Ask Tim

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Tim Bradstreet

Tim Bradstreet

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 3,170 posts
  • Interests:Illustration, Graphic Design, Production Design, Film Scores, Film.

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

Joyce - It's been a while since you posted, I looked around on TJ's page and didn't see it. If it's still there somewhere let me know.

PADRE! - It is true ;) I did meet the man, albeit briefly at dinner. John's lady, Sandy King Carpenter is one of my pals and favorite peeps. I was supposed to do a cover for #1 but had some family issues and fallout from all that has pushed my issue or issues back to after issue 3. Stay tuned!! Very excited about this. Hooked Sandy up with Leo Manco, my former partner in crime on HELLBLAZER to do interior art and it's AMAZING. Awesome book with story by Thomas Ian Griffith, Sandy King Carpenter, with script by our own BRUCE JONES!!!

JAMES!! - Dude! Good to see you here! Hellblazer won't be the same (which is to say a book worth checking out) until we get the snarky sonovabitch back to VERTIGO, or back to his 'ol self, anyways.

Not sure WHAT DC's angle on doing what they're doing to him must have been, but it ain't for me. Only thing I can compare it to is back in the late 80's, Jim Shooter wanted to take Shang Chi and turn him into a super-hero Ninja . . . Consequently, the great talent they had on the book got the fuck out (Doug Moench and Gene Day), jumped ship to DC to take over DETECTIVE. Sadly, Gene Day passed away before he got an issue in - at the age of 32.

Part of me still blames Shooter. So yeah, YUCK.

;)

- TB

#42 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:I love cooking, gardening reading stephen king books. And am a supporter of breast cancer awareness and the alzheimer awareness funds.I also like to go to clubs to dance when I have the chance to.

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:03 PM

Joyce - It's been a while since you posted, I looked around on TJ's page and didn't see it. If it's still there somewhere let me know.

PADRE! - It is true ;) I did meet the man, albeit briefly at dinner. John's lady, Sandy King Carpenter is one of my pals and favorite peeps. I was supposed to do a cover for #1 but had some family issues and fallout from all that has pushed my issue or issues back to after issue 3. Stay tuned!! Very excited about this. Hooked Sandy up with Leo Manco, my former partner in crime on HELLBLAZER to do interior art and it's AMAZING. Awesome book with story by Thomas Ian Griffith, Sandy King Carpenter, with script by our own BRUCE JONES!!!

JAMES!! - Dude! Good to see you here! Hellblazer won't be the same (which is to say a book worth checking out) until we get the snarky sonovabitch back to VERTIGO, or back to his 'ol self, anyways.

Not sure WHAT DC's angle on doing what they're doing to him must have been, but it ain't for me. Only thing I can compare it to is back in the late 80's, Jim Shooter wanted to take Shang Chi and turn him into a super-hero Ninja . . . Consequently, the great talent they had on the book got the fuck out (Doug Moench and Gene Day), jumped ship to DC to take over DETECTIVE. Sadly, Gene Day passed away before he got an issue in - at the age of 32.

;)

- TB

Never mind it is not there any more. But thanks. And yes I know I wasn't on here for a little awhile but I had to have surgery done to remove 2 kidney stones lodged in my tubes and it took me some time to recover.  And I am glad you are back. :)

#43 Tim Bradstreet

Tim Bradstreet

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:12 PM

Glad you're OK!

I just meant your post was a while ago and I've been off-line and under the radar since March so because I was tardy in answering the question I figured the offensive pic may have been taken down a while ago.

Thanks for letting us know!

Even though I missed seeing your post initially there are folks here who would get word to us through other means when it concerns stuff like that.

So I figure word got to TJ somehow ;)

Kidney Stones! AHHG!

;)

- tb

#44 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:I love cooking, gardening reading stephen king books. And am a supporter of breast cancer awareness and the alzheimer awareness funds.I also like to go to clubs to dance when I have the chance to.

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:58 PM

Glad you're OK!

I just meant your post was a while ago and I've been off-line and under the radar since March so because I was tardy in answering the question I figured the offensive pic may have been taken down a while ago.

Thanks for letting us know!

Even though I missed seeing your post initially there are folks here who would get word to us through other means when it concerns stuff like that.

So I figure word got to TJ somehow ;)

Kidney Stones! AHHG!

;)

- tb

Thanks Tim, And ahhg is not the word for it more like I thought I was dying. Never want to feel that kind of pain again. :)

#45 Padre

Padre

DeathSpider Larva

• Old Guard
  • 349 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

Very cool :). I'd love to meet him myself someday. I picked up the first issue of Asylum a few weeks back. It has some interesting characters and really beautiful artwork. The only thing missing was a new Carpenter score.

#46 Tim Bradstreet

Tim Bradstreet

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:44 PM

Indeed! We'll try and get him rolling on that. I agree. That book needs it's own score - Limited edition CD's pressed into the TRADE EDITION ;)

- TB

#47 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:26 PM

Hey Tim have a question for ya. Is Tom ever going to come back on the forum, Kind of miss seeing his posts on here. I understand he is busy but it would be nice to hear from him on here once in awhile. And no I am not complaining just saying. :rolleyes:

#48 James O'Brian

James O'Brian

DeathSpider Imago

• Old Guard
  • 829 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

;)

- TB

I haven't read the new CONSTANTINE comics brought on by THE NEW 52. Though, I have checked out JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK, and all I can truly say is that making JOHN CONSTANTINE a young chap with a lot of snazzy dialogue mixed with magic has me coming back to see what happens next. This is mainly due to the fact that they have an ensemble cast in the mix for him to interact with. It is worth a look if not for the artwork alone.

Alright, another question. I might have asked it before, but I've always been a big fan of the people you get to model for your covers (I've always wanted to be involved in that) and was wondering how one goes about getting that gig. How do you pick the people, and is it like a right place/right time sort of thing? Because if that is the case then name the time/place and I am most certainly there. :D

-JIM

Foreweare.tumblr.com/

https://www.facebook...ames.obrian.108

Do you know how you got that dent, in your top lip? Way back, before you were born, I told you a secret, then I put my finger there and I said "Shhhhh!"

#49 JWeber

JWeber

Call him GILGAMESH!

• Administrators
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:07 PM

Tim, how mant of the scholastic books have you done?  I was in the book store and happened to spot two of them. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users