Sign in to follow this  
James O'Brian

Favorite TV Shows

Alright, I'm not a big fan of TV. I hate commercials with a passion, PASSION. When that guy comes on talkin' about how much size he put on with a pill or when these people take a pill to help cure their diabetes, it gets on my nerves. Then you hear the little things that it may cause and I just flip. But anyway, back to the subject matter. I've always had a few shows I liked, that I record and then fast foward through all that bull shit. No problem. Here's my list:

-Tales From The Crypt

-3rd Rock From The Sun

-The Twilight Zone

-Deadwood

-Rescue Me

-Nip/Tuck

-Weeds

I've been watchin' Tales From The Crypt and 3rd Rock since I was a lil' laddy so they're a given. Deadwood, Rescue Me and[ b] Nip/Tuck[/b] I started watchin' all at the same time. Then when Deadwood was taken off, I went a bit ape shit since Sex & The City was still on and a good show like Deadwood would get taken off. No sense.

I mean, I get it. There are some hot chicks on that show. Actually, just 2. Kim Cattrell & Kristin Davis . Whatever.

Anyway, no more soap boxin' for me. Let's hear what you've got.

-JO

I'm up for almost anything on FX J. So I can concur with Rescue Me and Nip/Tuck. Surprised ya didn't mention The Shield. I told about 50 people back in '02 to watch the premiere. I had a feeling about Mike Chiklis. But I must say Kurt Sutter is on my shit list. He fucked up his armenian bad-assness by stickin his nose in the world of vigilantes.

"Good cop and the bad cop left for the day. I'm a different kinda cop." -Vic Mackey

It never gets old.

-TL

GHOST HUNTERS (SCI-FI channel)

DEXTER

BROTHERHOOD

WEEDS

MILITARY CHANNEL

HISTORY CHANNEL

Don't really watch much TV shows, lots of movies and sports.

Every time I try to catch a ball game, a woman will prevent me from dedicating my time to the game. So I end up changing the channel. Same thing with Boxing. Girls just wanna watch their Laguna Beach.

-TL

TV shows that I've watched and still sometimes watch and shows that were on and still on.

Nova (PBS).

House M.D.

SkinWalkers (followed by) Coyote Waits (followed by) A Thief Of Time (PBS).

Star Trek: The Original Series (Remastered).

Star Trek: The Animation Series.

Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

Star Trek: Voyager.

Liquid Television.

The Twilight Zone (The original TV show).

Shogun (Mini series).

Seinfeld.

Frasier.

Mad TV.

Family Guy.

Duck Man.

Here's mine, starting with my favorites.

-Medium (Mrs. TJ, need I say more)

- I Love Lucy

- The Honeymooners

- MASH

- Star Trek: The Next Generation

-Magnum PI ( what can I say, I like eye candy)

- JAG

- Tales From the Crypt

- The Twilight Zone

- Discovery channel

- History channel

- Wiseguy

- Buffy the Vampire Slayer

-Angel

- ER

Mediumfan

Angel.

Heroes.

Firefly.

The Daily Show.

House MD.

Prison Break.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

Veronica Mars.

Bones.

Band of Brothers.

Supernatural.

Scrubs.

Spaced.

The Black Donnelys.

Jericho.

I'm up for almost anything on FX J. So I can concur with Rescue Me and Nip/Tuck. Surprised ya didn't mention The Shield. I told about 50 people back in '02 to watch the premiere. I had a feeling about Mike Chiklis. But I must say Kurt Sutter is on my shit list. He fucked up his armenian bad-assness by stickin his nose in the world of vigilantes.

"Good cop and the bad cop left for the day. I'm a different kinda cop." -Vic Mackey

It never gets old.

-TL

Naw, man I totally forgot about that show. Thanks for reminding me. Good show. But yeah, Kurt Sutter is definitely on shit list terms with me.

-JO

GHOST HUNTERS (SCI-FI channel)

DEXTER

BROTHERHOOD

WEEDS

MILITARY CHANNEL

HISTORY CHANNEL

Don't really watch much TV shows, lots of movies and sports.

Dexter is a really good show. Very interesting and cool.

TV shows that I've watched and still sometimes watch and shows that were on and still on.

Nova (PBS).

House M.D.

SkinWalkers (followed by) Coyote Waits (followed by) A Thief Of Time (PBS).

Star Trek: The Original Series (Remastered).

Star Trek: The Animation Series.

Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

Star Trek: Voyager.

Liquid Television.

The Twilight Zone (The original TV show).

Shogun (Mini series).

Seinfeld.

Frasier.

Mad TV.

Family Guy.

Duck Man.

Man, I remember Shogun. It was like The Last Samurai but way before it's time. Good show.

-JO

Angel.

Heroes.

Firefly.

The Daily Show.

House MD.

Prison Break.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

Veronica Mars.

Bones.

Band of Brothers.

Supernatural.

Scrubs.

Spaced.

The Black Donnelys.

Jericho.

Band Of Brothers, another very good show.

-JO

Alright they're not EMMY material, but as a git I used to love watchin 'em. And I'm pretty fuckin sure 90% of the people here has seen them at some point.

The Creepshow inspired TV monster shows:

#1: Friday the 13th - Not actually Creepshow inspired, but actually better. Guy makes a pact with satan, pulls outta the deal at the very end - ends up in hell. Sound good?

#2: Monsters - Just the stupid intro to every episode was fun to watch. That monster family looked really happy together.

#3: Tales From The Darkside - the only one still on syndication, I've seen it on sci-fi channel.

*Best episode: Some coal miners get paid a shit load of money to dig a strange tunnel by some weird banker dude. They dig 600 ft down, and get trapped inside the hole by

an earthquake. They start panicking, and try to dig their way out - but notice its gettin hotter and hotter. Suddenly they find a gold sign branded onto the soil:

"Ye who enter abandon all hope". The banker was satan, who got himself a dozen souls through some hard cash.

#4: Tales From the Crypt - I love it, but it gets too comedic sometimes.

-TL

Alright they're not EMMY material, but as a git I used to love watchin 'em. And I'm pretty fuckin sure 90% of the people here has seen them at some point.

The Creepshow inspired TV monster shows:

#1: Friday the 13th - Not actually Creepshow inspired, but actually better. Guy makes a pact with satan, pulls outta the deal at the very end - ends up in hell. Sound good?

#2: Monsters - Just the stupid intro to every episode was fun to watch. That monster family looked really happy together.

#3: Tales From The Darkside - the only one still on syndication, I've seen it on sci-fi channel.

*Best episode: Some coal miners get paid a shit load of money to dig a strange tunnel by some weird banker dude. They dig 600 ft down, and get trapped inside the hole by

an earthquake. They start panicking, and try to dig their way out - but notice its gettin hotter and hotter. Suddenly they find a gold sign branded onto the soil:

"Ye who enter abandon all hope". The banker was satan, who got himself a dozen souls through some hard cash.

#4: Tales From the Crypt - I love it, but it gets too comedic sometimes.

-TL

I really like Friday The 13th, Tales From The Crypt and Tales From The Darkside. The Outer Limits and The Twilight Zone are a couple more, also.

-JO

TV shows I watched when I was younger.

Beast Wars.

X-Men (1992).

Jonny Quest.

The Real Ghostbusters.

The Centurions (pretty much whatever the Cartoon network showed).

The TMNT.

The Littles.

Does anyone remember Max Headroom ? Most of you folks probably weren't even born yet. It didn't last long, since it had to compete against Dallas. I never did know who shot J.R. I didn't care who shot J.R. Anyway MH was very futuristic and Matt Feuer, who is now on Eureka on Sci Fi, was the main character.

Does anyone remember Max Headroom ? Most of you folks probably weren't even born yet. It didn't last long, since it had to compete against Dallas. I never did know who shot J.R. I didn't care who shot J.R. Anyway MH was very futuristic and Matt Feuer, who is now on Eureka on Sci Fi, was the main character.

Haha, which time. J.R. was shot like 6 times in various seasons. Same with Bobby. They just won't die...DAMNIT

-JO

Wasn't that the show where the main character's head was like a television set or tv screen or something? That was back when Back to the Future was really big and Michael J. Fox was the biggest box office draw. Man, the eighties were pathetic.

Ah, who am I kiddin'? I was there and I loved every minute of it. But lookin' back at it, it does look pretty pathetic. I guess there's a reason they call it the "ME" decade.

mediumfan

Heheheh! Yeah, that would be cool hehehehehe!

"Hey Beavis, I bet they put all the stuff that sucks on in the moring, just to get us to go to school, hehehe!"

"Yeah hehehehe.... I think it's working."

Heheheh! Yeah, that would be cool hehehehehe!

"Hey Beavis, I bet they put all the stuff that sucks on in the moring, just to get us to go to school, hehehe!"

"Yeah hehehehe.... I think it's working."

"Attention lady with the big boobs, we are here to do you now, hehehehheh."

-JO

Here's my top 10 (I don't get, and have never gotten, premium cable TV, so I'm working with a deficeit):

Spaced

Monty Python's Flying Circus

The X-Files

Farscape

Stargate: Atlantis

Absolutely "sweetie, darling" Fabulous

Grounded For Life

Laverne & Shirley (some great physical comedy going on)

Twitch City

Not too sure about Twitch City - the Curtis character, played by Don McKellar, can get extremely aggravating...

Jen

With three kids and working on comics, it's tough to watch alot of tv.

But I do love:

The History Channel

Battlestar Gallatica

Smallville, but fell behind and couldnt watch it.

CSI miami, cause David Caruso is the Shatner of Television today! ha!

Simpsons

Family Guy