339 replies to this topic

#41 mediumfan

mediumfan

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE(JWeber @ Oct 10 2007, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, Tom. Just wondering what the deal is with the 3-D? Don't get me wrong, I love the hell out of 3-D, but I was just courious what motivated you to want to bring back something that seems almost non-existant these days. I'm glad to see that you are. Can't wait to see Dark Country.
-John

JWeber, check out the links I posted in the Dark Country and 3-D Biz is Booming threads. There is a growing interest in 3-D with a lot of new advances being made in the technology. Also there is a lot of talk about other new movies being made in 3-D, such as James Cameron's Avatar 3-D. It's also been rumored that George Lucas and Steven Spielberg have 3-D have projects in the works. I myself think this is absolutely fantastic and can't wait to see what's ahead. And it seems as if RAW Studios is at the forefront of this trend.

Check out the articles posted in the above threads if you're interested. Sorry to butt in, but I thought you might be interested in reading the articles.

mediumfan

#42 JWeber

JWeber

Call him GILGAMESH!

• Administrators
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 07:03 AM

Thanks for the tip smile.gif

#43 kwiat_skye

kwiat_skye

Framling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 10:18 AM

Nevermind. Not important. smile.gif
`..`.><((((>. `..

#44 mediumfan

mediumfan

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 06:05 PM

To add to kwiat skye's question, Tom, how did you choose this particular piece to direct and what makes it so special to you? Also what about this piece makes it suitable for 3-D? Any special visual hooks or storyline related hooks that make 3-D more suited to this project?

And any particular reason you chose to star AND direct in your first directorial effort, as opposed to just directing?

Mediumfan

#45 nikbait

nikbait

DeathSpider Embryo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:outdoors, movies, family, friends

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:42 PM

Tom, was just wondering how it was working with Patricia on the one episode of Medium and what happened to the show? Was it just not getting enough of an audience? I miss it. I loved seeing you on that show:)
Crikey Mate! RIP Steve Irwin 1962-2006.

#46 mediumfan

mediumfan

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE(nikbait @ Nov 3 2007, 02:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tom, was just wondering how it was working with Patricia on the one episode of Medium and what happened to the show? Was it just not getting enough of an audience? I miss it. I loved seeing you on that show:)

If you don't mind, I can answer part of that question for you. Medium was doing pretty well and it was renewed for another season. But NBC doesn't plan to bring it back until January after football season. Although with the way the new shows are going, it's entirely possible that something could tank and NBC could decide to bring it back sooner, either on Mondays in place of Journeyman (I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that) or back on Wednesdays in place of Life. Both of these shows are struggling in the ratings and Medium could get pulled back earlier, like they did last year. But as of now, it's scheduled to return on Sundays at 9 in January. That's not soon enough for me, though.

Mediumfan

#47 nikbait

nikbait

DeathSpider Embryo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:outdoors, movies, family, friends

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE(mediumfan @ Nov 2 2007, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you don't mind, I can answer part of that question for you. Medium was doing pretty well and it was renewed for another season. But NBC doesn't plan to bring it back until January after football season. Although with the way the new shows are going, it's entirely possible that something could tank and NBC could decide to bring it back sooner, either on Mondays in place of Journeyman (I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that) or back on Wednesdays in place of Life. Both of these shows are struggling in the ratings and Medium could get pulled back earlier, like they did last year. But as of now, it's scheduled to return on Sundays at 9 in January. That's not soon enough for me, though.

Mediumfan

AH HA ok thanks for that info! I was really hoping it didn't get cancelled.
Crikey Mate! RIP Steve Irwin 1962-2006.

#48 Brain21

Brain21

Mud Whistle

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE(Jen @ Sep 20 2007, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OTHER FAN QUESTIONS:

From: Brain21 - possible childhood friend and high school friend of yours??

So here are my questions for Tom:

1) Tom, after all these years, I *just* found out what you've been up
to, and am very proud of you! Now, guess who this is...
Do you still have all of your old Mad Magazines and Mad Comic books,
and did you ever manage to get Mad #1 or Mad #5? My parents actually
still have mine, and I never did get #1 or #5...

If you haven't gotten it yet, the last time I saw you was back in ~'89 when you were living in Hollywood near Mann's with Matt. By pure coincidence I was living across the street, and going to music school at the time. I visited you at that apartment just once. The next time I went back to see you, some months later, there was no one home (I think I went back twice). Didn't know if you had moved out or just weren't home. Then around Sept. of '89 I moved away from Hollywood, went back home to Maryland for a couple of months, and then back to Atlanta for college (still living in Atlanta, and my parents still live in the old neighborhood).

Brain21

#49 mediumfan

mediumfan

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 03:06 PM

Hey, Thomas, first I want to say, I saw The Mist last night, and Holy Crap on a stick! That's all I can say. This movie was fantastic, and probably one of my favorite Stephen King movie adaptions yet, right up there with Needful Things, Shawshank Redemption, Green Mile, and Tommyknockers. And I thought you were fantastic in this. Excellent job by all involved, especially by you, and I salute you all for a job well done, particularly Darabont for his brilliant adaptation, and THAT ENDING!

WOW!! That ending is destined to go down in cinematic history as one of the best, most shocking movie endings ever written or filmed. It was that good.

Which brings me to my question. You've said that The Mist is one of your favorite Stephen King stories. How did you feel about Frank's ending when you read it? Did you feel that it betrayed the original story, or enhanced it? Did it give you any pause about accepting the role? Which ending did you prefer?

I liked King's ending because it was ambiguous, but it still left room for hope. But I loved Darabont's ending because of the sudden twists that it takes (and I mean all of them), but at the same time, his ending was so much more final than King's that it has stayed with me since I left the theater, and I don't think I can shake it. The rest of the movie was great, but I just can't shake that ending.

All I can say is WOW! Great job.

mediumfan

#50 Raffi

Raffi

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,444 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Comic books, Weightlifting, Eating, Acting, Cigars, Football, Golf.

Posted 29 November 2007 - 06:50 PM

Hey Tom! I just wanted to say that I'm extremely proud of how far you have come along and you are just one of the greatest younger actors in the business today. I asked Tim a few days ago to convince you to jump in on G.I. JOE if you had the chance to. I read an article somewhere where it has you saying that you are kind of turned off by the idea of this movie because it puts a picture in your head of a kid setting his G.I. JOE action figure on fire or some shit. I just think that you would be a perfect addition to the cast. Maybe playing the character of Duke or Flint? I dunno, just a thought. I know you're one of the busiest people on this planet today so I can't really push it. I think everyone would agree with me that you would kick ass in the G.I. JOE movie. Keep up all the good work, I can't wait from the Mutant Chronicles to hit the theaters!

By the way, do you still work out? If not you gotta get on that shit big guy!

And Tim: keep kickin ass buddy. and try to come back occasionally and do a Punisher cover or 2 eh?

Thanks,
Raffi

#51 mediumfan

mediumfan

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 09:45 PM

Thomas,

I heard today that your wife Patricia was honored with another Golden Globe nomination (her third in a row) for her outstanding work in Medium, and I wanted to say "Congratulations" to both of you. You must be very proud. Her work on the show is nothing short of phenomenal and this is an honor well-deserved. Here's hoping she actually gets the award this time (maybe the third time's the charm). She really deserves it. I know you all are probably not into the Hollywood awards/pat on the back mentality, but I still am very happy for her and for you. You both deserve all the recognition you get and more. Please give her my best, and wish her the best of luck for me.

Mediumfan

#52 vigilanteband

vigilanteband

Mud Whistle

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 06:26 PM

Hi Tom:

My name is Ivan. I am the singer of a chilean (southamerica) industrial Metal band called VIGILANTE.
We have 3 records edited in europe and distributed worlwide.
I think Adam from www.the punisher.com gave you some cds of us.
I only write you to tell you that we are very big fans of your work.

I hope you could check our music and tell us what you think about it.

You can hear some of our stuff here: www.vigilante.cn or www.myspace.com/vigilanteband

Could be a dream come true colaborate with you in the future.

Happy New Year!!!

Cheers!!!

Ivan
Vigilante
www.vigilante.cn
www.myspace.com/vigilanteband

#53 Tiara

Tiara

Phaedon Warrior

• Old Guard
  • 1,844 posts
  • Interests:Rollerblading, cooking, reading A LOT of comic books, writing and watching the Iron Chef Japan and Iron Chef America. I do some modeling from time to time, but I really want to get more into photography. I love taking pictures and traveling.<br /><br />I love Thomas Jane and enjoy his movies. He is such a cool actor and gives his all. I respect him a great deal.

Posted 24 February 2008 - 05:30 AM

Hi Tom,

Let's see:

What book has had the biggest impact on you?

Who would you consider to be your hero?

How do you relieve stress?

What is your favorite daily ritual?

What quote best describes you?

#54 Thomas Jane

Thomas Jane

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 438 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:00 PM

1. I read, possibly on IMDB.com, that you are part Irish, Italian, and German, so I was wondering why you got married in a kilt?

actually I'm part Irish and Scottish, a little German Jew on my mothers side and some Blackfoot Indian on my fathers. turns out P has some Scottish in her as well, so that's why we all wore kilts at the wedding!

2. Are you going to do other genres of films besides the horror genre?

i sure hope so! i know it seems like that's all i've done lately, but KILLSHOT is a thriller based on the Elmore Leonard book and Mutant Chronicles is Sci Fi adventure. the only thing i don't see myself doing any time soon is a comedy - but ya never know...

#55 kwiat_skye

kwiat_skye

Framling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:08 PM

Nice to see you in here. I wondered if you ever came around.

Thanks for answering a couple of questions.
`..`.><((((>. `..

#56 Thomas Jane

Thomas Jane

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 438 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE(mediumfan @ Nov 23 2007, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, Thomas, first I want to say, I saw The Mist last night, and Holy Crap on a stick! That's all I can say. This movie was fantastic, and probably one of my favorite Stephen King movie adaptions yet, right up there with Needful Things, Shawshank Redemption, Green Mile, and Tommyknockers. And I thought you were fantastic in this. Excellent job by all involved, especially by you, and I salute you all for a job well done, particularly Darabont for his brilliant adaptation, and THAT ENDING!

WOW!! That ending is destined to go down in cinematic history as one of the best, most shocking movie endings ever written or filmed. It was that good.

Which brings me to my question. You've said that The Mist is one of your favorite Stephen King stories. How did you feel about Frank's ending when you read it? Did you feel that it betrayed the original story, or enhanced it? Did it give you any pause about accepting the role? Which ending did you prefer?

I liked King's ending because it was ambiguous, but it still left room for hope. But I loved Darabont's ending because of the sudden twists that it takes (and I mean all of them), but at the same time, his ending was so much more final than King's that it has stayed with me since I left the theater, and I don't think I can shake it. The rest of the movie was great, but I just can't shake that ending.

All I can say is WOW! Great job.

mediumfan

thanks! i felt that Franks ending was perfect for the film, where Steve King's end was great for the book. I know Frank wanted to throw an extra punch to the film that would put a button on the end, not leave it open ended like the book, which probably would not have been as satisfying. all in all, i'm very proud of the movie. i think people will be discovering it for a long time.

#57 Thomas Jane

Thomas Jane

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 438 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE(kwiat_skye @ Apr 4 2008, 06:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice to see you in here. I wondered if you ever came around.

Thanks for answering a couple of questions.

i hover around and check things out from time to time. just never have much time to hunker down and answer some questions!
i'll try to get to a few more over the next few days. thanks for being a member of the Raw fold. T.

#58 kwiat_skye

kwiat_skye

Framling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:18 PM

That would be great. And you're welcome.
`..`.><((((>. `..

#59 mediumfan

mediumfan

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE(Thomas Jane @ Apr 4 2008, 06:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanks! i felt that Franks ending was perfect for the film, where Steve King's end was great for the book. I know Frank wanted to throw an extra punch to the film that would put a button on the end, not leave it open ended like the book, which probably would not have been as satisfying. all in all, i'm very proud of the movie. i think people will be discovering it for a long time.

Thanks for the reply, Thomas! Great to see you around here.

Great point about the two endings. Darabont's ending definitely played better on screen. As for throwing an extra punch in there, I'd say that he did that in spades. That ending was an absolute punch in the gut.

And I also think that The Mist is a movie that will have a huge cultlike following for years to come. Count me in. I love it. I've already bought the dvd. laugh.gif

Oh, one more thing.

How did the "Hollywood Apocalypse" event turn out? I saw the entries online and was kind of curious as to which one won the judging. There were some really great works there. It must have been tough to decide.

And I'm really looking forward to hearing the digital children's book that you and Patricia are doing with Ludon Lee. Sounds exciting and a very worthwhile cause. My hat's off to you and Patricia for all the good works that you do for others. Kudos to you.

All my best to you and yours. And don't be such a stranger. laugh.gif

Mediumfan

p.s. As you've probably figured out by now, I am a huge fan of Patricia's and of "Medium", so I am REALLY excited about it's renewal for another season. I hope it continues for several more seasons (or as long as Patricia is happy doing it). Please give her my congratulations on her well-deserved success, and on another season of "Medium".

#60 Mantooth

Mantooth

DeathSpider Larva

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:34 PM

Hey Thomas- does this word mean anything to you- cexcean

thx and god bless - especially P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users