• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Adam Stines

Adam Stines

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Comic Books,Drag Racing,Muscle cars,Guns,Guns,Guns.Movies,My Family,Videogames,BBQ's and the good things in life..

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:09 AM

Tony Scott commited suicide this past sunday,Man I can't imagine a world without Tony Scott films his style was unmatched..Such a tragedy.I wonder was he sick? or something, what would lead him to do this..Well my prayers go out too Ridley and the Scott family members who have too battle making sense of this themselves..Totally sucks.

#2 sunshine

sunshine

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:Film, music, photography and art...

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:49 AM

So tragic :(... I couldn't believe it when I read it that it was a suicide? Very sad...and my heart goes out to the families...

My favs of his work were "Revenge" and "True Romance"...

#3 Adam Stines

Adam Stines

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Comic Books,Drag Racing,Muscle cars,Guns,Guns,Guns.Movies,My Family,Videogames,BBQ's and the good things in life..

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:46 AM

The Last Boy Scout, and True Romance for me..I don't think anyone can really fill his shoes when it comes too good ole' fashioned fun movies with lot's of style and rockstar flair!..Gonna be missed for sure!.Sucks..

#4 Adam Stines

Adam Stines

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:13 AM

Brain Cancer......................He was'nt left with many options..I may have made the same choice..At least he made it on his terms.Have too respect that.godspeed Tony.

#5 Padre

Padre

DeathSpider Larva

• Old Guard
  • 349 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:22 AM

Very shocking and sad news. R.I.P sir.

#6 Gordon Rupe

Gordon Rupe

Mud Whistle

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Reading,Movies,Learning What I can When I Can.
    I am very interested in current affairs, so when I do go on a rant, I tend to sound like a hybrid of George Carlin and Eddie Izzard...

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

I am quite sure that if I was told I had any kind of cancer, I would go out my way...as I am sure he went out his.
Gordon

#7 JWeber

JWeber

Call him GILGAMESH!

• Administrators
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:23 PM

I'm with Sunshine, Revenge and True Romance are my favorite, hands down. Revenge always seems to be overlooked, but it is a classic in everyway. What I really like about Scott's style is that he found a way to make popcorn films that had grit.

Details of the note have not been released, but information that he had inoperable brain cancer has been hitting the news stations. My heart goes out to his family, and selfishly, I'm crushed that I will not be able to see a new Tony Scott film again.

#8 Noeland

Noeland

Loyal Order of RAW

• Root Admin
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:49 PM

Looks like ABC jumped the gun and the news about his cancer is untrue. His wife made a statement today that he did not have cancer.

Whatever the case, the news of his passing has just floored me. He was one of my favorite film makers, and by all accounts a pretty great guy, good father, and pleasure to work with.

#9 Adam Stines

Adam Stines

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:31 PM

WTF?...Really..

#10 indieflick_chick90

indieflick_chick90

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:Making movies, writing scripts, acting, watching independent movies, and spending time with my family.

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:50 AM

R.I.P. Tony Scott

Shocking. Very sad that the life of a brilliant producer & director who spent years entertaining many ended in a devastating tragedy.

#11 jayesse8

jayesse8

DeathSpider Pupa

• Old Guard
  • 655 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

I was gobsmacked when I read this, genuinely saddened - his work will always be its own visual genre in my mind's eye that I grew up on.

For me, it was The Hunger, Crimson Tide, Man on Fire - I was watching Unstoppable when I read the news of his death - and his TV work.

RIP Mr. Tony Scott

You will be missed.

#12 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:I love cooking, gardening reading stephen king books. And am a supporter of breast cancer awareness and the alzheimer awareness funds.I also like to go to clubs to dance when I have the chance to.

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

It was truely sad news to hear. Everything he has ever done I have liked. Especially The taking of Pelham 1,2,3. and Enemy of the state. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and good friends.

#13 Noeland

Noeland

Loyal Order of RAW

• Root Admin
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

I watched True Romance again tonight. I haven't watched it in a long time. Going to watch The Last Boy Scout over the weekend too.

#14 Adam Stines

Adam Stines

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:34 AM

The last boy scout now thats a bitchin flick!

#15 Noeland

Noeland

Loyal Order of RAW

• Root Admin
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:04 AM

The umbrella joke still cracks me up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users