• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 bellisx13

bellisx13

Mud Whistle

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:30 PM

Hi everyone, RAW meat here, I've been having a bit of trouble posting stuff but hopefully this one does the trick.
Great stuff in this thread and its an honor to be able to show some of my works to you guys.

These are some original painted pages from my indie book "Ross Wellington". It's an indie Sci Fi/Crime Noir/Horror book
and I thought the RAW members might appreciate the story. If you dig what you see you can read the book for free on our site
http://www.rosswellington.com

beyond that you can find some more of my randomn works/sculptures/halloween costumes here - http://imgur.com/a/vIwYU

I hope you guys enjoy. regards,

Brian

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 JWeber

JWeber

Call him GILGAMESH!

• Administrators
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:49 PM

Hey, you got it to work! Sorry for the troubles. This looks neat. Going to read it tomorrow.

#3 bellisx13

bellisx13

Mud Whistle

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:33 PM

hey thanks. yeah, i'd been trying everything under the sun to get a post up but no luck...until today.
not sure why it worked this time but it did. still no luck with changing my profile pic though. maybe one day.

#4 Blondielox

Blondielox

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Location:The Bay Area, California, US of A, Earth, Milky Way.
  • Interests:Good food. Fast machines. Music. Film..... and of course, genuine, bonafide, real-deal, true Good Girl Art.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:55 PM

Me likey.

#5 bellisx13

bellisx13

Mud Whistle

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:42 AM

well, thanky. and here is some good girl/bad girl art from the book as well for you to enjoy. this was a small valentines day card i did for our readers this year.
also one of our comic con flyers featuring the lovely camilla rose.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 JWeber

JWeber

Call him GILGAMESH!

• Administrators
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:36 AM

Just read the first issue. I really dug it. Pretty cool look and feel to it. Kind of like Sam Spade with a Rosewell flavor to it. Is this only available digitally, or are there hard copies out there?

#7 bellisx13

bellisx13

Mud Whistle

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:39 AM

thanks a bunch. the only hard copies we have are the ones we printed to submit to publishers. while we did receive great reviews from each
of them unfortunately they all say this book doesn't fit their company's profile. so we just said screw it and released it digitally for free. i know it's
not the most ideal method of viewing comics but for now it's out most economical solution. thanks again for checking it out.

#8 JWeber

JWeber

Call him GILGAMESH!

• Administrators
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:36 AM

I hope this takes off for you. It was a lot of fun. Have you tried one of the online digital companies as a way to sell it?

#9 bellisx13

bellisx13

Mud Whistle

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

thanks again. while i like the idea of selling the book and getting some form of pay for all the time i put into it, i just feel like asking people to gamble on an unknown writer/artist would limit our readership and that's definitely not what we want. and in my opinion that small amount of money wouldn't be worth the limitation of readers. but for now i decided to hit pause on the book after issue 4 because without a publisher i just don't have the time anymore outside of my professional career to produce an entire series for free but someday it would be nice to wrap up the final 8 issues. until then i have several other projects in the works that i can't wait to release.

#10 indieflick_chick90

indieflick_chick90

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,316 posts
  • Interests:Making movies, writing scripts, acting, watching independent movies, and spending time with my family.

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:34 PM

I read the first issue of Ross Wellington. This series is really interesting. Impressive work -- I love it! :D

I think releasing content, such as comics, online to be viewed for free is an excellent strategy. I know an artist & writer who do the same thing; I believe they do it for the same reasons as you. It just makes more sense to want to reach a wider audience anyway possible, and I hope you do. Well, you just gained me as a fan.

I look forward to reading more about Ross (great character) & the others.

#11 bellisx13

bellisx13

Mud Whistle

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:09 PM

hey thank you very much. would love to hear back from you & your thoughts on the series after you finish the issues. thanks again.

#12 indieflick_chick90

indieflick_chick90

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,316 posts
  • Interests:Making movies, writing scripts, acting, watching independent movies, and spending time with my family.

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

hey thank you very much. would love to hear back from you & your thoughts on the series after you finish the issues. thanks again.

My pleasure. I finished reading the series. I really love it! Ross is my favorite character. He's intelligent and kind; he keeps remembering people, which certainly strikes up my interest. But the other characters are interesting, as well. That Vitucci is a bad man; he makes me nervous. I wouldn't enjoy dinner with the man, even without a gun on the table. I was surprised to see Hector turn up and then get lost, again. Poor Ross. He can’t keep track of everyone when he’s busy getting knocked out by someone.

I don’t understand how Milena can care for Hank. His drunkenness isn’t a reason to beat on her. I suspected her being entangled in a risky profession. She should’ve left with Ross.

I love the images of the train; I especially love when you see Ross’s silhouette as he’s trying to make the train and there’s that flash of light. I also love when any image is B & W with a highlight of light blue.

It’s a shame Ross didn’t get to meet up with Camilla. His love for her is endearing.

Talk about a cliffhanger! Thank you for the explanation at the end! I’ll be waiting for those other 8 issues.

Feel free to take your time, and make the Ross Wellington series the way you want.

Keep us posted.

Best of luck! :)

#13 bellisx13

bellisx13

Mud Whistle

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:41 PM

wow. thank you very much for your words. it's quite rare that we actually hear feedback from readers and it really means the world to me and the co creator mark. we have been discussing the best route forward for the rest of the series because we think it's one hell of a ride for the last 8 issues.

thanks again for your review and please pass the word on to anyone you think would enjoy the book.

regards,

mr.ellis

#14 Tony Cal

Tony Cal

Mud Whistle

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Comic books, Movies, Reading, Writing short stories or comic scripts, Drinking beer, slaying zombies and much more.

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

Very unique style. I dig it!
Writer for Comic Booked
My Twitter

#15 bellisx13

bellisx13

Mud Whistle

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:03 PM

thank you sir.

0 user(s) are reading this topic