5247 replies to this topic

#2061 Arsh

Arsh

DeathSpider Larva

• Old Guard
  • 475 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE(Tim Bradstreet @ Aug 15 2008, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with a lot of that but let's put this Kevin thing to bed for the present, shall we?

I'm enjoying this little spat between TL and Doss wink.gif

Also, whatever you think of Fraction or War Journal, pro or con, lets try and hold our insults either way.

- TB

Fine... Fred, I apologize for calling you stupid.

But War Journal still sucks.
"In my dream the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people. Suddenly a small light glowed, a candle flickered into life. Symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed and blew it out."

#2062 sgasc

sgasc

Mud Whistle

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:28 PM

Holy smokes, I go away and shoot some kids stuff for Disney, and the whole world is a different color when I return. Again I appear here to dispel rumors. Please believe:

Lexi is not off the film

Lexi is still involved in the edit process

The film is not (nor could it ever be) PG-13

Today I saw a cut that ran 91 minutes

Lexi did in fact get married

Lexi is an incredibly talented director, and this film kicks major ass, as will be proven when it is released IN THEATRES DECEMBER 5th

The film is most certainly not all exploding heads, but will reveal a great deal of Franks personna and pain

This film has been difficult from the begining, from a bitter Canadian winter, to endless nights, to rampant sickness, Lexi has fought to make a killer Punisher film for fans and non fans alike.

Initially we were to release in September, but for whatever reason (not the quality of the film or edit IMHO) it was decided to release in December. That extra time has given everyone a chance to put their two cents worth in, but rest assured, Lexi is still stearing the boat, and she is a great captain.

When I hear vicious unfounded troll rumors like the "film was unwatchable" or "a total mess" it makes my blood boil. I want to punish the corrupt. People sit on their fat asses trolling the internet, people that have never even looked through a motion picture camera, and make judgements on a work of art that they've never seen, it's like saying a baby will be ugly before it is born, I can't freaking wait for this film to come out and prove the nay-sayers wrong.

Sorry for the rant, I just love something wonderful you have yet to see-

sg,asc

#2063 Mike V

Mike V

Jaded? Angry? Or just sick of the bullshit?

• Old Guard
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:37 PM

91 minutes seems like a good run time. It's good to know, it's not the mess it's being made out to be, but this movie has a lot of work to do to win me over.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

#2064 Raffi

Raffi

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Comic books, Weightlifting, Eating, Acting, Stunts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:50 PM

Stevie my boy, can we extend the movie to 120 to 135 minutes? wink.gif

#2065 Tim Bradstreet

Tim Bradstreet

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 3,170 posts
  • Interests:Illustration, Graphic Design, Production Design, Film Scores, Film.

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE(sgasc @ Aug 15 2008, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Holy smokes, I go away and shoot some kids stuff for Disney, and the whole world is a different color when I return. Again I appear here to dispel rumors. Please believe:

Lexi is not off the film

Lexi is still involved in the edit process

The film is not (nor could it ever be) PG-13

Today I saw a cut that ran 91 minutes

Lexi did in fact get married

Lexi is an incredibly talented director, and this film kicks major ass, as will be proven when it is released IN THEATRES DECEMBER 5th

The film is most certainly not all exploding heads, but will reveal a great deal of Franks personna and pain

This film has been difficult from the begining, from a bitter Canadian winter, to endless nights, to rampant sickness, Lexi has fought to make a killer Punisher film for fans and non fans alike.

Initially we were to release in September, but for whatever reason (not the quality of the film or edit IMHO) it was decided to release in December. That extra time has given everyone a chance to put their two cents worth in, but rest assured, Lexi is still stearing the boat, and she is a great captain.

When I hear vicious unfounded troll rumors like the "film was unwatchable" or "a total mess" it makes my blood boil. I want to punish the corrupt. People sit on their fat asses trolling the internet, people that have never even looked through a motion picture camera, and make judgements on a work of art that they've never seen, it's like saying a baby will be ugly before it is born, I can't freaking wait for this film to come out and prove the nay-sayers wrong.

Sorry for the rant, I just love something wonderful you have yet to see-

sg,asc

Big cheers Steve.
We value your viewpoint extremely.
REALLY missed you at SDCC.
Ray literally showered you with praise.
I am envious (in the best possibly meaning of the word) that you got to work with him.
Good to know that the creative forces of this film are still in place.
Thanks for bringing some light (at least a 20K) to the last few days (weeks) of insanity.

- TB

#2066 THOMAS LOGAN

THOMAS LOGAN

4 months to go...

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:24 PM

STEVE GAINER TO THE RESCUE!!!

-TL

#2067 Mike V

Mike V

• Old Guard
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:26 PM

So you're back to liking the movie (if only for the cheese factor)?

#2068 Nomad

Nomad

DeathSpider Larva

• Old Guard
  • 274 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE(THOMAS LOGAN @ Aug 15 2008, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nomad:

WHO prepared for 6 months to play Frank Castle?

WHO tried to FIX Warzone?

WHO turned down MILLIONS because Warzone is such crap?

WHO PREDICTED this movie was gonna go straight to video?

WHO placed this movie in the shitlist that includes Daredevil and Ghost Rider?

THOMAS JANE.

He was the voice of reason when Warzone was conceived and he is the voice of reason now that Warzone has failed miserably.

-TL

Well, Thomas, I would not agree with most of your statements above. But regardless of whether you have all your facts straight or not, the main point is this: what do ANY of those statements have to do with THIS one you made, which is the one I answered with a blink.gif

"What's ironic is that ALL of this is happening because LGF felt Thomas Jane was expendable."

IF you had your facts straight, you would KNOW that the film Thomas Jane was associated with has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Punisher: War Zone. Lion's Gate and some producers are in common with the film Jane was negotiating to do, but the actors, the writers, the story, the director, EVERYTHING germain to the film changed after Jane left. Here it is again, Thomas, coz I know it's hard for you...it is not the same film at all.

IF this film turns out poorly, that would make Thomas Jane's prediction correct BY ACCIDENT as it reflects only his bitter schadenfreude, and not his business nor artistic acumen, and certainly NOT his knowledge, because, Thomas (BOTH of you), here it is again: it is not the same film that Jane walked out on.

Nomad

#2069 Nomad

Nomad

DeathSpider Larva

• Old Guard
  • 274 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:32 PM

OOH! I just saw that post from Steve Gainer. Woo hoo! Steve, don't GO away like that!

Nomad

#2070 Mike V

Mike V

• Old Guard
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE(Nomad @ Aug 16 2008, 02:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IF you had your facts straight, you would KNOW that the film Thomas Jane was associated with has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Punisher: War Zone. Lion's Gate and some producers are in common with the film Jane was negotiating to do, but the actors, the writers, the story, the director, EVERYTHING germain to the film changed after Jane left. Here it is again, Thomas, coz I know it's hard for you...it is not the same film at all.

IF this film turns out poorly, that would make Thomas Jane's prediction correct BY ACCIDENT as it reflects only his bitter schadenfreude, and not his business nor artistic acumen, and certainly NOT his knowledge, because, Thomas (BOTH of you), here it is again: it is not the same film that Jane walked out on.

Nomad

I thought they went back to an older script that was originally scraped for the Sutter rewrite. If that's the case it would be the movie he technically did walk out on.

#2071 Mike V

Mike V

• Old Guard
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:49 PM

Also, a question for Steve if he knows anything.

What's currently the deal with the music? Is there a new composer yet?

#2072 Nomad

Nomad

DeathSpider Larva

• Old Guard
  • 274 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE(Mike V @ Aug 15 2008, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, a question for Steve if he knows anything.

What's currently the deal with the music? Is there a new composer yet?

I had this in my mailbox this morning. I've asked this blogger to cite his sources, and if/when he does I'll post them here. But here's the story. This isn't a fan site, so it has some chance of being true.

Michael Wandmacher: Punisher - War Zone
Punisher: War Zone, Lions Gate's follow-up to the 2004 Marvel action adventure The Punisher, gets an original score composed by Michael Wandmacher, whose previous credits include Never Back Down, Cry Wolf and The Killing Floor. Lexi Alexander (Green Street Hooligans) directs Punisher: War Zone, which features Ray Stevenson in the title role with supporting cast members including Dominic West and Julie Benz. Film is scheduled to premiere on December 5. Among Wandmacher's other upcoming films are My Bloody Valentine 3-D and Train.
Written by Mikael Carlsson at 11:54 PM

http://upcomingfilms...-war-zone.html

And, for whatever it's worth, on IMDB, someone named LaLaLandLovechild (hey, that's the name!) posted this:

I know his assistant. A big reason he got hired on this film is because he's a Punisher freak and wants the score to do the character some justice.

Nomad

#2073 Tim Bradstreet

Tim Bradstreet

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE(Nomad @ Aug 16 2008, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had this in my mailbox this morning. I've asked this blogger to cite his sources, and if/when he does I'll post them here. But here's the story. This isn't a fan site, so it has some chance of being true.

Michael Wandmacher: Punisher - War Zone
Punisher: War Zone, Lions Gate's follow-up to the 2004 Marvel action adventure The Punisher, gets an original score composed by Michael Wandmacher, whose previous credits include Never Back Down, Cry Wolf and The Killing Floor. Lexi Alexander (Green Street Hooligans) directs Punisher: War Zone, which features Ray Stevenson in the title role with supporting cast members including Dominic West and Julie Benz. Film is scheduled to premiere on December 5. Among Wandmacher's other upcoming films are My Bloody Valentine 3-D and Train.
Written by Mikael Carlsson at 11:54 PM

http://upcomingfilms...-war-zone.html

And, for whatever it's worth, on IMDB, someone named LaLaLandLovechild (hey, that's the name!) posted this:

I know his assistant. A big reason he got hired on this film is because he's a Punisher freak and wants the score to do the character some justice.

Nomad

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with Michael's work, though I'm happy to hear he's also scored or is scoring MBV for Patrick Lussier.
Sounds like LGF is high on him. As for "LaLaLandLovechild", this sounds somewhat legit as La La Land Records released Carlo Siliotto's score for the '04 Punisher film. I hope someone releases Franke's rejected score. MBV is (I'm hearing) set for a January opening so perhaps Wandmacher's first priority is Warzone. Now I'm going to have to go sample at Itunes.

Thanks for the tip Nomad.

- TB

#2074 Tim Bradstreet

Tim Bradstreet

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:12 AM

Michael Wandmacher's stuff is mostly electronic.
The vibe I felt was not unlike Bear McCreary's Battlestar Galactica work.
Samples are a bitch though, 30 seconds is so little and I'm not in a purchasing mood.
A lot of what I listened to sounded like underscore for the most part. I checked out Cry Wolf and The Killing Floor.
Still, samples never tell the whole story. There definitely seems to be some nice stuff in there though.
I'm not picking up a lot of bombastic tracks, it's more moody and atmospheric, which is good too.
The Punisher may bring the Tiger out of him.

- TB

#2075 Arsh

Arsh

DeathSpider Larva

• Old Guard
  • 475 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:25 AM

I love McCreary's score on BSG... if it's anything like that, I think I will be happy. Also, thanks to Nomad and Steve for the updates.
"In my dream the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people. Suddenly a small light glowed, a candle flickered into life. Symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed and blew it out."

#2076 Tim Bradstreet

Tim Bradstreet

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:54 AM

And I want Gainer's avatar!!!!!!

Jealously is such an unattractive trait.

But in the immortal words of Ash (not Bruce Campbell), "We're still collating" . . .

Which really has nothing to do with anything, it's just a line from the movie I remember.

OK, maybe sleep is a good idea.

- TB

#2077 Nomad

Nomad

DeathSpider Larva

• Old Guard
  • 274 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:02 AM

Speaking of avatars, I'm just doing this throw-away post to see if the avatar I just added is working.

Bugger. It's not! The personal photo in your profile is not the same as your avatar?

Nomad

#2078 Tim Bradstreet

Tim Bradstreet

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:07 AM

No, it works . . .
Is that Ruth Buzzi?

You ARE twisted.

- tb

#2079 Nomad

Nomad

DeathSpider Larva

• Old Guard
  • 274 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:15 AM

QUOTE(Tim Bradstreet @ Aug 16 2008, 02:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, it works . . .
Is that Ruth Buzzi?

You ARE twisted.

- tb

It works now. No! It's Titus Pullo (Ray Stevenson) and the lovely Gaia (Zuleikha Robinson) in their famous kitchen table scene. tongue.gif And of course I'm twisted! I'm a Punisher fan!

Nomad

#2080 Guest_FADoss_*

Guest_FADoss_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:39 AM

QUOTE(THOMAS LOGAN @ Aug 16 2008, 06:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
STEVE GAINER TO THE RESCUE!!!

-TL

So TL WASN'T RIGHT. smile.gif

Nomad,

Slow down there. Tom had the courage in this business to walk away from a film and burn some bridges in the process because he felt they were KILLING the character. You MAY be right that it's a completely different film, but like I tell TL, until we see it in Dec we won't know for sure, unless you can provide me with the script Jane walked from AND the shooting script at present.

I've heard folks say that the present script is unrecognizable. I've heard them say they changed a couple things. SO, until it comes out I'm not going to pretend to be smart on it. Look at STEVE'S recent post (you are a GODSEND and I still really want premier tickets tongue.gif) and look how quickly someone in the KNOW can call BULLSHIT with all these stupid rumors going around.

ON ANOTHER NOTE, I doubt we'll see Steve's post ANYWHERE on the "Truth" website. Isn't that called irony?

OH, and Arsh SUCKS for not liking War Journal. tongue.gif Take that fatty. smile.gif

Fred

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users