#1 nikbait

nikbait

DeathSpider Embryo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:outdoors, movies, family, friends

Posted 19 September 2007 - 03:36 PM

Hey all. My name is Tammy Smith, and I am a bigggg Thomas Jane fan:) I first saw him in Dreamcatcher, coulda sworn I was seeing Christopher lambert, but then didn't see his name in the credits, waited to see who's name it was pop up, sure enough, it was TOM:) Sorry Tom!!! Anyways, I have since bought the Punisher, Deep Blue Sea and can't wait to see the Mist! I am a Stephen King buff. ANYWAYS, I live in Idaho, am married with no kids. I am in school to get my nursing degree. I plan to go to Australia for my 31st birthday in 2009 because Steve Irwin is my hero, and I want to meet his family.
Well, just thought I'd introduce myself, some of you here will know me from the thomas jane yahoo groups as I know Jen is from there;) Hope to see Tom here reply soon!

take it easy folks

tammy
Crikey Mate! RIP Steve Irwin 1962-2006.

#2 Jen

Jen

RAW Keeper of the Faith

• Old Guard
  • 1,766 posts
  • Interests:Ummm...Tom Jane - oh, and music.

Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:22 PM

Hi Tammy, and everyone else who's here! biggrin.gif

Good idea to do an intro thread for the TJ section - although I think we have intro overkill with all the RAW Studios Forum sections combined! laugh.gif

Anyway, let's make this Tom-specific, so please feel free to introduce yourselves (possibly again), and reply to the following questions, if you like (sorry that my questionnaire isn't short 'n' sweet; I tend to ramble on, it seems):

Name:
When did you first become at fan of Tom's?
What are your favorite Tom-related films?
What future Tom-related project (comics/films) are you most anticipating?
In what film role to you like Tom best?
How much have you seen of his Filmography?

Ahhh...I could go on, but I'll stop for now and catch my breath... Cut 'n' paste with your replies please. smile.gif

Jen

Thomas Jane 2 Yahoo Group
http://groups.yahoo..../Thomas_Jane_2/
All Tom - all the time - photos, news, more!

Delusions Of Adequacy
http://www.adequacy.net/
Jen Stratosphere Fanzine - music writer

#3 Jen

Jen

RAW Keeper of the Faith

• Old Guard
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:31 PM

Ok, I just have to answer my own message right away! laugh.gif

Name: Jen
Your Interests (besides Tom, of course): Music - I have a music site and write album reviews and do band/singer interviews, etc...
When did you first become at fan of Tom's? I think it was when I saw Deep Blue Sea.
What are your favorite Tom-related films? Deep Blue Sea and Original Sin (so cheesily melodramatic!) - and The Punisher ONLY for Tom's performance (well, and certain scenes, like with The Russian).
What future Tom-related project (comics/films) are you most anticipating? I think it has to be Mutant Chronicles...and of course Dark Country.
In what film role to you like Tom best? Tricky...it depends if you want him in sweetheart mode, like in Molly or as a bad-ass, like in The Punisher, or conflicted like in Stander and 61*...
How much have you seen of his Filmography? I've seen all his work, except for that darn "High Tide" TV show episode and the 2 video games he voiced, and The Tripper - I'm waiting until it comes out on DVD.

Jen

Delusions Of Adequacy

#4 xNLx

xNLx

Mr. Sparkle

• Old Guard
  • 456 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 07:03 PM

Name: Shawn Ullom
Your Interests (besides Tom, of course): Well, I am a wrestling fan, that count?
When did you first become at fan of Tom's? After The Punisher, like a quite a few other comic junkies.
What are your favorite Tom-related films? Obviously Punisher, he was also damn cool in 61*
What future Tom-related project (comics/films) are you most anticipating? More Bad Planet, The Lurkers, and the Cal covers.
In what film role to you like Tom best? Honestly, I'd say I liked him best in Under Suspicion, Punisher is a close second with his character from Gun rounding out the third.
How much have you seen of his Filmography? Not everything, I would like to check out some of his earlier stuff to see how he's changed as an actor.
"There's two types of people,
Those with loaded guns, and those who dig.
YOU DIG."

#5 Jen

Jen

RAW Keeper of the Faith

• Old Guard
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE(xNLx @ Sep 21 2007, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Name: Shawn
How much have you seen of his Filmography? Not everything, I would like to check out some of his earlier stuff to see how he's changed as an actor.

Hey Shawn - I have to say that the two constants for Tom in his film roles are his focused intensity and his believability (please tell me I spell that right...). That's what's drawn me to him as an actor.

I mean, I'm not saying all his early work is "Art", but Tom is always very watchable, even in a small, thankless role in a stupid movie... laugh.gif

Jen

Delusions Of Adequacy

#6 mediumfan

mediumfan

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 07:07 PM

Name: Dawn
Location: Right now, Baltimore (Tom's hometown, yay) but it changes frequently (because of my job)
Your Interests (besides Tom, of course): I am a HUGE fan of Tom's wife, Patricia, and her show, Medium. I've seen almost her entire filmography and own most of them. I also like art, reading, cooking, and writing, also handicrafts like needlework and stuff.
When did you first become a fan of Tom's?
I first became a fan when I saw 61*, which is my favorite movie of his. I've since seen several movies that I didn't immediately recognize him in. Then I was like, "wait a minute, that's the same guy"
and I started watching more of his movies. Imagine my glee when he married my favorite actress! Yippee!

What are your favorite Tom-related films?
61*, Stander, Punisher, Deep Blue Sea

I can hardly wait for The Mist and Dark Country. Also, I've seen peeks at the Alien Pig Farm 3000 comics and they are great. I can't wait to get my hands on them. And Bad Planet, of course. Also I would love to have a collection of all the covers that Tim Bradstreet has done of him, both for Punisher and Criminal Macabre.

In what film role do you like Tom best?
Mickey Mantle in 61* or Andre Stander (he was awesome in that role)

How much have you seen of his Filmography?
Not as much as I would as I would like. I have several of his films, but I have quite a few to go before I can say I've seen them all.

Well, that's me. Nice to be here and to meet other TJ fans.

#7 Jen

Jen

RAW Keeper of the Faith

• Old Guard
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 10:55 AM

Hi Dawn - That's so cool that you're here and into Tom, as well as being a huge fan of Patricia Arquette's! smile.gif

Yes, isn't it amazing how he changes himself for each role so that you don't even realize it's him off the bat? Sign of a great actor, I think...

Anyway, nice to meet you! biggrin.gif

Jen

Delusions Of Adequacy

#8 mediumfan

mediumfan

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 05:27 PM

Thanks, Jen. It's great to be here and to have a place to chat with other fans of Thomas. I am also a member at a Patricia Arquette forum and we have a thread there dedicated to Thomas where we talk about him and his projects.

I was watching Face/Off recently and I knew Thomas was in the movie, but if I hadn't seen a picture of him, I would never have recognized him. It was so weird to see him looking like that. I had to look really closely to recognize him. That is one of the things that I think makes him a great actor.

I just wanted to add that I became a fan of Thomas' when I saw him in 61*, but I fell in love with him when I met him in person, because he was such a nice and genuine person. He took the time to chat with all the fans and take pictures, and he was so sweet when I was blabbering on about which of his movies I liked and stuff. I felt like such an idiot because I went to the theater, hoping to meet him, but not really expecting to, and I didn't have any pictures or anything for him to sign. But it was a last minute thing and I didn't have time to get any pics or anything to take with me. But I met and befriended David's assistant and he got me something to get Thomas and David's autograph on. It was just a piece of paper with the theater's letterhead on it, but Thomas was so nice and signed it for me anyway. He even offered to make it to me personally, and asked me how to spell my name so he'd be sure it was right.
Before I met him, I had heard the podcast on FatFreeFilm, and some comments from posters on other boards, and I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was happy to find that he was a really nice guy who took the time to meet and chat with each fan and treated each of them as if they were the only person in the room. He made my day, my week, and my year. And when I asked him to give a message to his wife, he said he'd be happy to deliver it personally.
And that's why I love him.

Mediumfan

#9 THOMAS LOGAN

THOMAS LOGAN

4 months to go...

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 11:57 AM

POST DELETED

#10 Guest_FADoss_*

Guest_FADoss_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:55 PM

http://rawstudios.in...p?showtopic=116

I kind of did this here, hoping to strike up conversations with other actors...

In the format provided though...

Name: Frederic Doss
Your Interests (besides Tom, of course): Acting, gaming, martial arts, guns, my wife and daughter, comics
When did you first become at fan of Tom's? I first noticed him in "The Sweetest Thing" believe it or not. Then "Dreamcatcher". "Punisher" was cool. When I first became a fan though was when I found out about this site and his ties to the comic world.
What are your favorite Tom-related films? Face/Off was good...as was Under Suspicion. I loved Original Sin, The Sweetest Thing, Dreamcatcher, Stander and The Punisher as well.
In what film role to you like Tom best? Frank Castle...so far.
How much have you seen of his Filmography? Of 26 films that have been released and are listed on imdb, I've seen 13. I only really remember Tom's performance in films since "The Sweetest Thing" though...about 4.

#11 nikbait

nikbait

DeathSpider Embryo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE(THOMAS LOGAN @ Oct 5 2007, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For a more detailed introduction (pic included), check out the one I left at the "Raw Studios" section.

Name: Thomas Logan
My Interests: Film/Acting/Writing, Bodybuilding, Boxing (boxed for 4 1/2 years).
When Did I first Become A Fan Of TJ's: Watched Thursday on dvd back in 2000.
What Are My Favorite TJ related films: The Punisher, Thursday and Stander are the top three.
What Future Project of TJ's Am I most Anticipating: Killshot. For now. I just hope he dukes it out with Mickey.
In What Film Role Did I like TJ best as: As far as I'm concerned, TJ will ALWAYS be the cinematic incarnation of Frank Castle. Make no mistake Punisher fans.
Clint Eastwood is Harry Callahan. Steve McQueen is Frank Bullit. Thomas Jane is Francis Castle Jr.
How much of his filmography have I seen: I myself haven't seen that High Tide episode. And I dont think they sell that Indian movie.
-TL

Do you mean The Indian Runner? I have it, I think I got it off ebay or amazon. You just gotta know where to look.

#12 mediumfan

mediumfan

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE(nikbait @ Nov 3 2007, 02:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you mean The Indian Runner? I have it, I think I got it off ebay or amazon. You just gotta know where to look.

No, I think he's talking about the Indian movie that Thomas did at the beginning of his career, which was filmed in India.

The Indian Runner (which is a great movie, by the way) stars Thomas' lovely wife, Patricia Arquette, early in her career, and one of the best films of her career.

Viggo Mortensen, David Morse, Charles Bronson, and Patricia Arquette, all in a movie directed by Sean Penn. How much better does it get, I ask you?

mediumfan

#13 THOMAS LOGAN

THOMAS LOGAN

4 months to go...

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:07 PM

Nikbait, I was referring to Padamati Sandhya Ragam (thank you MFAN) - the Calcuttan film TJ debuted in some 20 years ago. The Indian Runner is a GREAT film. I've seen it several times. I'm looking forward to the Kite Runner, written by David Benioff (X-Men Origins: Wolverine). Hopefully that old TJ film will be released on dvd at some point. Hopefully even on Blu-Ray. I have to buy two of everything now.

-TL

#14 nikbait

nikbait

DeathSpider Embryo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE(THOMAS LOGAN @ Nov 2 2007, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nikbait, I was referring to Padamati Sandhya Ragam (thank you MFAN) - the Calcuttan film TJ debuted in some 20 years ago. The Indian Runner is a GREAT film. I've seen it several times. I'm looking forward to the Kite Runner, written by David Benioff (X-Men Origins: Wolverine). Hopefully that old TJ film will be released on dvd at some point. Hopefully even on Blu-Ray. I have to buy two of everything now.

-TL

Ohh ok, I never knew about that old movie!

#15 Jen

Jen

RAW Keeper of the Faith

• Old Guard
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 10:31 AM

Actually, Padamati Sandya Ragam is sold on DVD, but you may have to go to an Indian-run video store to buy a copy. It seems like if you ask other sales people about it, they just give you a funny look and say it's not available...that's been my experience at least. laugh.gif

Jen

Delusions Of Adequacy

#16 THOMAS LOGAN

THOMAS LOGAN

4 months to go...

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 10:54 AM

Where is there an Indian-run video store? NYC? LA?

-TL

#17 nikbait

nikbait

DeathSpider Embryo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE(THOMAS LOGAN @ Nov 3 2007, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where is there an Indian-run video store? NYC? LA?

-TL

Yeah no kidding! I definitely know there aren't any near me! Sounds like I need to find this movie:)

#18 irish46

irish46

pencil butcher

• Old Guard
  • 1,120 posts
  • Interests:horror, zombies, westerns, action, adventure, zombies, comics, zombies, movies, tv, zombies, reading, hanging out with my brother Noeland...did I say zombies?

Posted 03 November 2007 - 11:07 AM

Try here, $8.99

http://www.anytamil....p...elugu&t=vcd

#19 nikbait

nikbait

DeathSpider Embryo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE(irish46 @ Nov 3 2007, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have no clue what that site says!!

#20 irish46

irish46

pencil butcher

• Old Guard
  • 1,120 posts
  • Interests:horror, zombies, westerns, action, adventure, zombies, comics, zombies, movies, tv, zombies, reading, hanging out with my brother Noeland...did I say zombies?

Posted 03 November 2007 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE(nikbait @ Nov 3 2007, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have no clue what that site says!!

Hmmmm, reads fine on mine. But the video you are looking for is the 2nd video cd down on the page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users