• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 sunshine

sunshine

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:Film, music, photography and art...

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:26 AM

What did everybody think about last night's episode?

Transgenderism meshed into this popular series totally works. Definitely a first and kudos to the excellent writers on HUNG.
I have enjoyed this season very much. Especially Kyla's character. What an unanticipated twist to the show?

I am hoping her character will serve to reduce prejudice and hate out there.

#2 JWeber

JWeber

Call him GILGAMESH!

• Administrators
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:01 PM

I was wondering how this was going to play out. Last weeks episode I thought had amazing set up with Lenor's revelation and the cut to Ray getting a bj. This is the type of thing that could/would destroy a man mentally and emotionally, and seeing as how Ray in season one was a bit uptight at first about giving a woman oral sex, well, you know it would not go well for him.

I like how the writers handled this episode. It easily could have come off as preachy, but it made it's point, put some good drama with it, but in the end, Ray got over his ego. We got a bit of the first two seasons with this one. I'm also courious what is going to happen with the reveal of Charlie and the shoe box.

The beauty of HUNG is that you get Ray, who comes in with his typical male attitude, is confronted with a problem, and eventually, he overcomes the problem, learning how to deal with it. We really don't get to see a lot of male characters struggling with real problems, but with HUNG we get that and some more of the "fun" problems that are all part of the job of being a ho wink.gif

#3 Tim Bradstreet

Tim Bradstreet

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 3,170 posts
  • Interests:Illustration, Graphic Design, Production Design, Film Scores, Film.

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:14 PM

Lenore is just an absolute bitch who absolutely needs a good 'ol fashion crack across the chops.
You know . . . From Tanya . . . WHACK! (body hits floor).

wink.gif

- tb

#4 sunshine

sunshine

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:00 AM

About LENORE ~ we all know she needs a good whacking but with all honesty here..she is fabulous on the show.
She is a fine actress. Every show needs a good bitch slapping biatch and she's perfect.
No wonder the producers/writers have decided to keep her on. I believe everyone on the show is type casted perfectly.
I am also very proud of their new add on Jason (Stephen Amell) , who happens to be Canadian (a fellow canadian right here).
He is great competition for Ray. These two characters bring such spice to the series ~ as the song
goes "Loving every minute of it"...

Going back to Lenore...I can't believe she has finally gone over to see Jessica. To plant the seed about Happiness Consultants...
Oh boy, I wonder how that will all turn out? What are everyone's predicitions?

Anddd, let's do a poll here...
How many of you believe that Jason & Sandee are guilty of taking the red shoe box?
Opps some spoilers (but trying not to be specific here for the others whom haven't watched Season 3 yet)...
Or
Do you guys believe Charlie set them all up and is totally guitly? (which I happen to believe)

Tell me your thoughts before this up and coming episode...where I am sure (duh duh duhhh) we will all soon find out.

#5 sunshine

sunshine

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:09 AM

I might also add I love the music that they play on the show. Colette over on twitter revealed to me who does all the pickings.
Frankie Pine is the guy! He hands them over a bunch a tunes and then they make their final decisions. They are all doing a great job!
Wouldn't you guys agree? What are your favourite songs so far from all the seasons?

If anyone is interested I always post them on my twitter account.

KOPELaraa aka sunshine smile.gif

#6 sunshine

sunshine

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:23 AM

My prediction about Charlie was right...I guess it was evident.
Nice to see everyone joining in...

Any last predictions before the final episode of Season 3. Anyone????

Who wants Ray and Jessica to get back together?
Or better yet, who wants Ray and Logan to get together?

Hmmm, I wonder if they're all signed up yet for another great Season?

p.s can't wait to see how Jessica handles Ray...

#7 JWeber

JWeber

Call him GILGAMESH!

• Administrators
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:05 AM

I'm not sure what to think of Jessica since the end of season 2. He wants Ray, but is not willing to give him a chance. Then she takes a couple of classes and seems to be empowered by them. I could see her "paying" for Ray to gain a bit more power for herself and over Ray. I think that would be an interesting dynamic in their relationship.

#8 sunshine

sunshine

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:50 AM

Very interesting prediction there JWeber but do you think she will actually pay him?

...I did notice that was one of her first Q's to Ray "Are you good at what you do?"

I am sensing a whole lotta of resentment here...from Jess...
I am sure she is dying to find out because they never had that in all of their years of marriage.

Truthfully for most women to reach is nonexistent...(that is a whole other ball of wax!) lol

I'm guessing here (from what I got from her) that is why she is not entirely upset at him.
I'm sure Jessica is curious to find out herself and I'm sure a session will be in the works...

But the Q here is if and when they do -- then what?

Like when Tanya asked Ray and then what? It's evident that Ray still loves her...
It's totally Jessica's call and I CAN'T WAIT to find out!

And was I just seeing things or does Tanya some how have feelings for Ray (deep down)? That look in the end threw me off.

#9 JWeber

JWeber

Call him GILGAMESH!

• Administrators
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:12 AM

It could be feelings for Ray, but it could be resentment for lack of feelings shared between her and Ray while married. Since we don't know all the details of their marraige, I'm guessing from what we have seen, that Ray took it for granted. I'm sure he was in love with her, he deffinatly is now, but I can see how being the big man on campus, taking care of a family single handed, and making love to your wife with the perfect dick, I'm sure you get comforatble with your life and expect things to go easy for you.

Ray being "Hung" is probably where Jess is upset. Look at how Ray is most of the tim: it's not about taking care of a woman, because, hey, my dick is big, that's all they need. At the end of the episodes, Ray learns there is more to it, but he starts out with a chip on his shoulder. Now that Jess is taking classes, I'm sure she knows Ray can't just have the same monotonous sex, he needs to appeal to their needs, not his. Ronnie provided this affection for Jess, and I would guess this is why she left Ray. I could see that hurting her, that after their marriage, he finally learns how to take care of a woman's needs and wants.

#10 Thomas Jane

Thomas Jane

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 425 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:46 PM

wow! only one more freakin ep left! i think it's been a great season. i'll be on the twitter tomorrow night, live chatting so come check us out #HungChat

folks, we haven't been picked up for season 4 yet. i think HBO is rethinking their whole 'comedy' line up, and even though HUNG is their most watched comedy, i got a funny feeling. i think HBO is waiting to see if we get any Golden Globe noms. which kinda sucks cause i've been nominated twice, and even though i think 3 is our best year, well three noms in a row doesn't seem likely. but i think REBECCA is due ! or JANE! ANNE! somebody.

#11 JWeber

JWeber

Call him GILGAMESH!

• Administrators
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:03 PM

I hope they get their act together, HUNG is one of the few consistanly good shows out there. I really enjoyed where this season went and was hoping for more. One more episode? Bummer, I was hoping for more.

#12 Thomas Jane

Thomas Jane

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 425 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:17 PM

And was I just seeing things or does Tanya some how have feelings for Ray (deep down)? That look in the end threw me off.

well duh!

#13 sunshine

sunshine

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:44 AM

well duh!

Very cute Mr.Jane...HeHeHe...

i know that MissTanya will always have feelings deep down for Ray but I am surprised that they are bringing this back in to show.
I know from earlier ep's...they had a fling together and for Ray it was just a fling but for Tanya it was a whole lot more.
They are trying to show that women are emotional creatures and through Tanya's eyes she can't just have a fling.
That is why she cares so much about her Ho...Remember when Charlie would always say: "He's just your Ho".

After all the heartaches of Charlie and others...Ray is the only one who hasn't played on her big heart ever.
And for that she loves him even more! I get all that it's a given but I guess we will have to wait in Season 4 to see where all of this goes...

I love this show because it really shows the viewers how a woman's psyche really works and for the first time it's beautiful how they showcase Ray understanding women in general.
After all of Ray's experiences with women...it's Tanya who truly helps him understand a woman through his eyes.

They make a great team...I love their chemistry on the show...they are like frick & frack, ebony & ivory, captain & tennille ...
I am sure your catching my drift here ~~ it's totally believable!!!

Here's hoping you guys are nominatted this year!!!!!!!!

#14 JWeber

JWeber

Call him GILGAMESH!

• Administrators
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:07 PM

They're going to leave us hanging like this? Damn. There should at least be a few more episodes, it's really getting good. Jess is kicking ass, finally. Lenor gets, well, I don't want to give it away, and Ray and Tanya loose the business and get a truck load of "beefalos".

The only thing missing this season was the kids. They were hardly on the show. I was wondering what was going to happen this season considering Damon's actions in season 2.

#15 sunshine

sunshine

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:09 PM

HungFans if u want S4 then comment HERE: this is highly influential:... fb.me/WTIRE7Pj

HungFans if u want S4 then comment HERE: this is highly influential: ... say.ly/WQt15Ct

Just today this was posted on Thomas Jane's twitter...he wants "us the fans" to comment to keep HUNG around on HBO!

Come on folks let's all comment!!!!

#16 Jen

Jen

RAW Keeper of the Faith

• Old Guard
  • 1,766 posts
  • Interests:Ummm...Tom Jane - oh, and music.

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:27 AM

Links to reviews of last episode (and whole season) of Hung. Beware of plot spoilers for last episode and the whole season:

http://www.examiner....-beefalo-review

and

http://www.hitfix.co...n-hung-season-3

Jen
Thomas Jane 2 Yahoo Group
http://groups.yahoo..../Thomas_Jane_2/
All Tom - all the time - photos, news, more!

Delusions Of Adequacy
http://www.adequacy.net/
Jen Stratosphere Fanzine - music writer

#17 Jen

Jen

RAW Keeper of the Faith

• Old Guard
  • 1,766 posts
  • Interests:Ummm...Tom Jane - oh, and music.

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:28 AM

Link to archived chat with Tom at HBO. The chat is from December 6th:

http://connect.hbo.c...thomas-jane-two

Jen
Thomas Jane 2 Yahoo Group
http://groups.yahoo..../Thomas_Jane_2/
All Tom - all the time - photos, news, more!

Delusions Of Adequacy
http://www.adequacy.net/
Jen Stratosphere Fanzine - music writer

#18 Geoff Woody

Geoff Woody

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:11 AM

for all UK fans. Season 3 is now starting on Saturday night on SKY Atlantic at midnight.

#19 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:I love cooking, gardening reading stephen king books. And am a supporter of breast cancer awareness and the alzheimer awareness funds.I also like to go to clubs to dance when I have the chance to.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:50 PM

I really enjoyed all 3 seasons of hung. I was really sad when I heard HBO had cancelled them. I don't understand why they did. To me when you have someone from the show getting nominated 3 times for a golden globe that should be saying something about the show and that persons acting ability which we all know he is a very good actor. :(

#20 mediumfan

mediumfan

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

Yeah, it sucks that HBO cancelled Hung, which was one of its better performing shows, to bring on new shows and now they've had to cancel one of those (Luck) because they're killing too many horses. Damn shame. I'd much rather have watched a show about a man that was hung like a horse than a show about actual horses. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users