Ask Tim

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Tim Bradstreet

Tim Bradstreet

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 3,170 posts
  • Interests:Illustration, Graphic Design, Production Design, Film Scores, Film.

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (Mike V @ May 12 2010, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I ended up on IMDb today, and got to reading some of the trivia for The Punisher, and it said the original cut of it was nearly 3-hours long. I was just wondering if you have an info on that, any extra bits of violence that were cut out etc...

I'm not current on a 3-hour cut. Maybe I was aware of this at one time but the intel has slipped my overburdened gulliver.
I could confirm easily enough with a quick message to Hensleigh or Tom, and will endeavor to.
I've never hear TJ complain about stuff that was left out of the film so I'm not sure the missing footage would be earth-shattering or not.
Let me see what I can discover.

The 2004 film has a solid following so maybe, just maybe one day Hensleigh will get his director's day in court with a definitive director's cut.
He was involved and approved the EXTENDED cut but there still exists no DIRECTOR'S cut on the market.
If nothing's going to happen with the character for a while on film then maybe we'll see a BluRay director's cut in the future.

- TB

#22 Aly

Aly

DeathSpider Larva

• Old Guard
  • 221 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (Tim Bradstreet @ May 12 2010, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would have loved to, Chicago is my old stomping grounds.
Generally if you check around the boards you can readily find out what conventions I'm doing, as with Famous Monsters wink.gif
Maybe I can meet your niece next year. I should be a guest at C2E2 in 2011 if all goes according to plan.

- tb

Well, I will definitely make plans with her for next year to bring her along to meet my hero...Can't wait to see you @ Famous Monsters! wink.gif

#23 Aly

Aly

DeathSpider Larva

• Old Guard
  • 221 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (Tim Bradstreet @ May 12 2010, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not current on a 3-hour cut. Maybe I was aware of this at one time but the intel has slipped my overburdened gulliver.
I could confirm easily enough with a quick message to Hensleigh or Tom, and will endeavor to.
I've never hear TJ complain about stuff that was left out of the film so I'm not sure the missing footage would be earth-shattering or not.

The 2004 film has a solid following so maybe, just maybe one day Hensleigh will get his director's day in court with a definitive director's cut.
He was involved and approved the EXTENDED cut but there still exists no DIRECTOR'S cut on the market.
If nothing's going to happen with the character for a while on film then maybe we'll see a BluRay director's cut in the future.

- TB

Tim, I hate to ask this, but are you sure there is "no DIRECTOR'S cut" on this film? Because I swear my dvd copy says "director's cut"....unless I'm missing something....what the ???

#24 Tim Bradstreet

Tim Bradstreet

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:08 PM

If it's the one in the white skull slipcase that's the Extended Cut.
I'm not aware of a director's cut wink.gif

- TB

#25 Aly

Aly

DeathSpider Larva

• Old Guard
  • 221 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (Tim Bradstreet @ May 12 2010, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If it's the one in the white skull slipcase that's the Extended Cut.
I'm not aware of a director's cut wink.gif

- TB

AHHHH ok, it is the one with the white skull slipcase....ok, my bad... tongue.gif

#26 Padre

Padre

DeathSpider Larva

• Old Guard
  • 349 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:13 PM

Is there any movement on The Devil's Commandos? I want that movie yesterday.

#27 Tim Bradstreet

Tim Bradstreet

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (Padre @ May 12 2010, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is there any movement on The Devil's Commandos? I want that movie yesterday.

You and me both, Padre wink.gif
We haven't gone out with it yet.
We're working on some internal issues.
The minute I can say anything more YOU KNOW I'll bring everyone up to speed.
Thanks for the question.

- Tim

#28 Mike V

Mike V

Jaded? Angry? Or just sick of the bullshit?

• Old Guard
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (Tim Bradstreet @ May 12 2010, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

- TB

Cool, I know it's from IMDb, which is not exactly credible, but I'm interested in finding out if there is any truth to it.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

#29 norse_sage

norse_sage

DeathSpider Embryo

• Old Guard
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:54 AM

Digg the new Judge Dredd poster!!!
Especially as Dredd is one of two comics (the other being Conan) I possibly enjoy even more than The Punisher, it is really cool to finally see some class Dredd poster art!

Q: Does your contractor want any more images in the future?

For instance one with a certain actor which vague rumours would have it might be attached behind the helmet for the upcoming movie?

#30 Tim Bradstreet

Tim Bradstreet

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:12 PM

Norse!

That one piece is it for now but I have a feeling I'll be doing more wink.gif

xo - TB

#31 norse_sage

norse_sage

DeathSpider Embryo

• Old Guard
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:39 PM

Aw, you remember me!
You'll be glad to know the poster Jeri had you sign for me at comic con is proudly on my wall, where it forever shall remain!

I left all boards where Punisher discussion might come up a week or so prior to the opening of PWZ - as I myself wouldn't see it for a long, long time yet, not being located in the US.
But few things will make me come back here as much as a kickass poster promoting another character I love every bit as much!

Fingers crossed the vague casting rumors I've heard for JD are true, so that for the next poster you'll be using a more familiar model to this board for the jawline...

#32 Mike V

Mike V

Jaded? Angry? Or just sick of the bullshit?

• Old Guard
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (norse_sage @ May 14 2010, 02:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fingers crossed the vague casting rumors I’ve hard for JD are true, so that for the next poster you’ll be using a more familiar model to this board for the jawline…

What exactly are those casting rumors? I've found nothing on that front.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

#33 norse_sage

norse_sage

DeathSpider Embryo

• Old Guard
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE (Mike V @ May 14 2010, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What exactly are those casting rumors? I've found nothing on that front.

Those rumors are hard to find because they only appeared where hardcore Dredd fans fare, and they are also very hearsay in nature and should as such be taken with a massive grain of salt. I'd rather not say too much for fear of spreading rumors that may not have any credibility to them (but I sure hope they do, cause he'd be awesome in the role). But if you read between the lines of my above posts...

#34 space

space

Mud Whistle

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 10:07 AM

what are you currently working on is there anything coming out soon that you have callaborated on?

especially enjoyed your punisher work thomas jane as nick fury was genius thats a film i would definetly like to see.

#35 mediumfan

mediumfan

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

Here's a question for you, Tim- how do you go about starting a story and/or drawing it? Do you write it out first and develop the characters/backstory, etc.? Or do you just start drawing? Do you have an idea and just start drawing it? I have a kind of crazy idea for a comic and am wondering how to begin to work it out as I've never tried it before.

#36 Noeland

Noeland

Loyal Order of RAW

• Root Admin
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:10 AM

Any news on Red Sky Diary?

#37 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:I love cooking, gardening reading stephen king books. And am a supporter of breast cancer awareness and the alzheimer awareness funds.I also like to go to clubs to dance when I have the chance to.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

I have a question for you. Were can I get one of those t-shirts that I saw Mr. Jane wearing that says Who Are All these weirdos.

#38 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:I love cooking, gardening reading stephen king books. And am a supporter of breast cancer awareness and the alzheimer awareness funds.I also like to go to clubs to dance when I have the chance to.

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:30 PM

Mr. Bradstreet I was wondering if you could do me a favor. There is a guy on tom's fan facebook page that posted a very disturbing photo and it was very upsetting to look at. It was a photo of a little boy who was shot and killed by the Israili military. I was very shocked and very upset to see this. Can you possibly let tom know about this. :( :(

#39 Padre

Padre

DeathSpider Larva

• Old Guard
  • 349 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

Hi Tim, is it true you're working on a cover for John Carpenter's Asylum? And if so, did you get to meet the great man himself?

#40 James O'Brian

James O'Brian

DeathSpider Imago

• Old Guard
  • 829 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

Tim,

What are your thoughts on the fact that HELLBLAZER, sadly, is officially gone. And has been rebooted in a younger form? I've been a fan for quite awhile, and have read the NEW 52 bits. They're aren't too bad. I... Vampire has a true spark to it, especially with how Constantine is intertwined. It just isn't the same.

Jim

Foreweare.tumblr.com/

https://www.facebook...ames.obrian.108

Do you know how you got that dent, in your top lip? Way back, before you were born, I told you a secret, then I put my finger there and I said "Shhhhh!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users