mark

The Dallas Comic Con 12 "class photo" by Scott Harben

A black and white variation of the group shot Joe posted under Tim's forum...

Sunday afternoon at the Dallas Comic Con 12. Scott Harben took this picture on Tom Jane's new camera. It may just be a memorable shot for those involved, but I've already been told by many this is one of those photos that has the makings of a classic reference image to be seen for many years to come. One day, 10 or 20 years in the future, this could absolutely show up in a comic book-based publication...

n1476768538_30188165_7730.jpg

From left to right: Howard Chaykin, Thomas Jane, Todd Farmer, Tim Bradstreet, Bernie Wrightson, Jim Daly, William Stout, Joe Jusko, and Mark Walters

It was Tom's idea to take this shot. Good idea TJ.

All the best,

That really is a great shot. Sums up the Con so simply. Good points, Mark. All that's missing are the superlatives. :)

That's AWESOME!!!! I love the noirish feel of this version! I think we can honestly say it was one of the best con collectives EVER!

I love that shot. And just look at all of the incredible talent lined up in it. Amazing!

Way to go, TJ. Wish I coulda been at the Con.

From film "making-ofs" and his comments and observations during interviews, I noticed that Tom has a wonderfully cinematic eye and sense of what is significant and potentially momentous visually and emotionally.

Even in his photographic direction, he seems a natural filmmaker ... as such, we await The Dark Country. B)

In other words, great photo, Tom! - Good idea, as Mark said! :D

Love this pic of the guys. Especially pleased to see Tom looking so well! Anyone else have pictures from the Con?

Hi John, thanks for letting us know, I'll check it out now. Do you ever sleep? it must be like like 2am in the morning in Dallas!! anyway glad you enjoyed the Con, wish I was there.

Um, is Walters trying out a new pose? Because I don't approve. He shouldn't break with tradition.

By the way, I mentioned that there was a Dallas show last week when I saw Rena and she sends her love to Tim, Mark and the rest of the Dallas gang.

Not to worry Brian, Harben posed us for that shot. My standard photo stance in still intact. Give our love to Rena as well!

Hi John, thanks for letting us know, I'll check it out now. Do you ever sleep? it must be like like 2am in the morning in Dallas!! anyway glad you enjoyed the Con, wish I was there.

lol , Im a child of the night:)

My mom tried to break me out of it my whole child hood. Only go to sleep early when i have to get up in the AM and that is still so hard to do. Thank goodness for Shinner!