Sign in to follow this  
Nameless

GUN

To me this is the best Western game there is. I'm glad the game had more of a Revisionist Western theme than a Spaghetti Western theme. There are so many great things about this game. One is the voice acting by all of the cast including of course Tom Jane as Colton White and...

Kris Kristofferson: Ned White

Tom Skerritt: Clay Allison

Eric Schweig: Many Wounds/Fights-At-Dawn

Lance Henriksen: Thomas MacGruder

Ron Perlman: Mayor Hoodoo Brown

Brad Dourif: Josiah Reed

Kath Soucie: Jenny

Marc Graue: Hollister

Frank Collison: Honest Tom

Jim Connor: Campbell

Dave Wittenberg: Soapy Jennings

If they make another one I hope they can get the same type of voice actors.

I liked that Colton didn't look or act like a Clint Eastwood type of cowboy because that has been done to death. Colton was more like a cowboy character from movies like The Magnificent Seven and Shane. Meaning that Colton is like a Steve Mcqueen, a Yul Brynner, a Charles Bronson or even a Alan Ladd type of cowboy. Colton's a nice guy and he's tough but he doesn't act like it 24/7 and he doesn't talk as if he has laryngitis. Colton was modeled to look like Tom but he looked a little like Charles Bronson.

http://lnx.eklettica.com/coppermine/displa...19&pos=-347

The person who wrote GUN was Randall Jahnson who's written The Doors, The Mask Of Zorro and Sunset Strip. This is one of the reasons why GUN was so great it had a writer of his talent. I loved the serious tone the story had and the music. The score in this game is so great. It's too bad that it's not available on CD because it echoes John Barry's main theme to Dances With Wolves.

A few weeks ago on a website a poster that said "GUN: Magruder's Ghost"(a working title).

"1189684688_0_3.jpg"

It was spotted in a demo for Tony Hawk's Proving Ground, a fellow Activision and Neversoft title.

GUN 2: Magruder's Ghost. Although there's nothing to say that's real. It could be just a joke and nothing more.

I hope there making GUN 2 and that Tom comes back to voice Colton.

GUN was fuckin great man.

Its the dream game for a western fanatic. And its a revenger western - the best kind.

Colton White needs to come back in a follow up.

-TL

i got half way through this game and my memory card formatted. one of the saddest days of my life. i just havent had the urge to play most my games after that but i started this game again and remembered how much i enjoyed it

The game came out in November of 2005 and in a month it will be two years since the game came out. So hopefully in 08 Neversoft will say there making another one.

Dude they GOTTA give us another one.

I got so hooked on the first one. You don't even have to do anything for it to be fun. I love those violins. I wonder if they're gonna sell the score.

I bought the score for BULLY which I think is fuckin cool - but I prefer the GUN score.

-TL

We'll see what happens this coming year.

This was a badass scene when there chasing Colton.

GUN_140_204523m.jpg

Looking at this picture

coverBIG.jpg

I wouldn't mind a short comic book story (a 1 to 5 issue or something like that) or a graphic novel story of Colton... like maybe from Dark Horse. Maybe a short story before the events in the second game happen.

Ideas for GUN 2 are endless... in the first game you can use a tomahawk. One idea that I have is that in the next game I would love to be able to throw it.

Another idea would be to bring in another female character. But this time she wouldn't be a white blond woman like Jenny, but like Jenny she would tough... or "tougher" and she would be American Indian from one of the two tribes in the game, the Apaches or the Blackfoots.

sm.jpg

To give you an idea.

GUN was one of the first games I got 1000 pts on when I first started playing my 360. Once you start to get the hang of the gameplay, it just feels so smooth. It would be great to see some Downloadable Content for the game, but it'll never happen. A sequel would be all kinds of awesome.

What game systems is this game made for? Is it available for Playstation or just XBox or what? It sounds like fun. I might try to find it if it's available for my game system. Or maybe it's time to upgrade my system, lol. I haven't played it in ages.

Mediumfan

I made this one or two days ago. It's Colton, Red and Juarez. Although I didn't like Red Dead Revolver and I haven't played Call of Juarez. Well anyway I call it

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

ColtonRedJuarez.jpg

Loved it didnt know it was Tom J doing the voice great game played for hours mine bit i played for days as i didnt know how to win found out though in the end ;)

Very nice. Thank you. This would work great as a film score if they made a Gun movie. I think you also mentioned that before James. Smart man.

Very nice. Thank you. This would work great as a film score if they made a Gun movie. I think you also mentioned that before James. Smart man.

Hehehehe! :lol: Thank you andrew2003. And yes, I am a smart man ;)

I just finished the hunting mission.

And what a mission that was...

3 Wolves, 1 Cougar and 1 Grizzly.

I love animals, but Colton White needed 100% game completion, so yeah.

*I'm still short on 7 pieces of gold.

I'm gonna try finding them tonight.

PART II MUST BE RELEASED!!!

-TL

I just finished the hunting mission.

And what a mission that was...

3 Wolves, 1 Cougar and 1 Grizzly.

I love animals, but Colton White needed 100% game completion, so yeah.

*I'm still short on 7 pieces of gold.

I'm gonna try finding them tonight.

PART II MUST BE RELEASED!!!

-TL

Hehehehe! There are many WW2 games, military games, sword fighting games, zombie games, fantasy and sci-fi games... but there are hardly any Western games. Off the top of my head I can only think of 3 or 4 Western games. They need to do GUN 2.

I remember I once came up with an idea about a Western game, but instead of playing a "Cowboy" type of character, we play the American Indians (or Native Americans or whichever term you prefer). Now Colton White was Apache but he was pretty much a Cowboy type of character.

8541146.jpg

I would love to play the real warriors and hunters of the West or when the Spanish where in the Americas or when French and the British where in the Americas and play such tribes like the Seminole, the Mohawk, the Huron, the Utes, the Sioux, the Apache, the Shawnee, The Blackfoot, the Cherokee, Navajo, Crow, Comanche, Cheyenne and many more.

It would be cool if you could play as whoever you wanted to.

Like if you decide to be an Indian, the game's point of view changes.

If you're a drifter, the game is completely different from the Indian's game.

-TL

It would be cool if you could play as whoever you wanted to.

Like if you decide to be an Indian, the game's point of view changes.

If you're a drifter, the game is completely different from the Indian's game.

-TL

Yeah, you play a different character and the game's point of view changes.... that's a great idea. ;)