Photo

GRIZZLY (aka ENDANGERED aka RED MACHINE)

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#81 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:I love cooking, gardening reading stephen king books. And am a supporter of breast cancer awareness and the alzheimer awareness funds.I also like to go to clubs to dance when I have the chance to.

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:21 PM

I got a response from a writer of this film, J.R. Reher, on Twitter about the release. He told me...

So....apparently, this movie is now called Grizzly.

I can not believe they changed the name again.

#82 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:I love cooking, gardening reading stephen king books. And am a supporter of breast cancer awareness and the alzheimer awareness funds.I also like to go to clubs to dance when I have the chance to.

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:40 PM

I wonder if they are going to be able to keep the name. Because if I am correct there was a movie by the same name back in 1976 with actor Christopher George. And this movie sounds like it is almost the same.

#83 indieflick_chick90

indieflick_chick90

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,356 posts
  • Interests:Making movies, writing scripts, acting, watching independent movies, and spending time with my family.

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:48 AM

Great find, Indie and Padre. Here is the trailer:

I'm down for late fall.  There are a few other horror films hitting fall again.  Used to piss me off when all the good horror films would drop during the summer. Fall is the perfect time for scary films, I'm tired of seeing little to no horror films in cinemas, yet we have Christmas films during October.

Thank you! :)

Is anyone else terrified when they watch the trailer? I think this movie looks scary, because bear attacks are real & these kinds of things happen.  I first thought summer would be an ideal time because a lot of people go camping then, but fall does seem more fitting.    

It's pretty common for movies to go through many title changes before one sticks.  I prefer Endangered.  

I wonder if they are going to be able to keep the name. Because if I am correct there was a movie by the same name back in 1976 with actor Christopher George. And this movie sounds like it is almost the same.

You are correct.  I'm not sure how proprietary a title of a movie is, but there have been other movies that have the same titles of other movies.  Here's a list: http://www.listal.com/list/same-title-different-movie 

Actually, the title Grizzly made me think of Grizzly Man, which is another film about grizzly bears. 

#84 sinn

sinn

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:love movies (Thomas Jane rules) music...KISS and anything that sounds good to me! i like to write stories and draw. horses(cause i work with them) meeting new people, so i can forget the ones i know...yes i have a sick sense of humour!call me at647 655 2973

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:58 AM

I'm sold! now get it in the god damned theater!

#85 jayesse8

jayesse8

DeathSpider Pupa

• Old Guard
  • 655 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

Thanks for the trailer! That was pretty intense - cannot see film alone! ;)

#86 Geoff Woody

Geoff Woody

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:45 AM

well its been a long time coming but I think the movie holds up from the trailer in my book so im excited to see that make it onto my TV. The big screen would be awesome.

#87 Geoff Woody

Geoff Woody

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:05 AM

There is now a poster but I can upload the dame thing, go to www.dirtyhorror.com or enter Grizzly movie 2014 into images in Google. For those of you who are Friends with TJ on his FB I have uploaded it there also.

#88 indieflick_chick90

indieflick_chick90

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,356 posts
  • Interests:Making movies, writing scripts, acting, watching independent movies, and spending time with my family.

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:32 AM

There is now a poster but I can upload the dame thing, go to www.dirtyhorror.com or enter Grizzly movie 2014 into images in Google. For those of you who are Friends with TJ on his FB I have uploaded it there also.

That is a great-looking poster! It looks like art.

I like that tagline, too...."CONSIDER YOURSELF ENDANGERED"  B)

#89 viendammage

viendammage

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:33 PM

I almost forgot about this flick, any news on a release?  With that cast and concept, you'd figure it could get a decent theatrical release then clean up on VOD and video.

No vegan diet, no vegan powers! http://viendammage.blogspot.com/

#90 JWeber

JWeber

Call him GILGAMESH!

• Administrators
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:36 AM

Still no date. I know they were talking about Fall, but its here. Time to commit and put it out. They need to stop fucking around with it. I see they cut it again to get a PG-13 rating. The last few years, I've softened my stance on PG-13 vs R rating for horror films, but a movie about a killer bear probably should have an R rating.

On a side note, I've always wondered what a show like The Walking Dead would be rated if it was rated by the MPAA?

#91 indieflick_chick90

indieflick_chick90

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:04 PM

I never would've guessed that this movie would be PG-13.  Wasn't getting that vibe from it at all with the trailer/story line.

I guess they just want a wider audience.  Plus, there are a lot of creepy, freaky movies being released that are rated PG-13.

A movie can still be violent & gory without being R.  As long as it doesn't have nudity or too much strong language, then it can slide under the MPAA radar as suitable enough for teens.  Even with the bloody killings.  The MPAA is weird on things like this.    

When you asked that about The Walking Dead, do you mean as is?  Because it's gory/bloody/disgusting but doesn't contain nudity or a substantial amount of strong language.  Which would make it PG-13, even though it should probably be considered R.   

What is The Walking Dead rated, anyways -- TV 14 or TV MA?

#92 JWeber

JWeber

Call him GILGAMESH!

• Administrators
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:59 PM

Yeah, as is.  There is no foul language or nudity, but a lot of gore.  It's rated TV MA. 

I wonder, because I remember that for a split second they were thinking of removing the one or two F words from The Conjuring so they could get a PG-13 rating, but it still wound up an R, even though there is no nudity or excessive gore. I can only think of one scene with gore, an it was not that bad.  The Walking Dead out-did it in everyway.  If you take the one or two "fucks" out of it, The Walking Dead even has worse language.  I'm pretty sure it would end up with an R.

I'm not saying Grizzly won't be terrifying, but with the stills that have been released, and the trailer, I think they were going more along the lines of some gruesome kills.

#93 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:52 PM

Still no date. I know they were talking about Fall, but its here. Time to commit and put it out. They need to stop fucking around with it. I see they cut it again to get a PG-13 rating. The last few years, I've softened my stance on PG-13 vs R rating for horror films, but a movie about a killer bear probably should have an R rating.

On a side note, I've always wondered what a show like The Walking Dead would be rated if it was rated by the MPAA?

They have been messing around to much with this movie. How many times did they change the name They just need to get it in the darn theaters.

#94 Geoff Woody

Geoff Woody

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:27 AM

If you look on TJ's page I had a quick comment from him about this and his response wasn't great about it....."Was hoping this wouldn't see Daylight"

Doesn't bode well..............

#95 indieflick_chick90

indieflick_chick90

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 11:17 AM

Yeah, as is.  There is no foul language or nudity, but a lot of gore.  It's rated TV MA. 

I wonder, because I remember that for a split second they were thinking of removing the one or two F words from The Conjuring so they could get a PG-13 rating, but it still wound up an R, even though there is no nudity or excessive gore. I can only think of one scene with gore, an it was not that bad.  The Walking Dead out-did it in everyway.  If you take the one or two "fucks" out of it, The Walking Dead even has worse language.  I'm pretty sure it would end up with an R.

I'm not saying Grizzly won't be terrifying, but with the stills that have been released, and the trailer, I think they were going more along the lines of some gruesome kills.

Good point..........Plus, just the fact that the whole show is about kill, kill, kill should earn it an R.  The Walking Dead is now in syndication, & I saw that the rating became TV 14, which might turn it into a PG-13 version now.   

I wasn't aware that The Conjuring tried to tone it down just to widen their audience......They still filled seats even with an R rating.

Hey....just look at it this way......They still have time to change their minds.......OR they could turn around & release an R-rated maybe even Unrated version on DVD.   

If you look on TJ's page I had a quick comment from him about this and his response wasn't great about it....."Was hoping this wouldn't see Daylight"

Doesn't bode well..............

Bummer....After our never-ending countdown to it, it turns out it's not even TJane approved.........I wonder what's so bad about it.   :mellow:  

#96 Geoff Woody

Geoff Woody

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:55 PM

At this point who knows but with delays, comments being made about post production and some re shoots I can imagine anyone becoming disillusioned

#97 indieflick_chick90

indieflick_chick90

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 10:48 AM

At this point who knows but with delays, comments being made about post production and some re shoots I can imagine anyone becoming disillusioned

True. Not every film production goes smoothly, and this one is probably taking longer to make than it should.   

Clearly, it's not the same movie TJ signed up for.  Too bad.  

#98 Geoff Woody

Geoff Woody

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:27 AM

yeah it must be frustrating to read something, design and scope the role, play it to your best and have the vision of the director so far removed from your own that nothing seems the same. Im kind of expecting this from this one now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users