Photo

THE LYCAN - OFFICIAL

The Lycan Mike Carey Sean OConnor Tim Bradstreet Thomas Jane Werewolf Raw Studios

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Tim Bradstreet

Tim Bradstreet

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 3,170 posts
  • Interests:Illustration, Graphic Design, Production Design, Film Scores, Film.

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

The Lycan is a project that we've been working on and off of behind the scenes for about 5 years now.
Like any project that takes a while to percolate and boil over into existence there are growing pains that go with the territory.

We had a writer friend come on and off the book, we've had 4 different artists sign on only to sign back off, as well as the normal amounts of developmental hiccups that occur along the way.
Most recently we pulled British artist Liam Sharp into the fold only to have him drop out on us when he was handed the opportunity of a lifetime with his business partners - to launch their long-developed comics experience Madefire.

For the last 7 months Tom and I have been searching for the right artist and trying out potential talent. It all came down to two very talented fellas. The guy that didn't get the gig will still become known around here because we love his stuff. I think we'll see an Alien Worlds story from him in the not too distant future ;) The guy who won-out and took Lycan by the throat is artist SEAN O'CONNOR, who also hails from Great Britain. He's currently working on pages after a lengthy mission to conceptualize key elements of The Lycan.

Here's an ad that we're dropping in our about to be released books, Bad Planet Vol.2 part 1, and the Dark Country GN.
This features a bit of Sean's work and I'm sure you'll agree that his work is amazing.

Posted Image

The Lycan is a 6-issue series written by Eisner Award winner Mike Carey, illustrated by O'Connor, and will be colored by the amazing Grant Goleash.
The book is currently (finally) in active production, so look for the first issue to become available late this year.

The year is 1807. Six of the greatest hunters in the world are led by the greatest of them all, Absalom Coffin.
In a driving squall amidst heavy seas they are forced to seek shelter in the port of a small island off the coast of Scotland.
There they discover a kingdom in deadly peril, locked in the grip of a terror that will test the hunter's skills to the utmost, and challenge their sanity to the edge of reason.
All fear THE LYCAN -

More sneak peeks on the way soon, and stand by for further surprises and announcements!
You won't want to miss this one.

- TB

#2 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • Interests:I love cooking, gardening reading stephen king books. And am a supporter of breast cancer awareness and the alzheimer awareness funds.I also like to go to clubs to dance when I have the chance to.

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

The Lycan is a project that we've been working on and off of behind the scenes for about 5 years now.
Like any project that takes a while to percolate and boil over into existence there are growing pains that go with the territory.

We had a writer friend come on and off the book, we've had 4 different artists sign on only to sign back off, as well as the normal amounts of developmental hiccups that occur along the way.
Most recently we pulled British artist Liam Sharp into the fold only to have him drop out on us when he was handed the opportunity of a lifetime with his business partners - to launch their long-developed comics experience Madefire.

For the last 7 months Tom and I have been searching for the right artist and trying out potential talent. It all came down to two very talented fellas. The guy that didn't get the gig will still become known around here because we love his stuff. I think we'll see an Alien Worlds story from him in the not too distant future ;) The guy who won-out and took Lycan by the throat is artist SEAN O'CONNOR, who also hails from Great Britain. He's currently working on pages after a lengthy mission to conceptualize key elements of The Lycan.

Here's an ad that we're dropping in our about to be released books, Bad Planet Vol.2 part 1, and the Dark Country GN.
This features a bit of Sean's work and I'm sure you'll agree that his work is amazing.

Posted Image

The Lycan is a 6-issue series written by Eisner Award winner Mike Carey, illustrated by O'Connor, and will be colored by the amazing Grant Goleash.
The book is currently (finally) in active production, so look for the first issue to become available late this year.

The year is 1807. Six of the greatest hunters in the world are led by the greatest of them all, Absalom Coffin.
In a driving squall amidst heavy seas they are forced to seek shelter in the port of a small island off the coast of Scotland.
There they discover a kingdom in deadly peril, locked in the grip of a terror that will test the hunter's skills to the utmost, and challenge their sanity to the edge of reason.
All fear THE LYCAN -

More sneak peeks on the way soon, and stand by for further surprises and announcements!
You won't want to miss this one.

- TB

Quick question for you are they going to make a movie out of it. I had heard awhile back that they were. Just asking hope you don't get mad.

#3 Tim Bradstreet

Tim Bradstreet

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

No reason to get mad, silly ;)

The Lycan is specifically designed to make a great film too. So yeah, we have our sites set on that.
But first thing's first - We're absolutely dedicated to making the comics.
We've got a great story, we've got Mike Carey, and now we have an amazing illustrator with Sean O'Connor.
The Lycan is going to be an amazing experience on paper before we ever ramp up a film adaptation ;)
That shit takes forever to get developed and financed so right now we're just having fun and making comics, which is truly rewarding.

Can't wait to show off some pages!

- TB

#4 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • Interests:I love cooking, gardening reading stephen king books. And am a supporter of breast cancer awareness and the alzheimer awareness funds.I also like to go to clubs to dance when I have the chance to.

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

No reason to get mad, silly ;)

The Lycan is specifically designed to make a great film too. So yeah, we have our sites set on that.
But first thing's first - We're absolutely dedicated to making the comics.
We've got a great story, we've got Mike Carey, and now we have an amazing illustrator with Sean O'Connor.
The Lycan is going to be an amazing experience on paper before we ever ramp up a film adaptation ;)
That shit takes forever to get developed and financed so right now we're just having fun and making comics, which is truly rewarding.

Can't wait to show off some pages!

- TB

Hey thanks for answering me. And I can't wait for you to show off some of the pages. It sounds totally excellent. See I this is the only way I can see or hear about anything to due with any of the comics. Number one cuz I live in Ohio and number two the job I do I just can't leave. Thats why I love this web site cuz I can see and hear about everything thats going on. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#5 JWeber

JWeber

Call him GILGAMESH!

• Administrators
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:14 AM

Sean's work looks pretty damn good. It's a shame about Liam, his teaser was amazing, but Sean's work looks pretty amazing as well.

#6 Tim Bradstreet

Tim Bradstreet

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

Oh yeah! Sean's stuff is gonna blow us all away ;)
Can't wait to show off more stuff.
More soon!

- TB

#7 AdminGuyX

AdminGuyX

Loyal Order of RAW

• Root Admin
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

Looks fantastic. MORE!! MORE!!

:)

We've been waiting a long time for this one Tim.

#8 indieflick_chick90

indieflick_chick90

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,319 posts
  • Interests:Making movies, writing scripts, acting, watching independent movies, and spending time with my family.

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

Thanks for the updates, Tim! I'm pleased to know that The Lycan is moving forward. You guys always strive to get the jobs done efficiently, & your hard work shows in the end results. You never disappoint us! :D

#9 Tim Bradstreet

Tim Bradstreet

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

Awesome - Glad you all are getting as excited as we are.
It's still a while before the book is available but at least we're getting out of the blocks very positively :)

I'll be posting more sneak peeks as I get the goods, but I also think it might be cool to show off some of Sean's conceptual stuff.
Stand by for that -

TB

#10 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

Awesome - Glad you all are getting as excited as we are.
It's still a while before the book is available but at least we're getting out of the blocks very positively :)

I'll be posting more sneak peeks as I get the goods, but I also think it might be cool to show off some of Sean's conceptual stuff.
Stand by for that -

TB

I am getting excited about it. Can't wait to see more of it. You guys are excellent.

#11 JWeber

JWeber

Call him GILGAMESH!

• Administrators
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

Not to take anything away from Sean's work, but will Liam's work pop up in the trade? I liked all the extras in the Bad Planet trade.

#12 10grant

10grant

Mud Whistle

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:31 AM

Any news on The Lycan?

#13 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:25 PM

Is he going to do the Lycan or not? Just curious.

#14 Tim Bradstreet

Tim Bradstreet

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:46 PM

Is he going to do the Lycan or not? Just curious.

Is who going to do the Lycan?

Here's a little update. Sean O'Connor is working away on the first issue pages.
Tom and I could not be more pleased with the work he's doing. We set the bar high and he's exceeding expectations with every page.
I'll toss up a few previews sometime real soon!
Stand by ;)

- TB

#15 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:46 PM

Is who going to do the Lycan?

Here's a little update. Sean O'Connor is working away on the first issue pages.
Tom and I could not be more pleased with the work he's doing. We set the bar high and he's exceeding expectations with every page.
I'll toss up a few previews sometime real soon!
Stand by ;)

- TB

Never mind I was having a airhead moment. Got my answer. :D

#16 Tim Bradstreet

Tim Bradstreet

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

Not to take anything away from Sean's work, but will Liam's work pop up in the trade? I liked all the extras in the Bad Planet trade.

Liam really only did a couple finished pieces, that pic we used for first Lycan ad and the first page of the series (which is sweet).
You can bet that stuff will be in the collection ;)

- tb

#17 Tim Bradstreet

Tim Bradstreet

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

Hey folks -Sorry for keeping you in suspense so long. I think it's high time to share more of the art of Sean O'Connor that Tom and I are so tickled over.
As you know, finding an artist for The Lycan was a difficult hunt (no pun intended) . . . (OK, intended).
We looked at a bunch of talent and then we finally landed on Liam Sharp, an extremely talented bloke and definitely one of our RAW brother's in arms.
YES, Liam had to leave to pursue the awesomeness that IS Madefire. We tried out several more artists and whittled that down to 2.

It was a difficult decision but the work of Sean O'Connor really shined and it became evident that he HAD to be the guy.
Since we officially brought him on board he has continued to blow us away with everything he turns in.
And with that, it's time to show you why we think we're going to have a very special series with The Lycan . . .

THIS is page 1 from issue #1
Posted Image

Yeah, Holy Crap!

This is page 11 - Not skipping to show you the best stuff, Sean's just in different stages of finish on the pages and these were the first two completed ;)
Posted Image

Egads, this guy is good!!!

These are some various sketches Sean did for Lycan pre-viz. We just had to share some of them. Yowza!
Head sketches of some of the principle characters -
Posted Image

This is Siayed One of our main characters -
Posted Image

Here's one of the concept illustrations working out the costuming of the Nuns. Nuns? Oh yeah. You'll see what I'm sayin' soon enough.
Posted Image

And more sketches of our principle cast -
Posted Image

Hope you all dig this little sneak peek. We'll be showing off more art soon!
- TB

#18 Mike V

Mike V

Jaded? Angry? Or just sick of the bullshit?

• Old Guard
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:32 AM

If you aren't alreadyt doing it, I think the best idea is to release it in black and white. Seeing those pages just tells me that that's how the comic should be read.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

#19 Tim Bradstreet

Tim Bradstreet

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:42 PM

Grant Goleash will color with a spare 'period-like' palette. Lotta earth-tones, with cool tones where applicable.
This particular gig is in Grant's Wheelhouse. His work is subtle and he's taking special care not to 'step on' the line art.
You know we love to do black and white editions so never fear. I smell a black and white oversized hardcover collection in The Lycan's future ;)

- TB

#20 crazylace54

crazylace54

DeathSpider Embryo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:15 PM

The art work is incredible, can't wait to see more1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Lycan, Mike Carey, Sean OConnor, Tim Bradstreet, Thomas Jane, Werewolf, Raw Studios

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users