• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 JWeber

JWeber

Call him GILGAMESH!

• Administrators
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:13 AM

Not sure on what the UK reigon code is, but the French Blu Ray is B (I think BD's only have 3 codes). If that works in the UK, you might want to track one of these down.

#22 Geoff Woody

Geoff Woody

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:28 AM

QUOTE (JWeber @ Apr 6 2011, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not sure on what the UK reigon code is, but the French Blu Ray is B (I think BD's only have 3 codes). If that works in the UK, you might want to track one of these down.

Hi, thanks. I think that the UK region code is 2?? but will try and track one down and get it shipped over, legend, thanks.

#23 Thomas Jane

Thomas Jane

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 425 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (Mike V @ Mar 24 2011, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey ho whatta ya know, I found the Blu-ray cover. It doesn't have the terrible rectangle of floating heads, so it is a step up.

ya know it could have been a whole lot worse. i'm pretty happy. now i gotta figure out from Sony what the USA Blu Ray plans are...

#24 indieflick_chick90

indieflick_chick90

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:Making movies, writing scripts, acting, watching independent movies, and spending time with my family.

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (Thomas Jane @ Jun 25 2011, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ya know it could have been a whole lot worse. i'm pretty happy. now i gotta figure out from Sony what the USA Blu Ray plans are...

Maybe a Director's Cut is still a possibility for the US? wink.gif

#25 geoffboyle

geoffboyle

RAW's Master Of Light And Shadow

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (Thomas Jane @ Mar 24 2011, 02:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so i just got an email from a French distrib co. - Dark Country is being released on Bluray... in 3D!!
next month.

TJ

My copy arrives from Amazon.fr tomorrow but I have already downloaded a rip from the web :-(

It was available, and very good quality as well within a week of the Blu Ray being released!

I hope to show this Blu Ray at the Z-Axis club monthly meeting in London on the 13th of July.

Tom, tell me what I should cut out os the opening scen and I'll make a directors cut for the showing!!

Geoff

#26 Noeland

Noeland

Loyal Order of RAW

• Root Admin
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:58 AM

Geoff, if I may ask, have you employed any of the techniques you used on Dark Country in any of your projects since?

I hope to pick your brain in person some day! I don't get to talk about this stuff in person often enough.

#27 Mike V

Mike V

Jaded? Angry? Or just sick of the bullshit?

• Old Guard
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:09 PM

Apparently the 3D version is available for download on the PS3.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

#28 Blondielox

Blondielox

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Location:The Bay Area, California, US of A, Earth, Milky Way.
  • Interests:Good food. Fast machines. Music. Film..... and of course, genuine, bonafide, real-deal, true Good Girl Art.

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (Thomas Jane @ Jun 25 2011, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm considering this too, but a Director's Cut would really squeak my monkey.

The infamous 'moving hand' on the French Blu Ray box is funny though. Watching it en franšais would be interesting.

It's true, the 3D version is available to download on PS3. We called it up at my house and it was $30.

Speaking of the 3D version, Thomas was here last week with the "Czar of Noir" Eddie Muller at the Castro Theater in San Francisco for this:

I love this artwork the most.

#29 Ket

Ket

Mud Whistle

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:@ketan (twitter)

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:19 PM

Buying the french Blu Ray now on Amazon! Thank you Google Translate :)

#30 Ket

Ket

Mud Whistle

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:@ketan (twitter)

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:08 AM

The Blu Ray arrived from France today and it has a 3D lenticular stuck on the front. :)

#31 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:I love cooking, gardening reading stephen king books. And am a supporter of breast cancer awareness and the alzheimer awareness funds.I also like to go to clubs to dance when I have the chance to.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (Mike V @ Mar 24 2011, 07:22 AM)
Hey ho whatta ya know, I found the Blu-ray cover. It doesn't have the terrible rectangle of floating heads, so it is a step up.

Posted Image

I really loved this movie. And I like the cover to.

#32 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:I love cooking, gardening reading stephen king books. And am a supporter of breast cancer awareness and the alzheimer awareness funds.I also like to go to clubs to dance when I have the chance to.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (Thomas Jane @ Jun 25 2011, 01:01 PM)

I'm considering this too, but a Director's Cut would really squeak my monkey.

The infamous 'moving hand' on the French Blu Ray box is funny though. Watching it en français would be interesting.

It's true, the 3D version is available to download on PS3. We called it up at my house and it was $30.

Speaking of the 3D version, Thomas was here last week with the "Czar of Noir" Eddie Muller at the Castro Theater in San Francisco for this:
Posted Image

I love this artwork the most.

The artwork is great kind of creepy looking but that is what I like.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users