THE THREE STOOGES

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 indieflick_chick90

indieflick_chick90

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,335 posts
  • Interests:Making movies, writing scripts, acting, watching independent movies, and spending time with my family.

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:13 PM

The Three Stooges movie features Sean Hayes as Larry, Will Sasso as Curly, & Chris Diamantopoulos as Moe (he’s uncanny).

It also stars Jane Lynch, Larry David, Sofia Vergara, Stephen Collins, & Craig Bierko.

Here are Official Trailers #1 & #2:

This movie has been on my must-see list for quite some time. I can’t wait to see it!

Coming Soon -- April 13th Nyuck, Nyuck, Nyuck! :D

#2 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:I love cooking, gardening reading stephen king books. And am a supporter of breast cancer awareness and the alzheimer awareness funds.I also like to go to clubs to dance when I have the chance to.

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

My one brother was so excited about this. It comes out on his b-day and thats what he told my sister-in-law he wants to go see. Of course my sister-in-law rolled her eyes at him. My brother is a real fan of them. I think I might go see it to.

#3 Mike V

Mike V

Jaded? Angry? Or just sick of the bullshit?

• Old Guard
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

Looks like dog shit.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

#4 indieflick_chick90

indieflick_chick90

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,335 posts
  • Interests:Making movies, writing scripts, acting, watching independent movies, and spending time with my family.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

My one brother was so excited about this. It comes out on his b-day and thats what he told my sister-in-law he wants to go see. Of course my sister-in-law rolled her eyes at him. My brother is a real fan of them. I think I might go see it to.

Well, that’s going to be a great gift for your brother. :D You should definitely go see it, too. Everyone should. C'mon, people! Let The Stooges break The Hunger Games' records (in a perfect world, it'd happen)!

A lot of people are criticizing The Three Stooges movie. Before they’ve seen it. :huh:

Check Out Behind the Scenes Footage:

#5 jayesse8

jayesse8

DeathSpider Pupa

• Old Guard
  • 655 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

Why is it that I feel like I heard about this movie a LOOONG time ago? Was the release delayed or am I being confused by a TV version?

And didn't Chris Diamantopoulos play Robin Williams in a TV movie? I couldn't find the title in his imdb-ography.

#6 Mike V

Mike V

Jaded? Angry? Or just sick of the bullshit?

• Old Guard
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

This movie has been threatened for a while, originally there was talk that Benicio del Toro - Moe, Sean Penn - Larry, and Jim Carrey - Curly. That would have been kinda interesting to see, out of morbid curiosity, now that it's coming out not so much.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

#7 Noeland

Noeland

Loyal Order of RAW

• Root Admin
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

I'm just not interested in imitations/impressions of the original stooges. At all. I think I'd rather see 3 new persona's created to carry on the name with these new actors, keeping the slapstick violence, etc. Give me something creative and interesting that includes the original stooges in the story, instead of just this nonsense.

#8 jayesse8

jayesse8

DeathSpider Pupa

• Old Guard
  • 655 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

MIke's cast list and Noeland's post made me imagine some chingon-badass Robert Rodriguez re-imaged version of the Stooges starring Freddy Rodriguez, Carlos Gallardo, and the one-and-only Danny Trejo ... now, there's a Stooges movie I wanna see!!! :D

#9 xNLx

xNLx

Mr. Sparkle

• Old Guard
  • 456 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:08 AM

They look pretty damn close to the original Stooges, but the movie just looks incredibly terrible.
"There's two types of people,
Those with loaded guns, and those who dig.
YOU DIG."

#10 indieflick_chick90

indieflick_chick90

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:47 AM

Why is it that I feel like I heard about this movie a LOOONG time ago? Was the release delayed or am I being confused by a TV version?

And didn't Chris Diamantopoulos play Robin Williams in a TV movie? I couldn't find the title in his imdb-ography.

Yes, Chris Diamantopoulos portrayed Robin Williams in the TV movie Behind The Camera: The Unauthorized Story of ’Mork & Mindy.’ He’s done a lot of TV, including playing a role on the final season of 24. More recently he’s appeared on Up All Night. I don’t know if anyone has watched this show, but his character Julian is the most original character on TV today. Oh, and he's also the one in those commercials for Charles Schwab. He’s such a talented actor and a really kind man; he truly appreciates his fans. :)

It certainly has been a long road to seeing this movie finally happen. While I might have still wanted to see it had Jim Carrey, Sean Penn, & Benicio del Torro starred as The Stooges, I can promise you I wouldn’t be nearly this excited. For a Stooge movie, I don’t want a bunch of guys claiming to be Larry, Curly, & Moe without acting like them. It’d be like, “Why not call it something else?”. I want to see the closest interpretation as possible, which Hayes, Sasso, & Diamantopoulos have succeeding in doing. It’s going to be fun seeing it.

Here’s a funny interview w/ THE THREE STOOGES:

#11 indieflick_chick90

indieflick_chick90

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

Cast Interviews:

SEAN HAYES

WILL SASSO

#12 indieflick_chick90

indieflick_chick90

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

Cast Interviews:

CHRIS DIAMANTOPOULOS

CRAIG BIERKO

#13 Esco

Esco

DeathSpider Larva

• Old Guard
  • 328 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Reading/Writing, Music, Film, Art of any kind. The Truth. Alan Watts. John Trudell.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

I will see this flick for one reason. Kate fricking Upton. Goddamnit.

#14 indieflick_chick90

indieflick_chick90

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

In The Three Stooges Sean Hayes, Will Sasso, & Chris Diamantopoulos perfectly portray Larry, Curly, & Moe. These talented actors revived the spirit of slapstick comedy for every generation to enjoy. Bravo, gentleman!

My Review including SPOILERS!:

Hilarity ensues from beginning to middle to end; I laughed so hard & hearty during every Stooge scene. We see the Stooges as babies, then as kids, maintaining the same appearances throughout their lives. It’s nice to get to see how their friendship started and blossomed into a strong bond like no other. You can tell they care about each other. It’s heartbreaking, yet understandable, to see Moe get adopted only to return back to the orphanage, because he doesn’t want to leave his buddies behind. They truly are his real family.

When we get to see the Stooges grown up, though kids at heart, and still living at the orphanage (too funny), there rarely is a moment from this point on that I don’t have tears in my eyes from laughing incessantly. I love their sleeping arrangements & snoring patterns, their farming styles, hospital disguises (Curly & Moe look pretty in long hair and lipstick), uses of babies as weapons, forms of transportation (three seater bike, leashed poodles) & countless other oddities of Stooge essence. :-)

When the orphanage needs money, the Stooges are willing to step in & help get the money by doing anything. Anything. They only need $830,000 in a month (ha ha). The Stooges have always wanted to work, even if their efforts don’t go according to plan. Bobby & Peter Farrelly keep this tradition alive, as well as, many other comical delights.

Looking from Larry to Curly to Moe, I had an enormous amount of fun watching these guys act & react to slaps, eye pokes, hair tugs, nudges, etc. One of the best scenes that wonderfully showcases the Stooge behavior is when all three are unknowingly standing on a stage. The complete interaction by hitting each other, avoiding getting hit, then getting struck by someone or something else is choreographed humorously and professionally.

When the Stooges aren’t onscreen , I’d find myself laughing at everyone else. Larry David as a nun is outrageously funny; he never liked Larry, Curly, and Moe; he only sees them as morons who end up causing more trouble and hurting those they encounter, especially him. Ouch! Jane Lynch is funny as always; her love for each of the children, including the Stooges, is beautiful. She doesn’t want them to feel worse about themselves, so she protects them from the truth, which is so sweet of her.

Stephen Collins is amazing. I believe his Mr. Harter is a good man, even when he leaves Moe behind at the orphanage. I laughed the second he popped on the screen as a young man; I’ve never seen him have that look. He looks much better when we later see him older. :) He’s a lawyer who wants to sue, sue, & sue; I still don’t think he’s a bad guy. Boy was I wrong!

Craig Bierko. Oh. My. Goodness! This man is a comedy God! Bierko’s good at playing the mischievous lover. & he sure takes a beating. While the Stooges escape dangerous accidents without any scrapes or scratches, Bierko’s Mac gets hurt. A lot. It’s hysterical. He gets hit by a bus & goes flying; he survives. He ends up in a body cast. “He’s turtlin'.” We can’t forget his run in with a lion. “Penguins?” Nope. A lion. When he shows up with a huge scratch on his face at the anniversary party, I can’t help but want him to utter, “You should see the other guy.” ;) Bierko proves he doesn’t care about his looks. Those teeth! :D I couldn’t take my eyes off of him, especially when his eyes bulge out of his head.

Larry: Sean Hayes does a terrific job playing Larry. Not only does he have the famous hair and memorable voice, he has the personality, too. The orphanage needs more...boogers? No problem. Larry can help with that. He’s educational; I didn’t know that Dolphins love peanuts. & when the Dolphin can’t breathe, Larry’s up for doing the Heineken maneuver. Donuts stuck in your ears? Leave it to Larry to find you a “Donut Remover.” He can’t drive a Standard Poodle, but he’s willing to wirk for the money. He’ll even help water the salmon on the golf course. Man, I love him. He’s a great character, and Sean Hayes brilliantly brings dimwitted Larry to life.

Curly: Will Sasso is the Curly package. He looks, sounds, acts, & thinks just like the original. That high, baby voice makes you wanna hug him. He’d let ya, too; he’s polite. Just don’t get too close to upset him; he may start growling and snarling at you. Tweet does sound like treat and an iPhone sounds like a device for your eye. A fancy party won’t stop Curly from being Curly; he drinks the punch by drinking from the punch bowl. Where’s his manners? Pinkies up. Better. :) He breaks the tension under water by breaking wind. When I first found out that Sasso would be playing Curly, he was the one I could easily picture as this famous Stooge. He wore a Bowler Derby hat - Yes! Is Will Sasso a superb Curly? Soitenly! Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

Moe: Chris Diamantopoulos is Moe. It’s uncanny. All of his Stooge homework has paid off. He masters the voice, facial expressions, stance, and walk as the leader of the group. Plus, he makes that bowl haircut look stylish. ;) With every jab, both physically and verbally, Diamantopoulos’ inner Moe surfaces. It’s been awhile, since I’ve seen an actor not only play a part but become a role so exceptionally. Moe’s most important job, and longest one he’s had, is keeping his fellow Stooges in line. To him, Larry and Curly are a couple of imbeciles and knuckleheads, but he cares about them deeply. When he’s finally fed up with everyone‘s antics, he joins the reality series "Jersey Shore." Of course. I love that Moe remains being himself, even as Dyna-Moe. He pokes & slaps every cast member. Assault? “Here’s your pepper.” He’ll dot your eyes, stuff your ears with donuts, and put a lobster down your pants. Spread out! Chris Diamantopoulos, the most talented man in show business, has lived his dream of playing Moe Howard, the man he was born to play.

It’s a shame skeptics will miss out on seeing this gem. Not only does Three Stooges provide plenty of laughs, but it also features pleasant twists and jaw-dropping surprises (the shocking ending, for one). My family & I were the only ones in the audience who got the memo on staying til the very end of the closing credits; singing Stooges is always going to be worth staying an extra few minutes.

A huge thank you to the Farrelly Brothers for making a Three Stooges movie with the same comedic quality of the original Stooge shorts and shows. Dividing the film episodically is a nice touch. The Three Stooges movie is a hilarious film and a perfect love letter honoring the original trio. Sean Hayes, Will Sasso, and Chris Diamantopoulos do the Stooges justice; they're the most deserving actors to play the kings of slapstick.

I highly recommend watching The Three Stooges. It’s a must-see action-comedy for the whole family & the most fun you’re guaranteed to have at the theaters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users