• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Noeland

Noeland

Loyal Order of RAW

• Root Admin
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 06:13 AM

Found this video on CNN, and thought it interesting, and scary.

http://www.cnn.com/v...rick.walker.cnn

#2 James O'Brian

James O'Brian

DeathSpider Imago

• Old Guard
  • 829 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 06:20 AM

QUOTE(noelandlovesguns @ Oct 23 2007, 08:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Found this video on CNN, and thought it interesting, and scary.

http://www.cnn.com/v...rick.walker.cnn

Man, that vid is intense, noeland. I feel for this people immensly. It'll be interesting to see the outcome.

JO

Foreweare.tumblr.com/

https://www.facebook...ames.obrian.108

Do you know how you got that dent, in your top lip? Way back, before you were born, I told you a secret, then I put my finger there and I said "Shhhhh!"

#3 Noeland

Noeland

Loyal Order of RAW

• Root Admin
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 07:22 AM

In Florida we used to get colored atmosphere, and gergeous skies, when storms would roll in, or before them sometimes. Lots of red skies. Just stark red. I took a lot of pictures too, and sometimes the air would just turn yellow or green, and it was like looking through a colored lens. When that happens, it does get intense. We had to evac because of a hurricane once and the air itself was very yellow, and it just made the whole experience stranger. When the national guard trucks started rolling through our neighborhood declaring the emergency on thier loud speakers, and demanding evacuation, it got officially disaster level cinematic freaky.

But, I am not trying to compare. If you add on the fires, and the displacement of half a million people, it's beyond scary. It becomes frightening, and a complete nightmare for anyone who's lost thier home, thier lives, to those fires. I just wish I could do more to help the folks out there in some way. Donating money just doesn't feel like enough.

#4 mediumfan

mediumfan

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 08:15 AM

Man, that really is scary. My heart goes out to all those people whose lives and homes are in danger. I hope that everyone stays safe and that the firefighters are able get control of this fire quickly before there is any further loss of life or property.

I pray for everyone in those areas, but especially for our friends in the RAW world and their families. Stay safe, guys. Good luck and God bless.

Mediumfan

#5 Noeland

Noeland

Loyal Order of RAW

• Root Admin
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 07:19 AM

I've read this morning that the winds are backing off, and the weather might be favorable to finally get the fires under control in the next few days to a week.

I sincerely hope so!

#6 mediumfan

mediumfan

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE(noelandlovesguns @ Oct 25 2007, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've read this morning that the winds are backing off, and the weather might be favorable to finally get the fires under control in the next few days to a week.

I sincerely hope so!

That is really good news. I hope it's true and that they are able to get control of the situation very soon, without further loss of life or property.

Mediumfan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users