staring out the window and you see him from the back, and then there's the scene where he's sitting on bed at 1st and then a bad guy comes in, and...well, suffice it say, Tom's not in that movie any more. :(

Oh, and there's a naked woman somewhere in there too who ends up punching Tom, I think. I wasn't really paying attention to that character...

Jen

I caught the whole thing on TV tonight. Its not that good but it has some nice gunplay in it. The acting and script were crap but at least its never boring. Again it was a little strange seeing a very young (and very naked) Tom in the one scene he appears. Jackie Earle Haley also turns up near the end in a tiny role.

I've watched Nemesis yesterday evening 😊 the movie would be more interesting had it been made 5-10 years earlier. Now in comparison to Terminator 2 made the same year it's poor, but I guess that's not the point. The director really is sympathetic and enthusiastically filmed his ideas with a low budget. The movie takes us travelling to Shang-loo ("Shang-loo takes no shit. I love this town"...), the ladies play important roles be it good cop or bad cop and the action scenes are nicely coordinated. It is, however, not a movie you must see.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this