Tim Bradstreet Podcast Episode II

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Tim Bradstreet

Tim Bradstreet

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 3,170 posts
  • Interests:Illustration, Graphic Design, Production Design, Film Scores, Film.

Posted 12 October 2007 - 11:55 PM

This episode we'll be discussing some specific RAW stuff incuding an update on "The Lycan", and the 3-D Bad Planet experience.
Other topics include - The Justice League movie, the new edit of Blade Runner and it's final big release this November, guilty pleasure films, Indiana Jones IV, and 3-D animated films including the soon to be released Beowulf.
All this AND we have a special announcement about a contest we're having - More details on the show, you won't want to miss it.

You can download it right here! --------> http://www.rawstudios.com/podcast.html

- TB

#2 irish46

irish46

pencil butcher

• Old Guard
  • 1,120 posts
  • Interests:horror, zombies, westerns, action, adventure, zombies, comics, zombies, movies, tv, zombies, reading, hanging out with my brother Noeland...did I say zombies?

Posted 13 October 2007 - 05:14 AM

God Damn! Can't wait!

#3 Jen

Jen

RAW Keeper of the Faith

• Old Guard
  • 1,766 posts
  • Interests:Ummm...Tom Jane - oh, and music.

Posted 13 October 2007 - 08:49 AM

Awesome! biggrin.gif Can't wait either! smile.gif

Jen
Thomas Jane 2 Yahoo Group
http://groups.yahoo..../Thomas_Jane_2/
All Tom - all the time - photos, news, more!

Delusions Of Adequacy
http://www.adequacy.net/
Jen Stratosphere Fanzine - music writer

#4 Noeland

Noeland

Loyal Order of RAW

• Root Admin
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 09:38 AM

The Justice League Movie is a pretty dang exciting topic, given the director. smile.gif I'm sure you have lots to say on the subject.

And who doesn't love a contest? It's like a parfiat. Everybody loves parfait. (you all know you're saying that inside your hear with Eddie Murphy's donkey voice, admit it!)

:)Njc---

#5 Bruce

Bruce

DeathSpider Larva

• Old Guard
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:09 PM

Sweet!! Looking forward to it!

#6 irish46

irish46

pencil butcher

• Old Guard
  • 1,120 posts
  • Interests:horror, zombies, westerns, action, adventure, zombies, comics, zombies, movies, tv, zombies, reading, hanging out with my brother Noeland...did I say zombies?

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:41 PM

I love parfaits.....but I really wanna' here about the JLA movie.

#7 tom_racine

tom_racine

Mud Whistle

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Movies, books, comic books, history, goofy science shows on Discovery, the occasional sports, but over the past two years, my interests are pretty much all about playing with my new daughter, Katie.

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:56 PM

Ooooo, parfait. I haven't had one of them in years. Great...now I'm totally craving one.

Looks like the two new 'casts are up there for your downloading pleasure. I love hearing what you folks think, and we will be talking about your suggestions and comments, so weigh in! There's a "Name The Podcast" contest just around the corner, and you'll hear all about the very cool prize we'll be giving the winner.

And any suggestions for topics or questions you might have will be welcomed, as well. If it was up to me and Tim, we'd probably just sit around talking about crap, so it's good to have a subject. I think my role in all of this is basically to herd Tim along on topic...the man is a wealth of wonderfully useless information and we both love the sound of our voices, so keep us in line, people.

Enjoy!

#8 Jason

Jason

DeathSpider Larva

• Old Guard
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Are on my myspace..

Posted 16 October 2007 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE(tom_racine @ Oct 16 2007, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ooooo, parfait. I haven't had one of them in years. Great...now I'm totally craving one.

Looks like the two new 'casts are up there for your downloading pleasure. I love hearing what you folks think, and we will be talking about your suggestions and comments, so weigh in! There's a "Name The Podcast" contest just around the corner, and you'll hear all about the very cool prize we'll be giving the winner.

And any suggestions for topics or questions you might have will be welcomed, as well. If it was up to me and Tim, we'd probably just sit around talking about crap, so it's good to have a subject. I think my role in all of this is basically to herd Tim along on topic...the man is a wealth of wonderfully useless information and we both love the sound of our voices, so keep us in line, people.

Enjoy!

Uh oh it's Tom Racine lol. So when exactly does this contest start? If you can let that info out lol.

#9 tom_racine

tom_racine

Mud Whistle

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Movies, books, comic books, history, goofy science shows on Discovery, the occasional sports, but over the past two years, my interests are pretty much all about playing with my new daughter, Katie.

Posted 16 October 2007 - 09:04 PM

That's right...it's Tom Racine. Everyone look busy. smile.gif

As for the Name the Podcast contest, that's up to Mr. Administrator, Tim Bradstreet to decide. He's off on a secret mission with Thomas Jane, but he's going to start a thread in the forums specifically for the naming of the 'cast, so keep your eyes open for it. A cool original piece of Bradstreet art awaits the winner, and we're not talkin' some scribbles on a post-it note here.

#10 THOMAS LOGAN

THOMAS LOGAN

4 months to go...

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 09:19 PM

You guys really oughtta pick the comic movies fight, that's a discussion I'll be all ears for TR. Cover all the uncharted territory: Capi's movie, Thor, Ant-Man, The Flash, and of course the Wolverine. Loved the show by the way.
-TL

#11 Tim Bradstreet

Tim Bradstreet

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 3,170 posts
  • Interests:Illustration, Graphic Design, Production Design, Film Scores, Film.

Posted 16 October 2007 - 10:55 PM

OK folks -
Yer actually going to get a two-fisted, double whammy of Podcasts here.
Tom and I recorded a pair before I left for New Mexico.
The idea was to release them about 10 days apart but there was a miscommunication between our web general and myself. Both new episodes have been posted. What the hell right? Why deny that extra episode at this point?
So go get 'em. We hope you enjoy.

---------> http://www.rawstudios.com/podcast.html

Episode 3 is a special podcast. the subject of film music and composers is the topic of the hour.

We'll be back with some fresh casts as soon as we can. We're hoping to do some stuff with Tom Racine in San Diego hosting by his lonesome. The very difficult job he will undertake will be reigning in both me and Tom Jane.
That's right, we're hoping to do some semi weekly reports from the set of "Dark Country" while TJ and I are here in New Mexico making a movie. Oughtta be super cool. We'll keep you posted.

- TB

#12 David Allcock

David Allcock

The force is really rather strong with him.

• Old Guard
  • 176 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 02:33 PM

LIFEFORCE!!!!!

you magnificent bastard. My guilty pleasure too. More people need to watch it. Crazy concept, stellar cast and tons of wicked old school FX...gotta love those opticals, miniatures and animatronics.

#13 Noeland

Noeland

Loyal Order of RAW

• Root Admin
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 05:52 PM

smile.gif I appreciate the mention guys. 'bout fell outta' my damn chair, but it was a very nice surprise. Glad you enjoyed my suggestions, and YES, I read the WIRED interview with Ridley just today. (am I that predictable?) Striking photo of him on the page too that I immediately wanted to draw! hahahaha. As soon as I saw it I thought "Damn, that would look killer in pen and ink!"

The podcast was great, and you guys have a great chemistry going now that you've done a few of these. And Tom, you're half the reason we listen buddy, don't be so modest!

You guys covered so much ground, I'm not sure where to start. How about Indy.

I was gleefully happy when Darabont was announced as the writer, and equally heartbroken when I started reading things about how Lucas tossed his script and rewrote it. Lucas was never a good writer, so my heart just friggin sank. I'm so damn jealous that you've been able to read Darabont's screenplay Tim. He's one of those writers I love to read. The way you feel about film scores is the way I feel about screenplays. So, I'd kill to read it someday.

Next thing, I don't know what Jim's new "real" job is, but damn, is gonna keep him from comics? Because, he's one of my favorite artists! sad.gif

Ya know, I shouldn't say too much so anyone who might be reading this thread before listening to the show won't be spoiled.

Off to listen to numba' III.

I'm working on a dark horse submission while I'm listening, and it just happens to be Aliens themed so when you guys went into quotes from the flick I chuckled. I happened to be inking some Xeno teeth at the time . . .

#14 kwiat_skye

kwiat_skye

Framling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 06:24 PM

Okay, I'll try this question on this thread.
I finally have time to listen to this today, but my puter says podcast two and three are unknown files. This is a problem for my technically-impaired brain. The first podcast was an mp3, which my puter downloaded just fine. But the next two are m4a??? Can someone out there in RAWland tell me what I should download to be able to hear these podcasts without having to worry that the puter will explode?

I'm getting frustrated here. Especially after reading the last post.

Help. ohmy.gif

Silent scream.
`..`.><((((>. `..

#15 Noeland

Noeland

Loyal Order of RAW

• Root Admin
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 06:28 PM

Try the latest quicktime download, or the latest windows media player. You may just have to upgrade your browser. Which OS you on? I have a QT plugin for firefox, so it plays right in my browser window.

#16 kwiat_skye

kwiat_skye

Framling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE(noelandlovesguns @ Oct 18 2007, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try the latest quicktime download, or the latest windows media player. You may just have to upgrade your browser. Which OS you on? I have a QT plugin for firefox, so it plays right in my browser window.

Thanks, Noeland. I finally overcame my technoparanoia and downloaded Quicktime yesterday. I had updated my windows media player, but that still didn't run m4a files.
Anyway, I also listened to podcast II yesterday and realized almost immediately that I had repeated one of your name the podcast suggestions. (Great minds think alike, I guess.) Sorry about that. I went back and deleted that post after I finished listened in to cast of pods.
`..`.><((((>. `..

#17 Noeland

Noeland

Loyal Order of RAW

• Root Admin
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE(kwiat_skye @ Oct 25 2007, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks, Noeland. I finally overcame my technoparanoia and downloaded Quicktime yesterday. I had updated my windows media player, but that still didn't run m4a files.
Anyway, I also listened to podcast II yesterday and realized almost immediately that I had repeated one of your name the podcast suggestions. (Great minds think alike, I guess.) Sorry about that. I went back and deleted that post after I finished listened in to cast of pods.

No sweat man. QT is a safe program, and if you don't have I-tunes, download I-tunes too, and you can just subcribe to thier podcast and it will DL automatically for you right into your podcast playlist. Very easy.

#18 kwiat_skye

kwiat_skye

Framling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 02:30 PM

Listening again and playing with netflix. They actually have The Boy with Green Hair, which surprised me. I do remember watching it on TV a gazillion years ago. Nate and Hayes, The Order, and Heavy Metal (yes, I am totally uncool) are now at the top of my netflix queue. The Order must be a very strange flick since the ratings seem to be one or two stars. or five stars. Apparently, one either loves or hates this movie. I guess I'll find out.

I did finally watch The Fountain the other day. Very enjoyable to watch and I don't understand why folks said they couldn't follow the story. Still think it is a stupid title since it was about a tree, not a fountain. But that's just me.
`..`.><((((>. `..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users